FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)
View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:39 am
MileageGoblin

Originally Posted by Frindle
It's called diversification. How do you know he's not using a 5% CB card elsewhere and he's not putting all his eggs in one basket to avoid another issue like many had with OBC. Don't assume $10k is all he is doing.
Did I say he was only using that route? Read again. I was making a suggestion. And perhaps the CSR divulged wayyyyy too much info about that MS'ers personal situation (which I'm not going to divulge)?

MSer's for a long time have known the Simon route is better for minimum spend and certain reward cards. It's never been a good avenue for cash back. A MS'er could spend 1/3 the time spent at Simon using another route to get the same amount of cash (which I was saying that you failed to comprehend).

Originally Posted by horseymen
Yep - this is just one avenue. This segment of it only takes about 90 minutes, and if I am successful 30 days a month, you can do the math.
It takes Simon reps almost 5 minutes per $10k purchase for me, so I don't know how you are getting only 90 minutes a month. This time includes reviewing the information on the form, entering something in computer, swiping my credit card, swiping 19-20 gift cards, and printing/verifying receipt. And that doesn't include drive time to Simon or waiting in line.

And the CSR said this person liquidates at the #1 MS liquidation store. Add that drive time and the fact it takes 2 minutes minimum per $1k to liquidate (not including time having to wait for register or that pesky machine that starts with "K" to clear), you're easily way over 10 hours, maybe much more. To each their own on how they spend their time, but its taking you much more than 90 minutes/month.