Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 23, 2017, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: windhund
Has an Arrival/Departure Lounge, where travelers can unwind after a long flight. Personal showers and lockers in the lounge also are available to those who need to check out of their rooms before leaving the resort.

Has an amazing view from the Adult Only Infinity Pool

Daily resort fee USD 30 plus tax will be added to rate. As of 2018, the resort fee benefits were as listed below. However, this list came from a card labeled "Resort Fees & Amenities: Elite", and it's not clear which ones are different for or apply only to elites. There's also a disclaimer: "The Resort Fee includes a variety of amenities for our guests. Please note some amenities are subject to availability."
  • Complimentary daily internet
  • Unlimited US Domestic, long distance & local phone calls
  • Outgoing domestic US fax service (up to 20 pages)
  • 15% on Laundry and Dry Cleaning Services
  • 30-minute personal photo session and package upgrade
  • Daily Fitness Classes
  • Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities
  • 1 hour bicycle rental (2 bicycles per stay)
  • Bottled Water (2 per day)
  • Welcome shell lei greeting upon arrival
  • Courtesy rides within the Wailea Resort (upon availability)
  • Beach Chair Rental (2 per day)
  • Cabana Rentals: 10% discount on full-day cabana rentals at 'Ohi pools, Maluhia pools & NALU adventure pool. Dial 'At Your Service' for reservations
  • Mandara Spa: 10% discount on 50-minute service (excludes special promotions and events)
  • Ocean Concierge & Activities: 20% discount on weekly paddle board rental; complimentary fish identification card; complimentary introductory morning scuba lesson. Visit the 'Ohio Pools for reservations.
  • The Movie House: complimentary movie screenings. View the weekly schedule for showtimes.
  • GameSpace: complimentary access to GameSapce, featuring foosball, billiards, shuffleboard, vintage arcade and Xbox games [for those who haven't been back since the renovation, this is an indoor gaming area they added as part of the renovations. It's at the far end of the lobby opposite the Starbucks.]
  • Akamai Business Center: 20% discount on FedEx & UPS Shipping
Print Wikipost

Wailea Beach Marriott Resort & Spa, Maui, Hawaii [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2005, 4:42 pm

Programs: SPEBSQSA
dmacst,

I did a search (using the search button at the top) on Wailea and came up with two pages of thread titles in the Marriott forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/searc...earchid=918783

You'll find most of the feedback positive, and also some insites into the Kihie side of Maui.

Bob
Old May 2, 2005, 9:23 pm

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
I also was asked if I had a car but did not at the time. Picked it up the next day, as I had a friend drop us off. So I had a car 7 of the 8 days there, passed by the valet parking guys several times, but was never asked about a vehicle again.

Had a great time at this resort, especially staying on the lowest point award stay and getting a very nice room with what I would consider an ocean view. You could watch the sunset and the luau from this room in the Kihei tower and it was far better than some of the other rooms I saw. The hotel was not full though.

My two biggest pieces sof advice: eat at Chez Paul on the way to Lahaina, and do not stay at this hotel if you are looking for a big pool.

We never ate at the restraunts at the hotel other than poolside one day. There are far too many good restraunts in the area and up north to waste a meal on the hotel food. For the money, the hotel food is decent I am sure, but not worth it. I will write a more thorough trip report in an appropriate forum.

Thanks all for your help in the above posts!
Old May 2, 2005, 10:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, MR Plat (life gold), SPG Gold
I am continually annoyed by hotels charging fees for this type of thing. The Marriott properties on Oahu (JW and MVCI) charge for parking in an area where there is tons of space.

It's the "marketing" genius of let's see where we can nickel and dime our clients to increase revenue. I have passed over plenty of hotel nights at properties that charge for parking or "resort fees". Resort fees are the most rediculous charge. If there are fees and services that cost more at hotels, because they are "resorts" then don't charge me more per night, then drop on an extra $x on me per night when I show up.

At least Marriott does not charge extra as others are for this.
Old May 3, 2005, 8:08 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
My middle name is cheap!

Rented a one-way from Avis (The property's on site rental car company) dropped off car- no charge for parking.

Need a car each day? Just do a one day rental! During my stay it was the same price as a weekly. Plus, there may be a day you just want to walk the beaches & stay locally @ the resort- no charge for parking.

Rent the cheapest model as they usually need to bump you up a model due to availibility of the econo. buckets.

The only drawback is if you want the car really early as the desk opens around (8 or 9 I believe). Went to Jamba Juice on morning then returned the car- they don't know if you park it & then take it out for an early morning spin All they care about is the car is back on-time & in one piece.

Do a one way back to the airport.
Old May 4, 2005, 12:01 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1MM,
Yes, but renting a bunch of one day rentals is more expensive. The reason the weekly rate is the same as the daily rate is because you have no advance purchase.

I had a week with a convertible and the rate was 159 (22.70/day). That was booked a little over a week in advance. Daily was 37 dollars a day. I only neeeded to use the car 4 days at that rate to save anything (not including any parking fees here) , and I used it just about every day to visit the fantastic restraunts in the area. If you are eating in the hotel, you are spending WAY too much money.

Hotel breakfast buffett for two = $44

Kihei Cafe (awesome food and tons of it!) = $11

I have a few friends in the car rental business and all of them tell me the hotel desks have the highest profits because the advance purchase rates are not normally used there....its just the walk ups.
Old May 4, 2005, 7:57 am

Programs: AA- EXP 3mm, Marriott Titanium(Lifetime), *wood Plat, Hertz Pres. Circle, *bucks Gold, Joan Ranger
I booked in advance via the internet. Multiple 1 day rentals.

Had one day w/out the car & no parking fees all week. Saved 60 bucks.

