Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:06 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by makinbutter
Dude.....seriously
lol i guest you don't know this is how MM is.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:07 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by kyunbit
Is billpay at kroger dead too?
Yes!, they use CheckFreePay as well.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
If BP is dead and RB continues to accept cc, then I'm done with WM. No point in continuing with BB even at that point. Just switch everything over to RB.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat Hilton Diamond Marriott Diamond Hyatt Diamond
Not Dead

Was able to successfully billpay MC, Visa, Discover and B of A consumer loans yesterday and the one I tried this morning.

Tried at three of my local walmarts, all working as if there was no update. Perhaps the update is only to a select list of stores?

So - check your local store, they may not have been affected - and change the WIKI indicating this is dead.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 3:56 pm

Originally Posted by martig4
Was able to successfully billpay MC, Visa, Discover and B of A consumer loans yesterday and the one I tried this morning.

Tried at three of my local walmarts, all working as if there was no update. Perhaps the update is only to a select list of stores?

So - check your local store, they may not have been affected - and change the WIKI indicating this is dead.
Looks like another example that east coast gets updated sooner than west coast.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:12 pm

well, someone put it in bold type in the wiki and worded it as definitive. so, i guess, it must be true. move along, nothing to see here.

ummm... ok.
Old Dec 8, 2014, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
well, someone put it in bold type in the wiki and worded it as definitive. so, i guess, it must be true. move along, nothing to see here.

ummm... ok.
It mystifies me that so many here seem eager to claim the sky is falling. Maybe it's just a need to seem authoritative, though. Either way it's odd.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by shel
Looks like another example that east coast gets updated sooner than west coast.
There have been temporary glitches with WM BP, but only for a year or so now.

It has kept coming back, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a day, sometimes after a week. And always a few places where it doesn't work, even when it does work many other places.

Why people conclude that it not working once, and maybe only in a few places at that, means it's all over forever, totally mystifies me.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Brugge

It has kept coming back, sometimes after a few hours, sometimes after a day, sometimes after a week. And always a few places where it doesn't work, even when it does work many other places.

Why people conclude that it not working once, and maybe only in a few places at that, means it's all over forever, totally mystifies me.
Kind of reminds me of the people who predict the end of the world based on "calculations" and then disappear when it doesnt happen or say "oh, I ummm messed up the math and its now this new date!" lol.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
Kind of reminds me of the people who predict the end of the world based on "calculations" and then disappear when it doesnt happen or say "oh, I ummm messed up the math and its now this new date!" lol.
Glad somebody re-edited the wiki to reflect the current ambiguity. With no definitive story, I guess I'll have to try my Walmart and see what happens. I was trying to avoid that because I have a bad store and there's usually enough confusion to begin with, but I guess if she "finds it," I'm still good.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by Brugge

u are mystified and confused just because only 1 post says 'not dead' ?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
Kinda like the lone dissenter on climate change. Some people are willing to ignore the fact that the other 99.9% of the scientists have come to one conclusion based on mountains of evidence because one shill has been paid to paint a rosy picture for the oil companies, because as long as there's that one guy saying something different, it's "inconclusive".
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
I havent done bp at wm since the reports, but I did ask my friends that do, and they have all said its still working for them, sooooo yea..... Also, I feel there is more than one poster that said it worked. Like the 5 posters below:

Originally Posted by martig4

Originally Posted by jktraveler
Went to 5 different WMs today and at all, but one, I was able to make payments through CFP. Made several payments at each WM and got rid of all my GCs. At one WM CFP payments towards credit cards were no longer available. So this change is either temporary, selective at some stores or change in progress which will eventually be implemented nationwide. Buying GCs with the plan to pay credit card bills should probably be avoided (at least for now).
Originally Posted by givingitatry
I paid a Mastercard Friday at a WM 500 miles from home. I paid a visa card today at my local WM. Maybe it was localized or system issues.
Originally Posted by danpeake
Went to a different WM this morning and it was working there. Will have to try the first Walmart where I was having problems when I'm there next week.

Anyone go to one that wasn't working a retest today?
Originally Posted by jiffyjiff
Have NOT had it not work (didn't try y'day), but business as usual with a MC payment this am.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:24 am

So bill pay works especially on the East Coast? I'm on the West Coast, the bill pay didn't work for me only for 3 days. Now it's working again at all my 4 go to WMs. May I edit wiki?
Old Dec 9, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by hamokmonky
I havent done bp at wm since the reports, but I did ask my friends that do, and they have all said its still working for them, sooooo yea..... Also, I feel there is more than one poster that said it worked. Like the 5 posters below:
Hey, don't confuse him with the facts, his mind is made up. If 20 people says it's still working, and one person says it's not, then clearly it isn't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.