Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:59 pm

Other than Simon and Macerich, are there other chain malls that sell Visa GC?
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
My Walmart MO issue:
I set a PIN over the phone. Went to a local WM, and asked for a 1k MO. She punched in the info on her computer, and told me to swipe card. I swiped, it asked if cash back, which I replied "no," then asked for PIN. I entered PIN, and after a few seconds, it told me the card was not valid for that transaction (or some verbage close to that). We repeated the process with same results.
I then went down the road to my other local WM, and had same results as above.
Go take a look at the WM MO thread or WM bill pay. You will figure out what happened over there. There might even be a wiki.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 1:24 pm

I'll bet that split tender wasn't requested. Don't just assume that the card will automatically drain.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Phantom707
I'll bet that split tender wasn't requested. Don't just assume that the card will automatically drain.
Cards automatically drain when run as credit, and you'd never run cards at WM as credit.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:13 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:20 pm
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:51 am

Originally Posted by Lucky888
The CSR is completely irrelevant. Just call during business hours and ask to speak to the Marketing Manager for the property and tell her that you have purchased there before and would like to purchase $10k next time you come in. Simon is happy to sell these; some malls are just paranoid when it comes to fraud to the point of completely ignoring corporate policy. Speaking with the marketing manager will usually alleviate their paranoia. Try it and let us know how it goes.
Thanks Lucky, that's great help.

Do you put the full 10k on one card? I have a new Chase Ink+ and was reading in the Chase section (see cdancer, I really do read) that people are getting their accounts shut down. I have almost 150k UR points, and it would be devastating to lose it. I'm just a bit apprehensive starting so big so soon.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 5:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
Thanks Lucky, that's great help.

Do you put the full 10k on one card? I have a new Chase Ink+ and was reading in the Chase section (see cdancer, I really do read) that people are getting their accounts shut down. I have almost 150k UR points, and it would be devastating to lose it. I'm just a bit apprehensive starting so big so soon.
In all honesty you SHOULD be OK doing the whole 10k as long as its not in a bonus category.. IIRC Simon is not so I doubt they will care. That being said I still wouldn't MS Simon with Chase cards.. Not my cup of tea.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 9:43 am

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:20 pm
Old Aug 26, 2015, 8:21 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold
Christened New Employee

Walked into my local SM today to pick up some GCs. Normally a pretty smooth process as I know the girl working in there. Today 2 ladies come out (neither that I recognize) and the one says she is training the other. I think to myself "Oh boy" here we go. Couldn't have been a better process. After the one lady showed her how to do it, I jokingly walked her though the next several saying she would be a pro. Took a while to get through all the cards, but I kept it lively and had everyone laughing. Afterwards, they actually shook my hand for helping train her . Overall a good time.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:16 am

Originally Posted by crazy_p.o.w.
Walked into my local SM today to pick up some GCs. Normally a pretty smooth process as I know the girl working in there. Today 2 ladies come out (neither that I recognize) and the one says she is training the other. I think to myself "Oh boy" here we go. Couldn't have been a better process. After the one lady showed her how to do it, I jokingly walked her though the next several saying she would be a pro. Took a while to get through all the cards, but I kept it lively and had everyone laughing. Afterwards, they actually shook my hand for helping train her . Overall a good time.
Now milk that slowly over time
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:40 am

Has anyone encountered the "Contact card issuer" error at Target/WM?

It seems to me that when you receive this error, you will not be able to process ANY debit transactions anywhere. There is something wrong with the account. The money is still there, the card / pin just won't authorize.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 9:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by macrophage
Has anyone encountered the "Contact card issuer" error at Target/WM?

It seems to me that when you receive this error, you will not be able to process ANY debit transactions anywhere. There is something wrong with the account. The money is still there, the card / pin just won't authorize.
This is an error issue with Target. Had the same issue with Vanilla & Staples CG, frustrating. Try again in a day or two and they should work.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by kenme1
This is an error issue with Target. Had the same issue with Vanilla & Staples CG, frustrating. Try again in a day or two and they should work.
I've kept a card for over a month and it gave the same error at Target and also an error at Walmart. It's a card issue, and probably a network issue.

I called to get a card resent to me, but wanted to know the true root cause of this.
Old Aug 26, 2015, 7:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Gold
Originally Posted by CRNA
Now milk that slowly over time
You are 100% right about this. I will take it slow with this one. Good rapport with them and very friendly. Hopefully gonna make this my go to place for some time.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:01 am

Programs: AA plat, SPG gold
Simon mall gift card

Do all Simon malls sell gift cards?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.