Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2014, 9:16 am

Bill pay to TD Bank at WMT

Quick question, have anyone done bill pay to TD Bank credit card at WMT? If so, which vendor name did you use? Tried using VISA but got an error message to contact the biller when the CSR tried to enter my account number so any advice would be appreciated, thanks
Old Nov 14, 2014, 10:00 am

Originally Posted by Orochimaru
Bill pay to TD Bank at WMT

Quick question, have anyone done bill pay to TD Bank credit card at WMT? If so, which vendor name did you use? Tried using VISA but got an error message to contact the biller when the CSR tried to enter my account number so any advice would be appreciated, thanks
You can't do it
Old Nov 14, 2014, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by rtraveler
Try this, i posted this previously.

"For Billpay, they enter $500 AFTER you swipe AND enter the pin.

If you are doing $1,998.12, this will be 4 $500 swipes. After the 3rd swipe, you get a message "Unable to process (i think)", just press ok. The next screen seems to be frozen so you press 'cancel', and then you can finally swipe the 4th card. I've gotten used to this workaround which i ALWAYS encounter at the three Walmarts I go to. "
I went to a different Walmart today and they updated their POS system at the MC. The 4 cards swiped with no problems so it looks like the workaround above is for the older POS systems.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 7:47 am

Partial BP Recognition by Card Issuer

I was looking where to post my question as it covers all major CC issuers and thought this would be the best place.

I know from experience that even if I have set up an automatic balance payment (ACH withdrawal) with Chase and I make a partial payment/get credit before the due date the Chase system will recognize it and adjust my balance due accordingly.

I also know that PenFed system will NOT recognize it and they deduct the whole balance despite any earlier (partial or total) credit/payment.

I think BARCLAY (Arrival +) is the same as PenFed but I am not 100% sure.

I would like to know how (both business and personal) CITI CC, AMEX CC and BARCLAY CC systems treat partial/total balance pre-payments before the due date (when the total balance automatic payment on the due date is set up).

Thanks
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:17 am

Originally Posted by touristtrap
I was looking where to post my question as it covers all major CC issuers and thought this would be the best place.

I know from experience that even if I have set up an automatic balance payment (ACH withdrawal) with Chase and I make a partial payment/get credit before the due date the Chase system will recognize it and adjust my balance due accordingly.

I also know that PenFed system will NOT recognize it and they deduct the whole balance despite any earlier (partial or total) credit/payment.

I think BARCLAY (Arrival +) is the same as PenFed but I am not 100% sure.

I would like to know how (both business and personal) CITI CC, AMEX CC and BARCLAY CC systems treat partial/total balance pre-payments before the due date (when the total balance automatic payment on the due date is set up).

Thanks
Here are my notes to myself which do not include business cards. Any further information will require a phone call on your part just as it did for me. If you come up with additional information, please post it.

FIA Fidelity:Early payments on statement balances are not recognized in their autopay system. The full amount will still come out. Therefore, I must CALL and have them stop the autopayment for that month.

BOA:Spoke w/Linda at BOA. Autobill pay does NOT recognize prepayment so I have to do a one time payment cancel. Can be done on-line or by calling in. 7/17.

Barclays: Their autopay system DOES NOT recognize a prepayment so one must call to cancel payment on a one time basis. This can be done on-line.

Citi: Jerome in Florida says that Citibank autopay does recognize prepayments and does not take the amount shown on the statement out again. This is true for both Amex and VISA

US Bank: not sure about the policy yet but I cancelled the Aug payment on-line.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 9:22 am

Originally Posted by fluffyCat
The $1998 WMBP I made Tuesday morning to my Arrival Plus (Mastercard) hasn't posted yet.

Wiki: Tuesday posts on Wednesday night /Thursday morning

It has been several months since I have seen a late posting, and then it typically was over a weekend, not during the week.
Tuesday was a holiday. Your payment wasn't really started until Wednesday.
Old Nov 15, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by danpeake
Tuesday was a holiday. Your payment wasn't really started until Wednesday.
Yep. Got it. Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Hbax
Ok Mr. Dictionary, how's that been workin' out for ya ?
It's actually been working great, I'm planning my 4 week vacation to Asia now for the family and I'm looking forward to redeeming my miles and points. =)
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:09 pm

My YMMV

My plan (for AFT) was 4-6K in CC BP @ WM and the rest in MO/cash bank deposits.

Well, the first BP < 2k @ WM was a success. Tried the 2nd one for 2.8k the day after and SSN was asked. Moved on and tried 1.9k 7 days later and the SSN asked again. Taking step back now and assessing the next move.

It was funny that cashiers on both occasions were more upset then I (thanks FT).

It appears 2 more checking accounts across the street are staring at me for reason.

Any advise how to proceed with BP @ WM would be appreciated.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by touristtrap
My plan (for AFT) was 4-6K in CC BP @ WM and the rest in MO/cash bank deposits.

Well, the first BP < 2k @ WM was a success. Tried the 2nd one for 2.8k the day after and SSN was asked. Moved on and tried 1.9k 7 days later and the SSN asked again. Taking step back now and assessing the next move.