WT
Old May 4, 2005, 8:56 am

Programs: WN A+CP, UAL, Marriott LTPPE
I agree wth Tiojelly , just charge me exrta $ for the room so I don't feel like I am being gouged.

JC5280 "I had a week with a convertible and the rate was 159 (22.70/day). That was booked a little over a week in advance. Daily was 37 dollars a day. I only neeeded to use the car 4 days at that rate to save anything (not including any parking fees here)"

I have been looking quite a while (not very well apparently) for a convertable at a rate of $175 /wk or so in early Nov.
Any hints on how to get the $159 rate you mentioned? Which rental company and any special codes?

Mahalo
Old Jul 16, 2005, 6:56 am

Ren Wailea

Just made a reservation for Jan 06. Is it still changing ownership, just with a later date?

Let me save some time

DEAR Frankhi .... why don't you do a seach? paininthe
Dear Paininthe thanks, why didn't I think of that?

Dear Paininthe Well, I've done my seach as you brilliantly suggested, but didn't find the answer to my question. Nevertheless, I really appreciate you taking the time from your busy schedule to respond to my post.
Old Jul 22, 2005, 4:19 pm
MGG

The Renaissance in Wailea has already been taken over by Westin but are not changing names until after 15 January. We too have reservations for that weekend of the 6th usinf award points….how nice that they still get honored there........See you in Maui!!!
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:55 am

Thanks, yeah the website is taking res until 4/30/06, mine is for 1/28.
Old Oct 19, 2005, 9:38 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Hertz at Ren Wailea?

Never been there so I've put off booking a rental car...

Do I need a rental car on Maui? Does Ren Wailea have a Hertz/Avis/Enterprise counter so that if we do want to get out for a day or two we can just rent in the lobby?
Old Oct 19, 2005, 2:33 pm

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Question

Originally Posted by psychephylax
Never been there so I've put off booking a rental car...

Do I need a rental car on Maui? Does Ren Wailea have a Hertz/Avis/Enterprise counter so that if we do want to get out for a day or two we can just rent in the lobby?
Lots of questions, I can answer a few.
Avis has a counter at the Hotel. I also am pretty sure in some of the other hotels in the area have Hertz.
How do you plan on getting from the airport to the hotel? It's not very close.
What do you want to do once you get to the hotel?
Walking distance you have golf, tennis and ocean.
The hotel has a complete water activity center, scuba lessons, Kayak and canoe's. Ask for Gary he is a personal friend.
An upscale mall that is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
Plenty of resturants in all the hotels and the mall.
Let me know
Jon
Old Oct 19, 2005, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Nobody, Hertz Gold, Avis Select
Originally Posted by BDLORD
Lots of questions, I can answer a few.
Avis has a counter at the Hotel. I also am pretty sure in some of the other hotels in the area have Hertz.
How do you plan on getting from the airport to the hotel? It's not very close.
What do you want to do once you get to the hotel?
Walking distance you have golf, tennis and ocean.
The hotel has a complete water activity center, scuba lessons, Kayak and canoe's. Ask for Gary he is a personal friend.
An upscale mall that is a 10 minute walk from the hotel.
Plenty of resturants in all the hotels and the mall.
Let me know
Jon
Ok, I'm Avis Preferred Select too so that may come in handy
Airport -> Hotel will probably be cab or shuttle if they have one running
No clue what I plan on doing when I get to the hotel...I WAS planning on diving most of the time 2 days dive, 1 day off, 2 days dive, 1 day off but I hurt my ear diving on Labor day so that plan is out.
Probably hang out on the beach, do some water sports so I will probably rent a waverunner or jetski
Eating and drinking...

One thing I do plan on doing is taking lots and lots of photos so any interesting parks scenic overlooks would be good. I can rent a car from Hertz from the airport but learning from experience at SFO I could probably get away without a car and if I need to go on a day trip I can rent from whoever is in the lobby.
Old Oct 20, 2005, 9:36 am

Programs: UA 1.5 Million Mile flyer, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hertz 5* and PC since 1985
Originally Posted by psychephylax
Ok, I'm Avis Preferred Select too so that may come in handy
Airport -> Hotel will probably be cab or shuttle if they have one running
No clue what I plan on doing when I get to the hotel...I WAS planning on diving most of the time 2 days dive, 1 day off, 2 days dive, 1 day off but I hurt my ear diving on Labor day so that plan is out.
Probably hang out on the beach, do some water sports so I will probably rent a waverunner or jetski
Eating and drinking...

One thing I do plan on doing is taking lots and lots of photos so any interesting parks scenic overlooks would be good. I can rent a car from Hertz from the airport but learning from experience at SFO I could probably get away without a car and if I need to go on a day trip I can rent from whoever is in the lobby.
Rent a car at the airport, no hotel shuttle. I know it's about 12 miles but it can take you 45 minutes to get to the hotel. I have never taken a cab so I can't help you here.
The hotel has a nice reef to snokkel and a great beach. We make the walk down the beach path every morning It goes all the way to the Fairmont Kea Alani.
You won't find wave runners or jetskis on that beach, think paddle or sail.
Try to get a room in the Mokapu Beach, your Plat. so you should have no problem upgrading.
When are you going? We are in house from the 23rd November until the 4th December.
I can give you some other tips if you like.

http://www.hawaii.gov/dot/airports/m...ound_trans.htm

Last edited by BDLORD; Oct 20, 2005 at 9:39 am
Old Oct 20, 2005, 12:59 pm

Programs: Starwood Gold, HiltonHHonors Silver, Marriott Silver, Delta SkyMiles
Note: the Ren Wailea charges $18 mandatory valet parking per day....if you don't rent a car, be sure to tell them this when you check in. Otherwise they assume you have one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.