Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by carlitos
Those have given me a hard time @ Kate and @MC when being loaded to Serve. Not as nice as the Kroguiland VGCs or the Aventura MCGCs.
Anyone else having trouble with loading Meta's onto Serve with Kate?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
delete

Last edited by MasterCharge; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by MasterCharge
you might want to visit myfico business forum, there is an excellent thread that will help you.
why don't you just post a tutorial in the wiki? this is the perfect time to bring as many fellow newbs into the fold as possible. with blackhawk and metabank stepping in for the previously silent partner USB, what could possibly go wrong? i'm not sure what you think the question is, but you certainly seem to think more clueless newbs with fake business accounts in the answer.

it's as if everyone posting on FT now is at their proverbial first rodeo.

note to those completely missing the point here with their 'metabank works great with kate' posts...

the issue isn't how the cards load. geesh. the issue is simon's new partners are, umm, proactive. be it fear of regulators, their AML requirements, etc, their history with the MS community is not filled with unicorns and rainbows.

still not sure what i said earlier that would elicit laughter from a purported simon employed princess rodent, but, as i said, when blackhawk's name is printed on the card (and IT IS, i already bought the new cards), nobody who has a clue in this hobby is laughing.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 4:43 pm

I indeed have a clue in this hobby and am laughing at how serious you take it. Relax and take a breath. Opportunities come and go. I was simply stating a data point about using Metabank cards because a previous poster said they had issues. For the good of the community, I wanted others to know I had no issues using them and they might have similar luck if they where to try.

To get upset, call out, roll your eyes, and ridicule MasterCharge for simply replying "you might want to visit myfico business forum, there is an excellent thread that will help you" is not in the spirit of FlyerTalk and shows your lack of maturity. If you where that concerned of the content, you could have PM him or an admin and simply asked for removal of the post. Although, there is no reason to do so as his reply stated information that could've been found via a simple Google search. He was not providing direct links or step by step directions. Your negative response only encourages others to not post information in the future.

I've been provided with great opportunities by both seasoned pros as well as newbs in this forum (which is what I guess you consider me with only 195 posts) so don't be so quick to write anyone off.

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
why don't you just post a tutorial in the wiki? this is the perfect time to bring as many fellow newbs into the fold as possible. with blackhawk and metabank stepping in for the previously silent partner USB, what could possibly go wrong? i'm not sure what you think the question is, but you certainly seem to think more clueless newbs with fake business accounts in the answer.

it's as if everyone posting on FT now is at their proverbial first rodeo.

note to those completely missing the point here with their 'metabank works great with kate' posts...

the issue isn't how the cards load. geesh. the issue is simon's new partners are, umm, proactive. be it fear of regulators, their AML requirements, etc, their history with the MS community is not filled with unicorns and rainbows.

still not sure what i said earlier that would elicit laughter from a purported simon employed princess rodent, but, as i said, when blackhawk's name is printed on the card (and IT IS, i already bought the new cards), nobody who has a clue in this hobby is laughing.

Last edited by Ctrix65513; Aug 26, 2014 at 6:28 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ctrix65513
I indeed have a clue in this hobby and am laughing at how serious you take it. Relax and take a breath. Opportunities come and go. I was simply stating a data point about using Metabank cards because a previous poster said they had issues. For the good of the community, I wanted others to know I had no issues using them and they might have similar luck if they where to try.

To get upset, call out, roll your eyes, and ridicule MasterCharge for simply replying "you might want to visit myfico business forum, there is an excellent thread that will help you" is not in the spirit of FlyerTalk and shows your lack of maturity. If you where that concerned of the content, you could have PM him or an admin and simply asked for removal of the post. Although, there is no reason to do so as his reply stated information that could've been found via a simple Google search. He was not providing direct links or step by step directions. Your negative response only encourages others to not post information in the future.

I've been provided with great opportunities by both seasons pros as well as newbs in this forum (which is what I guess you consider me with only 195 posts) so don't be so quick to write anyone off.

a. he didn't reply to you. a reply to you would have been via PM. ergo, he replied to the known universe.
b. it isn't the first time he has been saying more than a prudent and experienced hobbyist would say. his post is the reason for the the past many pages of this thread. he changed the post after there was a page of talk about it. ie: too late. i PM'd him before it took off.
c. yeah, they come and go. they don't need to go so quickly and, at a point of time in the past, they didn't. if this subject was handled like the 'trick it' thread we'd all be better off.
d. while others are hobbyists, this is integral to my lifestyle- i live in hotels, wherever deals, points and miles take me. so, yeah, i take it seriously.
e. it's kinda a mute point here. as i understand it, simon got nervous about the volume and that was a big part of the switch. the volume is from threads like this and mr circles and arrows who has yet to have an original MS thought of his own. so the damage was done when simon went with metabank/blackhawk. they don't play well with MS- if you don't understand that- read.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 7:51 pm

I went this afternoon and got the amount I needed of the USB ones to finish the spend on my business plat card from my local Simon. Not taking any chances with Blackhawk.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 8:40 pm

Programs: free agent
Anyone have issues with using AGCs to buy SMGC online? nearby SM reject prepaid AMEX cards, and i'm trying to milk $5k out of my card.

Will make a run tomorrow to pick up more SMGCs (i was able to get $500 - 2 last Fri, 4 last Sun).
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:23 pm

Programs: AA, AGR, DL, MR, WoH, UA
Originally Posted by carlitos
Question: why is it in the Simon Mall Website?
Simon Property Group is a minority owner in the mall, but, as far as I can tell, has little to nothing to do with the management.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Putt86
Anyone have issues with using AGCs to buy SMGC online? nearby SM reject prepaid AMEX cards, and i'm trying to milk $5k out of my card.

Will make a run tomorrow to pick up more SMGCs (i was able to get $500 - 2 last Fri, 4 last Sun).
I haven't been able to successfully place an order for SMGC online using AGC. I've registered my cards with AmEx but haven't gotten any to be accepted. Never had a problem buying through GCM, although that's now shutdown as an avenue for AGCs as well.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 7:27 am

Originally Posted by dboston1
I haven't been able to successfully place an order for SMGC online using AGC. I've registered my cards with AmEx but haven't gotten any to be accepted. Never had a problem buying through GCM, although that's now shutdown as an avenue for AGCs as well.
If Blackhawk is now processing Simon's online gift cards then they may be the reason.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:11 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
delete

Last edited by MasterCharge; Sep 2, 2014 at 7:53 pm
Old Aug 27, 2014, 2:42 pm

I have yet to use any Meta/Blackhawk processed debit cards. I take it from reading this that they will be pin enabled and work for loading BB/MO's? Does Blackhawk just black list your Corp Tax-ID so you are unable to purchase more after unloading some directly to BB/MO?
Old Aug 27, 2014, 8:26 pm

Programs: Too many to list
And there you have it. brand new interface with all cards crapping out "Car number not on file". Someone in India is working overtime tonight

https://www.simon.com/giftcard/
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:06 am

Can we just get back on topic.

I know most malls aren't open, but if anyone gets one of the new cards this morning can they please post their experience.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 6:16 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Obviously, nothing new to share about Simon. I do know some areas are experiencing tightening for ms'ers and that's not good. Wish I had a relative working at Simon. Would love to walk in and buy 40 cards without hassel, but in some areas that would get ms'ers shutdown. I know, I did it to my area when everything seemed to be going well, so I thought, and I got more than anyone else (didn't realize until later) and that brought attention which then caused problems for everyone. I learned a great lesson. Glad it's not like that everywhere yet.

Last edited by tcook052; Aug 28, 2014 at 8:42 am Reason: content

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.