Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
I'm sure suites are available for booking, so if the price isn't too high then maybe just save your points and pay for the suite. You could also call the hotel, tell them you've got two standard rooms booked on points, and see if they could move you into a suite instead (for the same number of points).

As to whether or not there is plenty to do "there" for eight nights, if you mean at the resort then no, but if you mean on Maui then absolutely yes.
Yeah, I'm looking at ~$7k+ for a suite. Or, the other approach is 560k Marriott points for 2 standard rooms with the hope that they would upgrade me to a suite upon check-in. But, that's a lot of points...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Yeah, I'm looking at ~$7k+ for a suite. Or, the other approach is 560k Marriott points for 2 standard rooms with the hope that they would upgrade me to a suite upon check-in. But, that's a lot of points...
The rates there are HIGH. For my 6 night stay in March, it would've cost me $3600 US (not including the resort fee, which I need to pay regardless). That's like $4500+ CAD. In points it cost me 200K. That's great value for a hotel award!

Can you squeeze all of you in one with a rollaway - and then hope for any sort of upgrade when you arrive (even if you have to pay the difference)? I did 5 in a double queen at the Marco Island Marriott - 2 teens, 1 kid and two adults...that was fun!

Last edited by pokee; Oct 20, 2017 at 1:20 pm
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by pokee
The rates there are HIGH. For my 6 night stay in March, it would've cost me $3600 US (not including the resort fee, which I need to pay regardless). That's like $4500+ CAD. In points it cost me 200K. That's great value for a hotel award!

Can you squeeze all of you in one with a rollaway - and then hope for any sort of upgrade when you arrive (even if you have to pay the difference)? I did 5 in a double queen at the Marco Island Marriott - 2 teens, 1 kid and two adults...that was fun!
I've thought about trying the squeeze with a roll away but could not risk getting there only for the hotel to tell us "nope, sorry". 8N in a standard room is a LONG time with a 11/8/2 year old. lol
Old Nov 1, 2017, 4:36 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Spending 2 nights on award, should I expect anything for plat? (first stay as plat!) I'm not expecting anything this being Hawaii, but something would be nice... How's the happy hour here?
Old Nov 10, 2017, 10:10 pm

Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points, has an Alan Wong restaurant
Old Nov 11, 2017, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by msp3
Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points
That's the Plat welcome gift at all Marriotts* in the U.S. and Canada. It's in the program T&C.

*Specifically: JW Marriott®, Autograph Collection®, Renaissance® Hotels, Marriott® Hotels, Gaylord Hotels, Delta Hotels®
Old Nov 11, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Plat welcome gift at this property is a choice of $10 food&beverage credit or 500 points, has an Alan Wong restaurant
Also, I'm pretty sure it's a Roy Yamaguchi restaurant.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by DJ_Iceman
Also, I'm pretty sure it's a Roy Yamaguchi restaurant.
Pardon me yes you’re right. For some reason Alan Wong was on my mind...
Originally Posted by Kacee
That's the Plat welcome gift at all Marriotts* in the U.S. and Canada. It's in the program T&C.
First stay as Plat please go easy on me 😌. I thought other then the 500 points the other choice varies depending on property? Like you get a bottle of something
Old Nov 12, 2017, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I thought other then the 500 points the other choice varies depending on property? Like you get a bottle of something
You're perhaps thinking of properties outside the U.S. or Canada. In the U.S. or Canada, it is "500 bonus points or $10 Food & Beverage credit." Guaranteed Platinum Arrival Gift
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:46 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Exclamation

Resort fee increasing to $35 starting from December 1st, and it does NOT include self-parking ($25 extra)
Old Nov 16, 2017, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Resort fee increasing to $35 starting from December 1st, and it does NOT include self-parking ($25 extra)
DOH! I don't suppose this doesn't apply if you've already made your reservation with the lower quoted resort fee?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by pokee
DOH! I don't suppose this doesn't apply if you've already made your reservation with the lower quoted resort fee?
It shouldn't. Do you have a screenshot of your reservation? That should be all you need to get them to honor the terms that were in effect at the time you made your reservation.

--Jon
Old Dec 18, 2017, 11:26 am

Programs: MR Plat Prem., WN Companion Pass
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Jon Maiman
It shouldn't. Do you have a screenshot of your reservation? That should be all you need to get them to honor the terms that were in effect at the time you made your reservation.

--Jon
My reservation for February (made last summer) now shows a $42 increase as a result of the new fee. On my reservation page, it says, "USD 35 daily resort fee added to room rate includes Internet/bike rentals/intro scuba/Mai Tai drinks/discounts and more!"
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:36 pm

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
Originally Posted by tjo4
My reservation for February (made last summer) now shows a $42 increase as a result of the new fee. On my reservation page, it says, "USD 35 daily resort fee added to room rate includes Internet/bike rentals/intro scuba/Mai Tai drinks/discounts and more!"
If you have a screenshot or an email message with the original reservation terms (not what you currently see on The Marriott web site), that is all the proof you need. Even without it, calling the hotel and asking them to honor the original terms should still be sufficient. Reservations are generally grandfathered with the terms at the time the booking was made.

--Jon
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:23 am
Suspended

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
if one of the included activities (such as intro to scuba or photo session) was not available during the stay because they were booked out (due to high season high occupancy), would it be easy to get the resort fees waived ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.