Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by BADELAYS
My friendly wal-mart store told me that Moneygram has called them and asked not to allow more than 1 card per transaction.

I would call it BS but these employees and supervisor have been friendly and never cared. Every MC employee was told about it and the supervisor was sorry that it changed. I don't think it was a system issue, just a policy enforcement.
Hmm, I wouldn't be surprised if this were actually a thing. I've seen individual stores (not WM) shut down their MO policies due to pressure from higherups, while other stores of the same chain just keep on rolling.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:41 pm

The ones who have been able to do a split for billpay... How many splits did you do? I tried the method of first swiping and then split and amount and see it works. But the terminal on customer side hangs after 2 swipes... Did twice and the same thing happened... They had to call a manager to cancel transaction...

Did they change the policy to 2 splits?

Anyone else have any experience regarding this?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:44 pm

Since I haven't heard about Ink+ Visa using Best Buy - Chase was successful or not, I went ahead and did it. Finally the transactions posted.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 4:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by amitgu
The ones who have been able to do a split for billpay... How many splits did you do? I tried the method of first swiping and then split and amount and see it works. But the terminal on customer side hangs after 2 swipes... Did twice and the same thing happened... They had to call a manager to cancel transaction...

Did they change the policy to 2 splits?

Anyone else have any experience regarding this?
4 is the limit
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by Stoughton
4 is the limit
2 here as well
Old Jul 11, 2014, 6:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Nomoneyinmybank
Since I haven't heard about Ink+ Visa using Best Buy - Chase was successful or not, I went ahead and did it. Finally the transactions posted.
Thanks for the update. Thanks for updating the Wiki.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:15 am
Suspended

Could you explain this further?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Could you explain this further?
What's there to explain? In the wiki is a bill pay for Best Buy - Chase. It had been updated that to say that you can use certain personal cards with this payee (vs using Visa) but no one confirmed Ink.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdancer20
What's there to explain? In the wiki is a bill pay for Best Buy - Chase. It had been updated that to say that you can use certain personal cards with this payee (vs using Visa) but no one confirmed Ink.
Why not simply pay it via "Visa" like everyone else?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:40 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Why not simply pay it via "Visa" like everyone else?
Cheaper fee. $1 for 3-day delivery or $1.50 for next-day instead of $1.88 for next-day that paying "Visa" requires.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:51 am

How long did it take to post?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 7:51 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dukerau
Cheaper fee. $1 for 3-day delivery or $1.50 for next-day instead of $1.88 for next-day that paying "Visa" requires.
Thanks

Having finally got the CSRs trained to look for Visa (instead of Chase), I'm not rocking the boat for $0.38
Old Jul 11, 2014, 8:09 am

Another issue splitting billpay

Originally Posted by TKKY
I had problems at WM today. Error message was that debit amount exceeds limit. I was able to buy MOs and split tender, but could not pay bill with debit card. Tried anywhere from about $6000 to $500. Hope this is a temporary issue.
As another data point, I had this issue today. I swiped and before entering the PIN asked them to split out my billpay for $500. I've done that several times before and had no issues.

Hopefully this is not another system change being rolled out and was just a CSR that didn't know what she was doing. I'd really like to know what button they push after I've swiped so I can "train" them!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My wife called Citi today to pay our Citibusiness card account with her Buxx debit card. She's an employee of my "business" and has an employee card. Citi said they couldn't take the payment because their system automatically populates the name field with my name and the transaction won't go through. (BTW, this is apparently different from a personal card, where an authorized user can make a telephone debit card payment).

So I'm guessing my easiest alternative is to drag my wife down to Walmart and do the transaction via billpay. I assume others have successfully paid Citi Business cards via billpay even if they are only an "employee" on the account? I presume Citi knows what to do with the money when it is "wired" to the account?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:13 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
My wife called Citi today to pay our Citibusiness card account with her Buxx debit card. She's an employee of my "business" and has an employee card. Citi said they couldn't take the payment because their system automatically populates the name field with my name and the transaction won't go through. (BTW, this is apparently different from a personal card, where an authorized user can make a telephone debit card payment).

So I'm guessing my easiest alternative is to drag my wife down to Walmart and do the transaction via billpay. I assume others have successfully paid Citi Business cards via billpay even if they are only an "employee" on the account? I presume Citi knows what to do with the money when it is "wired" to the account?
Have you considered buying MOs with the Buxx card, depositing the MOs to your bank account and paying Citi from the bank account?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.