Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by milesman99
Hi,

I'm a newbie, I would like to know if I can use amex gift cards with my name on it to purchase simon VGCs....
the next best thing is to pay cash that way the fee is only $2.95 per GC, saving a $1 which will add up very fast and with the savings you can purchase a rev tkt or hotel stay

Beats me why no one ever mentioned Amex in the Wiki or this thread before this
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by craz
the next best thing is to pay cash that way the fee is only $2.95 per GC, saving a $1 which will add up very fast and with the savings you can purchase a rev tkt or hotel stay

Beats me why no one ever mentioned Amex in the Wiki or this thread before this
LOL. Don't you also suggest he/she sign up for a corporate account so they can get $1k/card and liquidate immediately once received?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
LOL. Don't you also suggest he/she sign up for a corporate account so they can get $1k/card and liquidate immediately once received?
nay dont think you can pay with ca$h if you have a corp acct and if you lose 1 of those GCs theres goes $1k, at least with the consumer cards youre only out $500

Good thing a newbe comes along every so often, we get to think about new ways to play the system

Last edited by craz; Aug 16, 2015 at 6:22 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Chelski
You should ask for a cash refund if you used the card as debit for the original transaction.
It's an online bill payment service. It would be very weird if I were even able to get a cash refund.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 10:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Pointsloop
I'm pretty friendly with the suburb Atlanta area Simons customer service department. While waiting for my cards the manager told me that recently a woman bought $9500 and then tried to dispute the charge with her credit card. She did this two times!

Besides having her signature she didn't know that there was video footage of her buying the cards.

I hope they bring her up on charges for crap like this.
It's people like this that ruin it for the rest of us! I had a grocery store turn me down b/c the manager claimed that people could do this. I never once thought the say back but don't you have my signature and cameras to prove it.

Anyways, please see if you can get more details in the future about this story. I'm curious how it turns out in the end.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by Lucky888
If she balks, your next step really depends on whether you plan to try AGC here in the future.
Silly newbs....

Old Aug 14, 2015, 5:12 pm

I don't use SM, but why are they so anti-AGC? That is a very detailed instruction and they are serious enough to make the employees initial it.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by canyoncar
I don't use SM, but why are they so anti-AGC? That is a very detailed instruction and they are serious enough to make the employees initial it.
Duh, why is ANY store anti-AGC? If it was that easy we all would be making more money by guying AGCs when they are on sale, plus portal, plus CC points etc and get whatever VGC we want at any store.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 7:32 pm

OK. Who was in front of me at Penn Square today buying $9,500 with SPG?
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:44 pm

Originally Posted by craz
Beats me why no one ever mentioned Amex in the Wiki
Um ... maybe because this thread has no wiki? Just a thought
Old Aug 14, 2015, 8:55 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:36 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:03 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:37 pm
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Duh, why is ANY store anti-AGC? If it was that easy we all would be making more money by guying AGCs when they are on sale, plus portal, plus CC points etc and get whatever VGC we want at any store.
At least AGCs are legit, unlike stolen credit cards that the stores get screwed on and ruins it for everybody.

For Simon specifically, they are anti-AGC because it violates the terms of their licensing agreement with AMEX.
Makes sense. Thanks.
Old Aug 14, 2015, 9:23 pm

Originally Posted by canyoncar
At least AGCs are legit, unlike stolen credit cards that the stores get screwed on and ruins it for everybody.

Makes sense. Thanks.
There are non-personalized AGCs out there.
Old Aug 15, 2015, 12:34 am

Cool story bro? You aren't the only one with pictures of memos in their possession. I have the entire guest services manual related to gift card sales and the last few major corporate memos over the past year. Have a little more tact than to post this on a public forum that is monitored by their corporate office. Do you think corporate would appreciate some local Dallas store manager allowing an internal memo to be circulated publicly?.....
LOL. To use your vernacular: "You mad, bro?" You got called out for implying AGC works at Simon, when its strictly against company policy. And then you had to act like a big-shot newb claiming to have the corporate manual when frankly we hate to break it to you: no one cares when all that info is in this thread. And I'm really quaking in my boots that Simon corporate is monitoring this thread and is "up in arms" about a memo stating their policy..... Welcome to the MS forum as you must be new. People post pics of drug and grocery store policies all the time when provided of policy changes....

To put the conversation back on track, will AGC work if the CSR is oblivious to the policy? Of course. Just like the WM employee that doesn't enforce WM corporate's $3k MO/BP write-up mandate, things can be circumvented. To tell new people (without joking sarcasm) that they can AGC at Simon is dishonest. Using AGCs is one way to get put on the bad list like those two on the memo....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.