Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2013, 12:04 am
Original Poster

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

I have always seen the bill payment service listed on the WM Money Center board, but never thought much of it.

I recently used one of the chase no fee gcs to pay off my Amex CC at WM Money Center for $1.5 fee. However, when I tried paying off my Chase CC it did not go through. Amex CC is listed as one of the vendors in their system; however they couldn't find anything similar for Chase.

When the manager searched for Chase he saw student loans, chase card services, mortgage, equity, consumer loan. I had them try both the Chase Card services as well as the Consumer loan and use my credit card number as the account number; however, both the times the system rejected my account number.

Has anyone paid their Chase credit card at Walmart?
Old May 31, 2013, 3:21 am
jk2

Originally Posted by aegt123
I have always seen the bill payment service listed on the WM Money Center board, but never thought much of it.

I recently used one of the chase no fee gcs to pay off my Amex CC at WM Money Center for $1.5 fee. However, when I tried paying off my Chase CC it did not go through. Amex CC is listed as one of the vendors in their system; however they couldn't find anything similar for Chase.

When the manager searched for Chase he saw student loans, chase card services, mortgage, equity, consumer loan. I had them try both the Chase Card services as well as the Consumer loan and use my credit card number as the account number; however, both the times the system rejected my account number.

Has anyone paid their Chase credit card at Walmart?
Yes. Ask them to search for "Best Buy Chase". Payment posted on my Chase CC account in 3 days.

BTW, this is mainly thanks to FT's member Corridor, who discovered it.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:52 am

Originally Posted by jk2
Yes. Ask them to search for "Best Buy Chase". Payment posted on my Chase CC account in 3 days.

Which payment network are you talking about? WM Money Center has 2 networks for BillPay.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jk2

Awesome info. Thanks. I do remember them reading out Best Buy Chase.

Originally Posted by vagrants
Which payment network are you talking about? WM Money Center has 2 networks for BillPay.
I am not sure how many do they have. I just went up to the cashier at the Money Center. Can you elaborate more on the 2 networks.
Old May 31, 2013, 8:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jk2

Do you remember how much you were charged for the service?
Old May 31, 2013, 10:42 am
jk2

Do you remember how much you were charged for the service?
$1 - 3 days. you can pay $1.50 for next day delivery.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jk2
$1 - 3 days. you can pay $1.50 for next day delivery.
$1.5 is what I had paid too for my Amex Card.
Old May 31, 2013, 12:50 pm

$1.5 is what I had paid too for my Amex Card.
Did you use the blue moneygram form? If yes, then what was the receive code that you used?
Old May 31, 2013, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by huntdealz123
Did you use the blue moneygram form? If yes, then what was the receive code that you used?
Don't use the money gram form. That costs more.

If you are going to pay your Chase bill, make sure you have the paper bill. There is info on the bill they will need. This is unlike Amex, where all you need is your cc.
Old May 31, 2013, 3:25 pm

I used to get charged $1.88 for Visa BP.
Why the difference now?
Old May 31, 2013, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KYBOSH
I used to get charged $1.88 for Visa BP.
Why the difference now?
The WM Moneycenter board still shows 1.88 for next day. I am not going to be complaining if they are charging me 38 cent less ( or more) especially when all of the cashiers have been super nice to me even when I show up with 10 different gift cards.
Old May 31, 2013, 6:05 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
You can also just ask the cashier to search for "Visa" in their bill pay system (assuming it is a Visa card), and have them process the payment to there. I've done this with both Chase and Citi Visa credit cards. Only downfall with this route is the default and only option is $1.88, one day delivery for anything processed to "Visa". With Amex you can get the price down to $1.00 if you do three days.

The only one that I have found specifically has an individual entry in the bill pay system is Citi American Express cards (AA Amex), but you can have them process the payment to just ordinary "American Express" and the payment gets there just fine.
Old May 31, 2013, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor!
Don't use the money gram form. That costs more.

If you are going to pay your Chase bill, make sure you have the paper bill. There is info on the bill they will need. This is unlike Amex, where all you need is your cc.
Depends up on the biller, but yes, typically MoneyGram costs more. For Discover Card, it's $1.70 last time I used. For everyone else, $8.99 or something like that.
Old May 31, 2013, 9:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TheChallenge
You can also just ask the cashier to search for "Visa" in their bill pay system (assuming it is a Visa card), and have them process the payment to there. I've done this with both Chase and Citi Visa credit cards. Only downfall with this route is the default and only option is $1.88, one day delivery for anything processed to "Visa". With Amex you can get the price down to $1.00 if you do three days.

The only one that I have found specifically has an individual entry in the bill pay system is Citi American Express cards (AA Amex), but you can have them process the payment to just ordinary "American Express" and the payment gets there just fine.
Do you think it will work the same with master card too?
Old May 31, 2013, 11:22 pm

Programs: WN CP, WN A-List Preferred, AS MVPG 75k, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Do you think it will work the same with master card too?
From what I've been told at the register MasterCard would work as well, but I personally have never tried it myself. Walmart just uses the card network (Visa, Amex, in theory MasterCard as well) to route your payment to the account, which is the number on the card. It shouldn't matter at all which bank actually issues your Visa, Amex, and MasterCard. It's similar in concept to how a merchant will use the Visa network to process a refund in store.

One avenue I've wondered about, but never tried, is if you could unload prepaids to a regular debit card attached to a checking account using the bill pay system. This would eliminate the need to buy MO all the time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.