Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:57 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by stl_traveler
My apologies if this has been covered, I have read numerous pages of the forum along with the Wiki.

I intend to begin using BP as Walmart to meet minimum spending and I am simply wondering which pin-enabled gift cards have individuals had success with when using Bill Pay at Walmart?

The Wiki only mentions that "Vanilla Visa and Mastercard" do not work.
(If you don't have a Target in driving distance, you can disregard the following):

Glutton for punishment, huh?

WM BP is so 2013, Redbird is the new BB. If there aren't RB cards available near you, put a post on the RB site that you want to buy one, and someone will PM you. You will pay less for that RB card than you would with one month's purchase of GCs for WM BP, and after that you can MS $5K a month totally for free.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...l#post24072608
Old Dec 30, 2014, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by Brugge
(If you don't have a Target in driving distance, you can disregard the following):

WM BP is so 2013, Redbird is the new BB. If there aren't RB cards available near you, put a post on the RB site that you want to buy one, and someone will PM you. You will pay less for that RB card than you would with one month's purchase of GCs for WM BP, and after that you can MS $5K a month totally for free.

It's all about options and your individual circumstances. I have Serve and
just started BP at WM. don't plan on giving either of them up.
The more folks that move to Redbird the less folks I have to deal with at
WM.

Win/win for all concerned.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.

But red is limited to 5k per month per acct. For some of us, we can only get acct for those in family and for some that's only 2, maybe 4 if including kids or parents. Although, it seems WMBP is becoming more and more limited depending on stores and what cc.

What method is now the most popular way to liquidate for those who have over 50k per month to liquidate (non-Redcard)? This question is open to anyone. I'm particularly interested in those who do 6 figures a month in ms. You may pm me if you'd like.

Last edited by Churnman; Dec 30, 2014 at 11:58 am
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:55 pm

MoneyCenter Daily Limits

Have frequented WMMC off and on for the past year doing mostly BP's. In the past few days I attempted to make 2 BP's 2K each totaling 4k. I was told the limit for MC transactions (comprising: Bluebird, BP or MO's) in one day is 3k. I have done this plenty of times before without anyone batting an eye. I believe I have filled out paperwork months ago when first starting to offload VGC's.

Anyway the rules change here and wanted to see for myself if this is actually the case.

Walmart customer service stated limitations are set for money orders at 3k per day but in regards to BP and BB there isn't a limit (although BB does have their on limits).

Anyone else run into an issue like this?
Old Dec 30, 2014, 2:00 pm

The game is changing. Stores make up the rules as they go. Consider yourself fortunate you still have BP options and your WM still accepts prepaids.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by HikerT
Stores make up the rules as they go. Consider yourself fortunate you still have BP options and your WM still accepts prepaids.
The game is not changing. It has always been a YMMV situation, store by store.

But yes, if you still can do BP at WM, which I was only able to finish up in Nov with $49.99 loads, consider yourself fortunate for sure.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by Churnman
What method is now the most popular way to liquidate for those who have over 50k per month to liquidate (non-Redcard)? This question is open to anyone. I'm particularly interested in those who do 6 figures a month in ms. You may pm me if you'd like.

I still do MO. I do over 6 figures a month, after OBC I had to scale volume significantly. This takes much more work but can still be lucrative, especially if you have access to low fee GC.

If it's not MO, I have about 6 BB I can load but the machine is always a hit or miss I rarely do it.
Old Dec 31, 2014, 8:56 am
jk2

Did anybody pay Wells Fargo Amex? I see from WIKI that "Wells Fargo Line of Credit" should work, but in CSR couldn't find such payee, only "Wells FArgo SVC Line of Credit", which didn't work for Wells Fargo Amex (account number wasn't valid).
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:17 pm

I tried paying my Chase Freedom Visa today. When the CSR searched for Visa we couldn't find just plain Visa or the Best Buy Visa. I've only done it once before and they got it to work. Anyone else have this?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by USFishin
I tried paying my Chase Freedom Visa today. When the CSR searched for Visa we couldn't find just plain Visa or the Best Buy Visa. I've only done it once before and they got it to work. Anyone else have this?
Really????? Did you BOTHER reading anything? How about the VERY FIRST LINE IN THE WIKI?
Old Dec 31, 2014, 6:45 pm

DUUUUUUHHHHHH! Thanks. I looked right over that.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 9:58 am

The game is not changing
WM BP is so 2013
You will pay less for that RB card than you would with one month's purchase of GCs for WM BP, and after that you can MS $5K a month totally for free.
So you do not think the game is changing, as HikerT mentioned above ?
Old Jan 1, 2015, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by Alcibiades
So you do not think the game is changing, as HikerT mentioned above ?
There is an old saying "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose’".

Since everything about this game has been YMMV all along, and some options die, with new and sometimes better ones popping up, while other options blink on and off due to glitches, NO.

For a while one could get two 25K AA cards at a time with the 2BM. Then you couldn't do that anymore, but the Plat went to 50K. Later the AA plat card with a 50K bonus died, only to be replaced a while later with the EXEC card with a 100K bonus. AMEX went once in a Lifetime, then Chase decided once @ every two years is fine. VRs could only be purchased for $1k a day, suddenly you could get $5K a day, until you couldn't get any with a cc, and everyone was very sad. Then it turned out OVs worked just as well, and everyone was happy again, until Kate stopped working everywhere and everyone was very sad. Then a week later Kate worked again, and everyone was happy. Until Kate stopped working for loads of more than $49.99 pretty much everywhere, and everyone was very sad about losing the ability to MS with BB. Until RB came along, which right now most people think it's the best thing to ever happen, except the people who were sure it was going cash only on Dec 1st. But when it didn't, they now warn "this won't last long"....

There has been steady inflation in all of the miles and points programs. Meaning it continually takes more miles, and more points, to get the same awards. But then again, 10K bonuses became 25K bonuses, then 50K bonuses, then 100K bonuses. Official app links have become non-churnable, but many zombie links continue to work just fine. All of which means you have to do more homework to stay on top of what is working today, now that what worked yesterday no longer works.

"plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose’".

Keep Calm and Churn On.....
Old Jan 2, 2015, 11:39 am

as of today, I think YMMV still rules so that B/P at certain WMs continue to work in depending on location. Those who are constantly traveling will realize this if they haven't found it out yet.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 12:11 pm

anyone here unloading large sums of 20 dollar bills doing BP (obviously staying under the paperwork limit for each payment)? I always use debits, but have been accumulating more cash than I prefer to throw right into my checking accounts. Do they sit there and count all your 20's out, or do they have a cash counter under the desk somewhere?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.