Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:21 pm

Looks like I'll be switching to paying some cc bills with money orders now.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:43 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by HikerT
Same problem here paying bank of America consumer loans. Never had a problem before. Hopefully it's just a temporary glitch. I tried to pay both my fidelity amex and my bank of America credit card. Neither worked.
+1
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not sure this is related, BUT...

The CheckFreePay system is having issues with its security certificate!

I tried to pay FIA the regular way but I got error message from the Payment tabs no matter which one I tried - whether it is from the summary page or the account detail page.

At first I thought this is window 8.1 issue which for whatever stupid designs, often disables some internet access but it usually could self-fix it once you run trouble-shooting. Not this time. It also tells me I am unable to access some websites but not telling me WHY ... brilliant, NOT!

Called in FIA, the regular rep has not heard of any technical issue. She said they can take payment over the phone with bank information. All I am trying to do is to manage the account balance so I ask if I could talk to tech support.

Tech support gal wanted to know the error message, and immediately told me they are aware of it - the BP site is having issues with its security certificate, they have received many customer reports on that and they are working on it. They hope it can be resolved later today or tomorrow. Meanwhile customers need to pay today can call to pay over the phone.

So hopefully this is just the system issues that the specific banks cannot be paid right now.

We also need to keep an eye on the payments made thru the Visa / MC network to reach the accounts on time, if the payments are made within the last few days since the BofA / Chase issues surface.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 5:50 pm

tried to pay A+, but MasterCard had disappeared off the list.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by us1549
Tried to pay WF LOC today and it was gone from the billpay options. So tried to switch to generic Visa payment and that was gone as well. Now only a relatively short list of card specific Visas (like Cap1 and some oddballs).

Hope it's a glitch, but sure smells like what happened with Amex earlier this year.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 6:42 pm

VISA gone for me tonight as well. Cashier even turned her screen to show me.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by us1549
I did it this morning - at first they could not find MasterCard but eventually found it. The name shown on the Company box, is MC/Visa. Information went thru and allowed me to pay. Finger crossed it would go thru.

My speculation is the problem is with CheckFreePay system, not with WMT, given now FIA own website is not able to process payment either. I would venture to say all BofA bill pay services are down now because it uses CheckFreePay.

As of this moment, the bill pay on FIA site remains down.

Last edited by Happy; Dec 4, 2014 at 7:16 pm
Old Dec 5, 2014, 1:33 am

confirmed bestbuy chase is not in the system
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:12 am

No go for visa this morning
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
as i reported about 3 weeks ago, one of my wm's lost the 3 day for $1 option for bestbuy-chase, while the other was fine.

the other one fell today- not even an option for chase under best buy anymore. the csr was personally trained and even showed me the monitor. in fact, under the 'frequently paid' short cut on their initial checkfree screen, it has 'best buy- chase', but when she clicks on it there is a 'not found' error. used it 2 days ago, so there has definitely been a software update since- which probably explains the other new issues mentioned.

death by a 1000 paper cuts. $1 to $1.88 is another in a growing list of things making various avenues less attractive...
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Also confirm Best Buy - Chase is removed. Had to use Visa instead. FIA AMEX could not work with BOA consumer loans. Good times.
Thanks for confirming this. I also had ttrouble finding Best Buy - Chase last night and this morning. One of the cashiers is familiar with me too. They even showed me the screen.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:09 am

no Visa/MC last night.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:32 am

Just paid my Chase Visa card using VISA (didn't try BestBuy-Chase)
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:04 am

Originally Posted by jltmiles
Just paid my Chase Visa card using VISA (didn't try BestBuy-Chase)
Visa worked this AM for me as well
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:56 am
xp0

If your stores are still working (visa, mastercard, etc etc) then the update was not applied to your stores from CFBP. WMT corporate only requested specific stores to have the update rolled out to.

This is not an "error" or "glitch".
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:07 am

Originally Posted by xp0
If your stores are still working (visa, mastercard, etc etc) then the update was not applied to your stores from CFBP. WMT corporate only requested specific stores to have the update rolled out to.

This is not an "error" or "glitch".
Probably true. They may just be consolidating their list of payment options. It seems like people are reporting "MC/Visa" is appearing and has worked for both MC and Visa payments. This may be the evolving option for MC or Visa payments and the choices for Chase, FIA, etc all go away.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.