Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2014, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
lol about 109K month to date?
haha, we're not worthy! We're not worthy! well done!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 3:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
lol about 109K month to date?
When I deposit these MOs, it will be $127K for the month.
Old Nov 25, 2014, 8:24 am

I bought 2.5k yesterday and there was no mention of a 2k a day limit. Sucks about the price increase though.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 12:58 pm

Yup. Bought 2.5k. 3.95 per card. And I asked about filling out a form so I could buy more. He said that a manager will have to approve it. M - f 9-5. I didn't know you have to fill out the form everytime and get it approved. I have a feeling it is going to be like Vons when they said, "sorry we cannot sell you anymore gc"
Old Nov 27, 2014, 5:42 pm

Do they still sell 1k business ones for $3-4?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:07 am

Programs: AA CK
Wanted to share some data point from this past weekend.

I hit two Simon malls in the past 3 days. First one allowed $2500 ($500 ea) purchase, but asked me to fill out the consumer info form. Second mall actually refused to take my US Airways MC, stated that the manager no longer allows "reward cards" purchases. They were okay taking Amex Everyday Preferred or Ink Plus.. which doesn't show "miles" or "points" on the card. I didn't argue or push the issue.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I picked up 19 Simon GCs on my way to Milwaukee yesterday. Everything was the same except for the price. I used 4 CCs to pay for them with no problem.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 4:36 pm

Picked up 12 cards (6k) today at my local SoCal SM as the customer service reps could only do 3k each. They also had to call some service to verify my card was in good standing & had me fill out the form.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 6:11 pm

bought my 10k at 1k a card for my business account and no issues at all
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:34 pm

Anyone has done this?
Buy AmEx GC at cvs (0 cost this week) using Old AmEx blue cash for 5pts and use the AmEx GCs at Simon mall which can be used for MO or BP at wmt.?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by prasha11
Anyone has done this?
Buy AmEx GC at cvs (0 cost this week) using Old AmEx blue cash for 5pts and use the AmEx GCs at Simon mall which can be used for MO or BP at wmt.?
Very YMMV. I personally have not been allowed to use AMEX gift cards here (even when my name has been printed on the card). Others have had luck.

If you want to try it, be prepared to have a secondary method that you find acceptable to unload the card.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Very YMMV. I personally have not been allowed to use AMEX gift cards here (even when my name has been printed on the card). Others have had luck.

If you want to try it, be prepared to have a secondary method that you find acceptable to unload the card.
Do you mean Simon mall may not accept the Amex GC? Can u get Amex GCs with your name on it?
Secondary method to down load the amex GCs is to use at the grocery store or CVS to buy visa GCs, back to square one for no gain no loss round trip.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 9:56 pm
Suspended

Do you mean Simon mall may not accept the Amex GC? Can u get Amex GCs with your name on it?
Secondary method to down load the amex GCs is to use at the grocery store or CVS to buy visa GCs, back to square one for no gain no loss round trip.
Have you read -any- of this thread?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Most Simon Malls don't accept AmEx gift cards, but a few will. It's definitely YMMV.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by sandie511
I can honestly say I have read 40+ hours on MS and it does get confusing...I'll be reading one page and it talks about such and such so I open another page and start reading there, then find more info on yet another page, before long I have over 10 pages/tabs open in flyer talk taking me in all different directions and find out after reading months of info, that procedure does not work any longer, so close that page out and continue...one has to remember those that have been doing this for years know all the ins and outs and when they learned it was not as difficult to get the concept as there were not as many road blocks, thus when new info arrives they have to process just that new info...while the newbie's have to process all the info and so much of it is old, and it sure makes it mystifying on what is going on at the moment...

For instance, you just posted there is an entire thread using pinable prepaid debit cards, I put a number of different options to search that... i.e, pinable card, prepaid cards, pinable debit cards, etc and came up with 7 different threads...not in the mood to figure which one 'might' be the correct thread...as I have searched for the right threads for weeks now...Thanks for the feedback tho...take care
In case you didn't notice, there are some real jerks in here, who think they are oh-so-smart simply because they discovered this forum before you.

Some of them *might* realize that they are too clever by a half when they get a letter from the IRS, or worse, their bank gets a civil forfeiture order from an LE agency.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.