Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2015, 1:17 am

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:35 pm
Old Aug 19, 2015, 11:34 pm

Does anyone know if simon mall accepts the 3% cash back Marukai Premium JCB card? It's a japanese-based card but is partnered with the Discover network, so theoretically should be accepted anywhere Discover is taken. Just wondering if anyone here knows if I can buy SM gift cards with the Marukai.

Also, I haven't been in this thread in a while and while I read the past couple pages didn't see any mention of this: when I went to buy some GCs today at my usual place, they wouldn't let me split tender. I could only use one card instead of my usual two (like different rewards on the different cards) and she said it was a new policy to not sell me any more gift cards for the day. One name one transaction one card per person per day, she said.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:41 am

Originally Posted by ManImCool
Does anyone know if simon mall accepts the 3% cash back Marukai Premium JCB card? It's a japanese-based card but is partnered with the Discover network, so theoretically should be accepted anywhere Discover is taken. Just wondering if anyone here knows if I can buy SM gift cards with the Marukai.

Also, I haven't been in this thread in a while and while I read the past couple pages didn't see any mention of this: when I went to buy some GCs today at my usual place, they wouldn't let me split tender. I could only use one card instead of my usual two (like different rewards on the different cards) and she said it was a new policy to not sell me any more gift cards for the day. One name one transaction one card per person per day, she said.
If that's the case, then just go with it. Don't argue, don't talk back. Try to find another Simon mall elsewhere or try a different shift.

As for your Marukai card, it should work... can't see why not. Can you please try it out and tell us the results?
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:03 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by ManImCool

The other day she said she had to make a few copies of the receipts, 1 for me, 1 to go into their sales draw and a 3rd(1st time for this) to be stapled onto the consumer form I filled out. I could care less she could have made 100 copies if she wanted as there isnt any info on it that is useful to anyone, if they want to play around to find out the 1st 11 digits they can go ahead, they could do that w/o the last 4 as well

Dont know if its just that SM or something new and it was a split payment, should have been 2 but she messed up by charging the 1st one in the 3 digits instead of 4 (eg 200 instead of 2000) so she charged 1 card twice
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:23 am

My JCB test failed at a Simon ~6 months ago, and failed at a Macerich ~1 year ago. ($50x.95)
Old Aug 20, 2015, 9:58 am

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:27 pm
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Lucky888
I didn't imply that AGC works at Simon.... If people only posted what works and is not against policy, this would be a very small forum.
Yes you did (you made no reference to it being against Simon corporate policy) and no it wouldn't (there has been plenty of talk in this thread other than AGC).

You shouldn't be quaking in your boots knowing that Simon monitors this thread. You should, however, show a little tact and decency in not getting your friends over at Grapevine Mills in trouble for allowing one of their internal memos to be released onto a very public forum. Your kind of callous and thoughtless behavior is what gets people written up or worse in their jobs....
LOL, fail on recognition of sarcasm. You are a complete newb to these boards as many of us are granted free access at our MS sites to take pictures and post. People post rumors and bogus information all the time, so copies of policies are welcomed in the MS forum. And corporate offices don't care. You actually are the one doing the disservice to the employees of Grapevine by looking up in Simon's records (its obvious you work at Simon or know someone who works there, hence your access to a manual) that it was the mall with the policy and pointing it out here. No one here outside Simon employment would have been able to figure that out.

.... After pressing them (politely) to check their Simon corporate manual to verify the stated rules ($10,000 limit/6 swipes)...
Why don't you bring your Simon manual with you each time since you work there (or perhaps you have a friend that does) since you were bragging about having access to one.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
While I agree with you 100% in general as far as not arguing and making a scene, something to consider; my last ~5 new Simon Malls I've visited as an unknown new customer to their location, the person staffing the desk has made up their own variation of some rule. Anywhere from $3,000 limit no exceptions, to $500 limit no exceptions, no split payments, to a few others. After pressing them (politely) to check their Simon corporate manual to verify the stated rules ($10,000 limit/6 swipes), and even asking to speak to the Office Administrator/Marketing Manager when they still wouldn't budge, the issue has always magically resolved itself. So, YMMV.

Of course, be very polite if you have to press the issue.
I agree with this. Sometimes, at many stores, cashiers just don't know. They are "told" something or saw it work one way only and they don't realize the rules. Such as CVS cashiers that claim OVs are cash only and you politely ask them to try. They are surprised when it works and say something along the lines of I didn't realize this worked. I'm not sure that I would mention knowing the rules but it doesn't hurt to ask them to verify with a manager. Sometimes I may say "well this is how it worked at a different store last week. I know that different stores have different policies but can you verify for me?"
Old Aug 20, 2015, 11:58 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
LOL. To use your vernacular: "You mad, bro?" You got called out for implying AGC works at Simon, when its strictly against company policy. And then you had to act like a big-shot newb claiming to have the corporate manual when frankly we hate to break it to you: no one cares when all that info is in this thread. And I'm really quaking in my boots that Simon corporate is monitoring this thread and is "up in arms" about a memo stating their policy..... Welcome to the MS forum as you must be new. People post pics of drug and grocery store policies all the time when provided of policy changes....

To put the conversation back on track, will AGC work if the CSR is oblivious to the policy? Of course. Just like the WM employee that doesn't enforce WM corporate's $3k MO/BP write-up mandate, things can be circumvented. To tell new people (without joking sarcasm) that they can AGC at Simon is dishonest. Using AGCs is one way to get put on the bad list like those two on the memo....
In my experience, not for long. I was able to use them at a certain location, but then the back office was checking transactions after the fact and noticed AGC used. Next trip in I was singled out by name and was told no more. My name ended up on The List. Laid low for a long time and now able to purchase again, but never with AGC. You don't want to be on The List. And, one regional office can handle a number of malls so The List can be a multiple locations (although in my case it wasn't this time).
Old Aug 20, 2015, 12:42 pm

Programs: AA Plat
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
No one here outside Simon employment would have been able to figure that out.
The first 6 digits of the phone number in the posted document are sufficient to identify the mall in question.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
My JCB test failed at a Simon ~6 months ago, and failed at a Macerich ~1 year ago. ($50x.95)
Now this is a bummer. Was it with the Marukai card? I actually don't have the card yet; was planning on specifically applying for it for MS but seeing as my only method right now is SMGC -> Serve, I may not. Maybe something has changed. I'll ask a the customer service attendant next time I pop in to see if they know anything of that payment type.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:05 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:19 pm
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:02 am

Going to make my first SMGC purchase later today in MD with my new Ink+. I've been making a bunch of common purchases on it first this past week to show normal use. Would I be OK to get 2k worth, or should I start smaller?
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:31 am

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
Going to make my first SMGC purchase later today in MD with my new Ink+. I've been making a bunch of common purchases on it first this past week to show normal use. Would I be OK to get 2k worth, or should I start smaller?
Personally, I would start smaller at first, especially since the CSR doesn't know you (unless you have been there for other cards). Personally I would do it this way ($500,$500, $1,000,$2000) over maybe a week or two, just because it is a new card. Since it is so new the 2k might trigger fraud warning, but hey that is just me. Might depend on CL and other things and since it is a big spending card for many other people they might not. YMMV as always. Goodluck
Old Aug 21, 2015, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by dfw_plt_aa
The first 6 digits of the phone number in the posted document are sufficient to identify the mall in question.
So be it. I deliberately didn't black out certain parts to show it was a DFW store if one wanted to do the investigation work. Somebody was going to eventually figure out the store even if I blacked out the phone number and supervisor first name.

Funny how I'm getting attacked for posting something helpful....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.