Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2018, 12:05 pm

I considered using my points to stay at the new RI up the street, but felt like it was somehow wrong to stay at a hotel in Hawaii that wasn't a resort (with the multiple pools, restaurants, proximity to the water, resort amenities).

While it's appearing to be quite obvious that the location of the rooms at this resort are a bit hit and miss, the resort just sounds too fabulous to stay anywhere else! Having said that, if I was paying cash, I think I might choose someplace else...
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:07 pm

Just a follow-up post - we're here now and we got a room in Hale 2 on the 3rd floor facing Northwest. We have a view of trees and ocean. Not bad for a garden view room booking using points only!
windhund and happychic like this.
Old Mar 24, 2018, 2:42 am
bhp

Originally Posted by pokee
Just a follow-up post - we're here now and we got a room in Hale 2 on the 3rd floor facing Northwest. We have a view of trees and ocean. Not bad for a garden view room booking using points only!
We checked in Mar 20 and got a room in Hale 4 with view of the water slide, pool and ocean, also booked garden view room. Very nice room and resort but we're able to hear the unit above us, which is quite annoying
Old Mar 27, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by bhp
We checked in Mar 20 and got a room in Hale 4 with view of the water slide, pool and ocean, also booked garden view room. Very nice room and resort but we're able to hear the unit above us, which is quite annoying
That's too bad about the noise above, but great room score! We had the top floor and couldn't hear anyone else around us unless the lanai door was open.

Our stay was quite flawless! The weather was the only thing that wasn't perfect. Can't win em all!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 9:26 pm
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
We are at the resort now. No upgrade received for platinum status, but did get a top floor assignment in the tower (Haleakala building). It’s relatively quiet as well up here, with very little to disturb. Resort is great.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 9:48 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Originally Posted by pokee
I considered using my points to stay at the new RI up the street, but felt like it was somehow wrong to stay at a hotel in Hawaii that wasn't a resort (with the multiple pools, restaurants, proximity to the water, resort amenities).

While it's appearing to be quite obvious that the location of the rooms at this resort are a bit hit and miss, the resort just sounds too fabulous to stay anywhere else! Having said that, if I was paying cash, I think I might choose someplace else...
I am travelling wife wife and 2 young kids, am Platinum and will be redeeming 160K points for 5 nights during Thanksgiving. Am still undecided about the Marriott or RI. The RI has free breakfast which is great for a family and no resort fee. But the Marriott looks a lot nicer and great pools.
I would appreciate any feedback from families to help me make up my mind. Also I can bet that during thanksgiving the Marriott will have high occupancy and an awesome upgrade might not occur. Thanks!
Old Mar 30, 2018, 9:19 am

Hi all: We currently have a reservation for 2 standard rooms for our party of 6 staying in August. Our preference is for our rooms to be adjoining/connecting rooms. What is the best way to ensure this happens? Should I contact the property GM directly? I believe he's Ed Tomlin but I don't have his email info. Thoughts?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
It's hurricane season. Just so you know. Both of the big ones were in November. It is a quiet time on the islands, mostly travel agents and their families. That said, you definitely want Marriott. Lovely beach for families.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:49 pm

Programs: UA Gold Million Miler, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
GM or no GM?

I think emailing the GM is over kill for a modest request. Talk to the desk and see what they say. You do not post whether you have status or not. That really is the biggie which determines how you are treated. August will be busy so you need to get your request in now. IF the desk cannot help you, then get info about how to reach the GM. I actually sent a real letter to two different hotels and it was amazing what I got in both cases. Seriously wonderful upgrades. First I praised the GM and his hotel, etc. Good luck,
Old Mar 30, 2018, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Hi all: We currently have a reservation for 2 standard rooms for our party of 6 staying in August. Our preference is for our rooms to be adjoining/connecting rooms. What is the best way to ensure this happens? Should I contact the property GM directly? I believe he's Ed Tomlin but I don't have his email info. Thoughts?
In the past I made sure Marriott Reservations puts a note in the text. Then about two weeks out I call/email sometimes both and let the GM know that I have minor children staying in the other room and that I was told at the time of reservation that an adjoining room wouldn't be a problem. At two weeks out they have plenty of flexibility to make it happen. Just make sure you have it noted in the reservation now. Doing this, I've never had a problem. I prefer email because then I usually get a confirmation (that is in writing) that it is taken care of...
Old Mar 30, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: Rapid Rewards, Skymiles, Hilton HHonors, SPG/Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by ORD-TGU
I am travelling wife wife and 2 young kids, am Platinum and will be redeeming 160K points for 5 nights during Thanksgiving. Am still undecided about the Marriott or RI. The RI has free breakfast which is great for a family and no resort fee. But the Marriott looks a lot nicer and great pools.
I would appreciate any feedback from families to help me make up my mind. Also I can bet that during thanksgiving the Marriott will have high occupancy and an awesome upgrade might not occur. Thanks!
I have
never been to either, but I think the question is answered by what you want to do. If you are going to hang out at the beach and pool, you want the Marriott. If you are going to be out all day, go with the RI.
Old Apr 2, 2018, 6:55 am

Originally Posted by davidsc111
In the past I made sure Marriott Reservations puts a note in the text. Then about two weeks out I call/email sometimes both and let the GM know that I have minor children staying in the other room and that I was told at the time of reservation that an adjoining room wouldn't be a problem. At two weeks out they have plenty of flexibility to make it happen. Just make sure you have it noted in the reservation now. Doing this, I've never had a problem. I prefer email because then I usually get a confirmation (that is in writing) that it is taken care of...
Thanks! I just did that last week. I also plan on writing the GM as it gets closer to the date - really don't want any snafus since this is quite a large redemption!. I have the GM's name but am having difficulties locating his email. What's the best way of finding this?
Old Apr 3, 2018, 10:46 am
NDN

Programs: Marriott Titanium and LTP, Hilton Gold, United Silver
I just got my bill and credit for hebstay. Please be aware that charges to your room for contracted services, including Humble Market Kitchen and the Mandara Spa, do NOT earn any points.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by gumercindo
Thanks! I just did that last week. I also plan on writing the GM as it gets closer to the date - really don't want any snafus since this is quite a large redemption!. I have the GM's name but am having difficulties locating his email. What's the best way of finding this?
I've messaged the hotel via their Facebook page to get this information before:
https://www.facebook.com/WaileaBeachResortMarriottMaui/
gumercindo likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: UA 1KMM, Bonvoy LTE+A, HH D, Nat'l EE, Hertz Plat, Avis PC
Originally Posted by NDN
I just got my bill and credit for hebstay. Please be aware that charges to your room for contracted services, including Humble Market Kitchen and the Mandara Spa, do NOT earn any points.
Well THAT'S new, and not a positive development. In my previous stays all charges to the room counted for points (like at almost every other Marriott hotel), and those non-room charges can really add up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.