Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold, Marriott Silver, Choice Privileges Gold, National Exec
Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
2 of the new VGCs were loaded fine after calling in to set pin. The call n number has changed, and the menu prompts.

Would love to know if calling in to set pin is optional.
Took 5 of the new SGCs to WM today to load to BB. I was able to load all of them successfully using the last 4 digits of the card, just like the package they come in states. So if you don't mind using the last 4 digits of your cards, it looks like there is no need to change your PIN ahead of time anymore.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Took 5 of the new SGCs to WM today to load to BB. I was able to load all of them successfully using the last 4 digits of the card, just like the package they come in states. So if you don't mind using the last 4 digits of your cards, it looks like there is no need to change your PIN ahead of time anymore.
Good to know! Read the fine print, but it didn't mention that the pin was the last 4 digit.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by kingrat
God I love you guys... In reference to paperwork - if you are afraid if your name being written down then you need to find a new hobby and bought 3 k - Fri - Sat - sun and today and no problems.
this is why you and i do not get along. the fact that many many newbs read this thread and, seeing posts like yours, they try to emulate your 'success'. somehow, inexplicably, you're unable to comprehend that tempting/guiding newbs to 3k/day every day is reckless. be thankful Les Grossman is not the mod for FT MS. i'm pretty sure this is how he'd handle reckless posts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bpq8PHcAb6Y

you fail to consider consequences. those of us who actually know what we're doing and have been doing it for many years don't make posts like the one quoted above, because we know better. the more people hitting something hard (3k/day every day= 90k/month= hard- yes?), the shorter its shelf life. even super friendly malls will reach a point where someone higher up notices and they get nervous. do you doubt this (if so, you're either incredibly stubborn or stupid)? now with metabank and BH on board, it's 3 sets of eyes.

further, not all malls are the same. because you can do 3k/day (for the time being), doesn't translate nationwide. not everyone has their daughter in mgmt with simon.

but mock away. everything works and is unicorns and rainbows- well, until it doesn't. ignoring all past knowledge related to, now dead, previous good deals, and doing the same things that killed them is kinda silly, don'tcha think. (rhetorical)
Old Sep 1, 2014, 5:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Nevafazeme
Successfully loaded SMGC today at Kate. It was one of the new ones. I did reset the pin for my own peace of mind, but thanks for the tip re last 4 digits. I did not know that.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 6:48 pm

Deleted

Last edited by kingrat; Sep 2, 2014 at 5:23 am
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Serious question: why is it important to you how you use Simon? Do you feel that meeting min spend is different than just buying/generating points?
I was just commenting that I don't use them to MS.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 7:44 pm

if I'm on someone's ignore list, how can they be harassed by me? If a tree falls in the woods... oh, btw, anyone who views a post with a Les Grossman clip as harassment has no sense off humor. I digress. hopefully that means kimgrat won't be able to send me any more PM's.

as for whether posting about doing 3k every day at Simon is helpful or hurtful to the sustainability of MS at Simon, I doubt I'd find many veterans at this who would view it as a positive. the PM's I've received support this view.
Old Sep 1, 2014, 8:00 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
it pains me to read this...i'll just say this, boldness and arrogance are not the same.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 5:24 am

Shucks, Darn, You are right. I will limit myself to buying one card a week and pay cash. That is the safest way to go.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Most of us don't have a daughter who works in a Simon office like Kingrat, so we should all try to understand that he obviously has a better opportunity at buying so much like he does. So, my friendly advice to any new at this and encouraged that they too can walk in a purchase xxxx amount each day, if you don't have someone inside looking out for you then be smart and don't buy everyday. The malls do have lists of people they will no longer sell to. You don't want to become one of them.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:21 am

Bought 4 of the new SMGCs this weekend and tried to load them to Serve at FD and they were hard coded against it. Then used a One Vanilla right afterwards and it worked perfectly as usual. Ended up being able to get a money order from one of them and will likely unload the others in the same way over the next week or two. But too bad it wouldn't work at FD, that is my go-to for gift cards
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:27 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
Most of us don't have a daughter who works in a Simon office like Kingrat, so we should all try to understand that he obviously has a better opportunity at buying so much like he does. So, my friendly advice to any new at this and encouraged that they too can walk in a purchase xxxx amount each day, if you don't have someone inside looking out for you then be smart and don't buy everyday. The malls do have lists of people they will no longer sell to. You don't want to become one of them.
Well while it helps I still get my ID reviewed and still need to do paperwork - no exceptions.

As being a big spender - she can name 20 people who spend triple of what I do - so while yelling at me is good - it wont stop people that go crazy. As options go down the abuse will go up. Most of my spend still goes to Vanillas that I can buy with CC - as for where I will never say as it will get killed instantly.
Old Sep 2, 2014, 9:33 am

Are you using a Corp Account to buy the 1k/load versions King? Is there any limit to how many of them you can buy daily with a Corp account?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:04 am

Any luck using the SGC to purchase MO's at USPS?
Old Sep 2, 2014, 10:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Churnman
Isn't that "insider information" from the dear daughter who laughed about the data points posted on changes of issuing bank and card design has proven Completely Wrong? So, either there is no such "insider" even exists, or the "insider" does not even have the needed knowledge? The series of the posts on the issuing bank / procedure / card design are rather bizarre when you think about the "daughter" bit and how others being ridiculed because someone said he had access to the Simon management and it wasn't the case - Yet, now everyone has seen what has turned out - EXACTLY as the first poster posted about the imminent change with physical card in hand - and that first poster was being ridiculed - not any different than when the first poster encountered the issue of OV no longer worked at WM to buy MO, and he was ridiculed to no end...

Welcome to the Internet! One needs to learn how to shift real data points from garbage - that is the prerequisite in reading anything on any public forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.