Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 3:15 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by Phantom707
I vaguely remember the Verizon mess up with decimals, but can someone refresh my memory?
Verizon Wireless was saying that 3G data roaming in Canada was 0.002 cents/KB when in fact it was 0.002 dollars/KB. The guy used about 37 MB and received a bill for ~$76 when he was expecting a bill for <$1. When he called VZW to inquire the representative was trying to say that 0.002 dollars = 0.002 cents. It was a failure of proper dimensional analysis.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:50 am

Question for whomever has the Simon Guest Services Manual or whomever knows the policy:

I went to a Simon Mall about a month ago with my father who's an authorized user on my cc, both cards have the same account number. He bought $2.5k and I was going to buy $5k (that's all the available credit I had at the time). We were being waited on by two different employees. They rang him up quicker and the lady who rang him up wrote down his last name and the last four of the CC. Right before my clerk went to swipe my CC she checked something with the lady who rang up my father and that lady said that their policy was they could only swipe one CC per account per day (including authorized users), and wouldn't let me pay with that CC because she said the CC# was the same. I asked her how she knew that the CC# was the same when she only has the last four digits of my father's CC but she wouldn't answer me.

This was weird because I went to that Simon Mall with my father two times before in the previous month and did the same thing and they didn't have that problem but this was a different lady. Wound up canceling my transaction and they gave me the number of their boss to call. I never bothered but I'm wondering if they followed the correct policy that time?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Never did I think my post on cpp would be so entertaining, made my morning watching all the math wizzes struggle. Let me give you a piece of advise, if you can't calculate the ccp then you should not be playing this game, you are probably in over your head.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:30 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by kenme1
Never did I think my post on cpp would be so entertaining, made my morning watching all the math wizzes struggle. Let me give you a piece of advise, if you can't calculate the ccp then you should not be playing this game, you are probably in over your head.
Now I'm confused. Is it cpp or ccp? LoL
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:08 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Phantom707
I vaguely remember the Verizon mess up with decimals, but can someone refresh my memory?

Also, that comment above about percentages angered me. Percent means per cent, as in one for every hundred. That means it applies to cents, one hundredth of a dollar, because they are per cent. Saying that you only need to move the decimal over when dealing with percent is extremely redundant because yes, cents are percent.
I hereby agree that I will use my common sense to decide where to
buy the GCs
Old Aug 23, 2015, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Now I'm confused. Is it cpp or ccp? LoL
ccp = Can't Calculate Percentages
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
2 PINS required to unload

I had a strange experience yesterday. I bought SMGCs, set PINs, and went to Walmart to load to Serve. Kate, which had been down on my last trip, was working. But, when I tried to load it asked me to enter my PIN which I did. Then, instead of proceeding to load, the keypad again said enter PIN but this time instead of being blank and filling with *s as I typed, it should 9 blanks _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and filled with the numbers visible as I typed. I tried with two different gift cards and got the same result. I didn't try to load with a cashier because there's a different Kate I can visit tomorrow. I was also dumb and didn't pull out my BB to see if it gave the same result. Anyone know what's going on?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by mattp1987
I had a strange experience yesterday. I bought SMGCs, set PINs, and went to Walmart to load to Serve. Kate, which had been down on my last trip, was working. But, when I tried to load it asked me to enter my PIN which I did. Then, instead of proceeding to load, the keypad again said enter PIN but this time instead of being blank and filling with *s as I typed, it should 9 blanks _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ and filled with the numbers visible as I typed. I tried with two different gift cards and got the same result. I didn't try to load with a cashier because there's a different Kate I can visit tomorrow. I was also dumb and didn't pull out my BB to see if it gave the same result. Anyone know what's going on?
that Kate has a bug asking for 9digit PIN which, as of today, no one has discovered the solution. Many of the kiosks affected takes months before they get fixed (if they're fixed at all). You can still load at the registers or at Money Center.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
Originally Posted by Mamibear
that Kate has a bug asking for 9digit PIN which, as of today, no one has discovered the solution. Many of the kiosks affected takes months before they get fixed (if they're fixed at all). You can still load at the registers or at Money Center.
Thanks for the prompt reply! I have a go-to Kate in DAY that I'll hit tomorrow, but I'm in SAT right now where my best options are that one (really close to my go-to SM) and one that has been on "power mode" for a couple weeks.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Rooks
Question for whomever has the Simon Guest Services Manual or whomever knows the policy:

I went to a Simon Mall about a month ago with my father who's an authorized user on my cc, both cards have the same account number. He bought $2.5k and I was going to buy $5k (that's all the available credit I had at the time). We were being waited on by two different employees. They rang him up quicker and the lady who rang him up wrote down his last name and the last four of the CC. Right before my clerk went to swipe my CC she checked something with the lady who rang up my father and that lady said that their policy was they could only swipe one CC per account per day (including authorized users), and wouldn't let me pay with that CC because she said the CC# was the same. I asked her how she knew that the CC# was the same when she only has the last four digits of my father's CC but she wouldn't answer me.

This was weird because I went to that Simon Mall with my father two times before in the previous month and did the same thing and they didn't have that problem but this was a different lady. Wound up canceling my transaction and they gave me the number of their boss to call. I never bothered but I'm wondering if they followed the correct policy that time?
Why do two transactions when you could've just done $7500 on your card? My motto.. keep it simple, stupid!

You did the right thing by letting it go. No reason to bring unnecessary attention.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Why do two transactions when you could've just done $7500 on your card? My motto.. keep it simple, stupid!

You did the right thing by letting it go. No reason to bring unnecessary attention.
I don't have a business account. Limit is $5k per day, it says that on the top of the form.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:18 pm

I don't have a business account. Limit is $5k per day, it says that on the top of the form.
Is the $5k on your CC or SM? I do $10k at SM. The limit is $10k/day/person. I don't have a biz acct with SM. of course not all SMs are as accommodating.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 1:54 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
Each Simon is different, mine is 3k per day, and it's a form EVERY time, I need to venture out
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
OK...so I went for 1k. Decided to start small before reading these replies. They had me fill out a form PLUS called a manager for approval.
I told the friendly CSR I would be doing more of the same and would I have to go through all this each time. He said now that he knows me, he could get phone approval. So 10k next time?

Also, I was dismayed that my SMGC would not work at 2 Walmarts to get MO, even though I set PINs. I went to a local grocery store and they worked. Went that route since my perm. BB card has not yet arrived.

I would personally go for the 10k, but that is just me. I have a way to unload them with no real issues. If you feel comfortable and the CSRs are accommodating then do it. What issues did you have with the Walmart MOs? I haven't had issues with these going through before so this may be interesting or an isolated event.
Old Aug 23, 2015, 2:58 pm

There's your answer right there. The limit is $5k per day per person. It doesn't matter if someone else was holding the card at the time, both cards are for the same account thus for the same person/entity. Thus the limit applies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.