Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by CBDTREE
Less swipes and bigger profits are my preferred method. And there are ways to unload at home. You don't always have to go to wally
I wonder how many PM you will get after ppl start readying this I would be one of them, but I'll try to restrain myself.
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
went to a mall today and was told by the CSR that a guys comes here and always buy 10K and if you will be buying regularly then they can have the form pre-filled and all I would have to do is just sign and I should be good to go.

Is there any repercussions on sighing the form when purchase is over 3K? any ling term consequences? Do you guys stay under 3K or make the most out of the trip and go with 10K? anything I should watch out for?
Old Jan 16, 2015, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by sfkhan
went to a mall today and was told by the CSR that a guys comes here and always buy 10K and if you will be buying regularly then they can have the form pre-filled and all I would have to do is just sign and I should be good to go.

Is there any repercussions on sighing the form when purchase is over 3K? any ling term consequences? Do you guys stay under 3K or make the most out of the trip and go with 10K? anything I should watch out for?
No problem or consequences in signing the form. I'd say you've got a great team of CSRs if they're willing to pre-fill the form for you.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:00 pm

To the guy buying $10k everyday in DFW with multiple Citi Double Cash Back cards: You're doing it wrong. (found this out as CSR told me without being prompted).
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:31 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
To the guy buying $10k everyday in DFW with multiple Citi Double Cash Back cards: You're doing it wrong. (found this out as CSR told me without being prompted).
Curious what the issue is? [not me]
Old Jan 20, 2015, 2:51 pm

Measley 1.1% return (not taking into account gas and time of 30+ trips to Simon/month). There are CCs with much better %'s (granted they shouldn't be used at Simon)......
Old Jan 20, 2015, 3:29 pm

And to assume what is best for you is best for him is (also) wrong.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 4:34 pm

My first getting called out on a board for MS'ing! Today is a noteworthy day for that alone.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by Frindle
And to assume what is best for you is best for him is (also) wrong.
Informing someone they can get an additional 2.8% or cut their MS time by 2/3 by utilizing a different MS route is wrong? Get off the high horse.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:23 pm

Hey - if there's a 5% cash back card that works at Simon at a 3.95 liquidation cost with cards that are WMBP'able, I'd love to learn! (I am the DFW guy at the Simon @ 10k a day, BTW!)
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen
My first getting called out on a board for MS'ing! Today is a noteworthy day for that alone.
Not a callout. That would be if I complained/whined about you hitting Simon so hard and jeopardizing BH shutting down Simon GCs for everyone. I say to each their own! One person isn't going to shut down the whole thing.

Just saying you can utilize some other routes if you so desire cash back.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 5:40 pm

Informing someone they can get an additional 2.8% or cut their MS time by 2/3 by utilizing a different MS route is wrong? Get off the high horse.
It's called diversification. How do you know he's not using a 5% CB card elsewhere and he's not putting all his eggs in one basket to avoid another issue like many had with OBC. Don't assume $10k is all he is doing.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 6:23 pm

It's called diversification. How do you know he's not using a 5% CB card elsewhere and he's not putting all his eggs in one basket to avoid another issue like many had with OBC. Don't assume $10k is all he is doing.
Yep - this is just one avenue. This segment of it only takes about 90 minutes, and if I am successful 30 days a month, you can do the math.

They may have changed their tune, but they've commented they know what's going on and welcome it - and go out of their way to accommodate me. Helps with their numbers.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:00 pm

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
Only bought two at $500, and it couldn't have been a more pleasant experience. Not a word about which card, only wanted to know if I was paying with cash so they could tell me about a discount for cash payments (also probly worth knowing). And gave me mints. Simon is my go to, for now.
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:39 am

Did I say he was only using that route? Read again. I was making a suggestion. And perhaps the CSR divulged wayyyyy too much info about that MS'ers personal situation (which I'm not going to divulge)?

MSer's for a long time have known the Simon route is better for minimum spend and certain reward cards. It's never been a good avenue for cash back. A MS'er could spend 1/3 the time spent at Simon using another route to get the same amount of cash (which I was saying that you failed to comprehend).

Originally Posted by horseymen
Yep - this is just one avenue. This segment of it only takes about 90 minutes, and if I am successful 30 days a month, you can do the math.
It takes Simon reps almost 5 minutes per $10k purchase for me, so I don't know how you are getting only 90 minutes a month. This time includes reviewing the information on the form, entering something in computer, swiping my credit card, swiping 19-20 gift cards, and printing/verifying receipt. And that doesn't include drive time to Simon or waiting in line.

And the CSR said this person liquidates at the #1 MS liquidation store. Add that drive time and the fact it takes 2 minutes minimum per $1k to liquidate (not including time having to wait for register or that pesky machine that starts with "K" to clear), you're easily way over 10 hours, maybe much more. To each their own on how they spend their time, but its taking you much more than 90 minutes/month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.