Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:13 am

did the cashiers search for MC/Visa or is that an option on the home screen (shortcuts)?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:14 am
xp0

Originally Posted by michael160
Probably true. They may just be consolidating their list of payment options. It seems like people are reporting "MC/Visa" is appearing and has worked for both MC and Visa payments. This may be the evolving option for MC or Visa payments and the choices for Chase, FIA, etc all go away.
Some consolidation maybe, but many stores do not have the MC/Visa option that these changes are happening in. Times are changing. If you still have BP options available, be happy. Also if your stores still have these options it just means you were hitting them hard enough.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:17 am

I don't think this problem is related to WMT. Yesterday CFBP at Kmart did not work either.

Originally Posted by xp0
If your stores are still working (visa, mastercard, etc etc) then the update was not applied to your stores from CFBP. WMT corporate only requested specific stores to have the update rolled out to.

This is not an "error" or "glitch".
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:23 am
xp0

Originally Posted by adminds
I don't think this problem is related to WMT. Yesterday CFBP at Kmart did not work either.
Maybe they did it wrong or the system was down or something. Kmart is unaffected by this change/update.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:26 am

What did you DEAL KILLERS break this time?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:04 am

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
What did you DEAL KILLERS break this time?
LOL IRL
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:10 am

Paid A+ via the "Mastercard" option yesterday no problem. Went in today and the option wasn't there. Another CS rep chimed in that she still had the regular Mastercard option but she went in to pull it up and it wasn't there for her anymore.

I asked if they could find "Visa" and it also wasn't there.

Hoping this is just a temporary glitch. If not, for those that are reporting "MC/Visa" is working, do you just ask your rep to type that search in (ie, abbreviated just like that)?

Thanks.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 12:57 pm

Yesterday we tried several times at Kmart, but CFBP did not go through. First, the CSR claimed he could not find the "MasterCard" option, then I let him try "Visa" and it was there. I asked him to search "MasterCard" again and he found it.

Then everything was fine until the last step before I swiped my debit card. It gave him some error like "payment not available".

From what I read above, I had similar problem as those tried at WMT. That's why I don't think this was due to some change/update by WMT.

Originally Posted by xp0
Maybe they did it wrong or the system was down or something. Kmart is unaffected by this change/update.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by xp0
Some consolidation maybe, but many stores do not have the MC/Visa option that these changes are happening in. Times are changing. If you still have BP options available, be happy. Also if your stores still have these options it just means you were hitting them hard enough.
How to explain when BofA Consumer Loan Services showed up but CSR could not put it thru, while Visa worked?

Are you saying the updates to the system is on a multiple steps?

CFBP was very sick yesterday that even on BofA's own bill pay site it was not working. It finally was fixed this morning that payment screen could be accessed and payment initiated.

Can't believe CFBP would do away its retailer partner(s) and only handles payments directly from banks' own websites. This would eliminate a big chunk of revenue as most banks bill pay services are free to account holders and I am sure the banks do not pay CFBP $1.88 for each payment the banks process.

If WMT no longer takes payments for Visa / MC, then they will only handle utilities and cell phone bills?

Last edited by Happy; Dec 5, 2014 at 2:18 pm
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:46 pm
xp0

I dont know ... but I spoke to CFBP and that is what they told me. When I called, the CS agent seemed to know what I was talking about after I gave her some information. She was able to use my WMT Store # and verify that the update went to that store. She rattled off billers that where part of this update that I knew dont work but didnt even ask about.

I am only going off what I was told, but it seemed legit when she was saying it. She also said it didnt affect KM or other stores and was just walmart. Maybe during this system update it affected all these places?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:27 pm

Anyone try having the rep search for "Chase" (not bestbuy-chase)? Maybe if the generic options are gone, we now have to use the specific bank name?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:06 pm

Hope that your bank likes Money Orders. this is dead
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
Hope that your bank likes Money Orders. this is dead
My local store won't let me use gift cards at the service desk (I can load onto BB at the cashiers), so I use my Suntrust Skymiles debt card for BP. Of all the MS I've ever done, this is the most annoying: long, slow lines and ignorant cashiers. All for what -- the opportunity to earn SkyPesos! Since I'm in the store anyway to load gift cards to BB, I do it when the lines aren't too long (I figure 2000 Skymiles for a $2000 bill pay are worth about $20 after paying the fee). But I don't think I'll be shedding any tears if I don't have to wait on those service desk lines any more.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:12 pm
xp0

Correct ... this was a YMMV depending how well your WMT liked to play. For those of us that could do 1mil+ a month at our local WMTs .... this hurt
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:35 pm

No visa/master card for me. Discover is still there.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.