It was funny that cashiers on both occasions were more upset then I (thanks FT).

It appears 2 more checking accounts across the street are staring at me for reason.

Any advise how to proceed with BP @ WM would be appreciated.
I always do $1,998.12 which comes out to $2k with the fee. I never get asked for my ss. Stick to $2k or less (including fee).
Old Nov 16, 2014, 7:51 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Gold, Hilton Diamond
Try this, i posted this previously.

"For Billpay, they enter $500 AFTER you swipe AND enter the pin.

If you are doing $1,998.12, this will be 4 $500 swipes. After the 3rd swipe, you get a message "Unable to process (i think)", just press ok. The next screen seems to be frozen so you press 'cancel', and then you can finally swipe the 4th card. I've gotten used to this workaround which i ALWAYS encounter at the three Walmarts I go to. "
Thanks rtraveler. I will try this workaround.

It has been happening everytime i go because I always do 2000$ bill pay and it always hangs up on the green OK button during the third swipe. Only one walmart clerk on one of the stores does something on her screen (cancel/clear wahtever) and it goes away. For every other walmart, I do reset the pinpad.

To recap your steps.
When the green (OK) button shows up during the third swipe, we press green OK on the screen. The screen will freeze as it does. Then we press the top red button on the pinpad (Cancel) instead of the second button (Clear in yellow).
After pressing Cancel, it should allow us to go forward.

Thanks. will try and report.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 10:37 pm

I always do $1,998.12 which comes out to $2k with the fee. I never get asked for my ss. Stick to $2k or less (including fee).
as RFD would say, 'pro tip':

if you do any volume, i'd suggest mixing up the amount for tracking. example: walmart had a systemwide (according to checkfree rep) issue on sunday the 9th- all payments ended up 3 days late, as they were not resubmitted until the 12th. looking at my receipts, ALL transaction #'s were the SAME that day! when i called checkfree they were insisting they were talking about the right payment- but it was off by a penny. if they'd have been the same amount, there was literally no way to track it. the system is FAR less sophisticated than i would have imagined.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 11:09 pm

anyone else find the 3 day option for $1 missing for 'best buy-chase'?

did 2 billpays tonight- cashier in friendly store. the system only gave the option for 'next day' for $1.50. i had the csr backtrack but it only showed the 1 option (csr turned the screen so i could see, as i was her trainer.

for the second transaction, she turned the screen for the entire process- same same- only the 1 day option, and a different looking screen than usual: the usual choice box doesn't pop up. there is no option to choose, it just populates the period 'next day' and amount '1,50' and shows the total on a non-popup screen.

btw, before the math challenged chime in with a 'bfd, pay the extra .50, who cares, it's only 50 cents'..... it's all about cents per mile/point. i read people saying a dollar more or less per card doesn't matter, all the time on FT. only if the basic math that the 'measly' dollar adds 20, 25 or 33% to the price of your holiday escapes you. transportation/acquisition/liquidation are all inputs to determine if it makes sense monetarily. then valuing your time doing something worthwhile instead of MS (ie: family, a hobby that doesn't involve walmart/getting a real business going/etc) vs the time suck in lame stores/reading FT/making Hitler videos...
Old Nov 17, 2014, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by ketelone
Thanks rtraveler. I will try this workaround.

It has been happening everytime i go because I always do 2000$ bill pay and it always hangs up on the green OK button during the third swipe. Only one walmart clerk on one of the stores does something on her screen (cancel/clear wahtever) and it goes away. For every other walmart, I do reset the pinpad.

To recap your steps.
When the green (OK) button shows up during the third swipe, we press green OK on the screen. The screen will freeze as it does. Then we press the top red button on the pinpad (Cancel) instead of the second button (Clear in yellow).
After pressing Cancel, it should allow us to go forward.

Thanks. will try and report.
That is correct. Let me know how it works out. I've done it dozens of times.
Old Nov 17, 2014, 8:09 am

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
anyone else find the 3 day option for $1 missing for 'best buy-chase'?

did 2 billpays tonight- cashier in friendly store. the system only gave the option for 'next day' for $1.50. i had the csr backtrack but it only showed the 1 option (csr turned the screen so i could see, as i was her trainer.

for the second transaction, she turned the screen for the entire process- same same- only the 1 day option, and a different looking screen than usual: the usual choice box doesn't pop up. there is no option to choose, it just populates the period 'next day' and amount '1,50' and shows the total on a non-popup screen.

btw, before the math challenged chime in with a 'bfd, pay the extra .50, who cares, it's only 50 cents'..... it's all about cents per mile/point. i read people saying a dollar more or less per card doesn't matter, all the time on FT. only if the basic math that the 'measly' dollar adds 20, 25 or 33% to the price of your holiday escapes you. transportation/acquisition/liquidation are all inputs to determine if it makes sense monetarily. then valuing your time doing something worthwhile instead of MS (ie: family, a hobby that doesn't involve walmart/getting a real business going/etc) vs the time suck in lame stores/reading FT/making Hitler videos...
Paid "Best Buy - Chase" this morning and did 3 days for $1 no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.