Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 12, 2014, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
This is the thread for posts through 2016. The new thread for 2017 is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1826119-billpay-walmart-2017-a.html

Bill Pay cannot be done at a regular register.
It must be done at Customer Service/Returns.
Or at the Money Center in stores that have it.

BUSINESS DAY transaction completion time is 18:59:59 EST
Friday after 06:59PM EST, until Monday BEFORE 07:00PM EST arrives Tuesday
Tuesday BEFORE 7:00PM arrives Wednesday
Wednesday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Thursday
Thursday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Friday
Friday BEFORE 07:00PM arrives Monday
But when a next-day payment will post and be visible depends upon the CC issuer.

--------------------------------------------------------------
WM offers two BP services: CheckFreePAY and MoneyGram. The cashier can initiate CheckFreePAY by selecting Money Services followed by Bill Pay on the register for a fee of $1-1.88. Moneygram is $4.99.

Once your CFP account is set up, you can add cc. When you want to BP give them your phone# to look up your account under Money Services. They often get confused and think you want MG, but just say it is under Money Services.

ONLY 4 successful debit card swipes can pay for a transaction.

ONLY 5 payments per 16 digit account number per rolling 30 days.
--------------------------------------------
:-:VISA and MC
If your particular card isn't on the list below, try "VISA" or "MASTERCARD."

"VISA" and "MASTERCARD" payee can no longer be found by search at some stores. If the employee can no longer find "VISA" or "MASTERCARD" by searching in CheckFreePAY, then you cannot pay either, end of story.

Following do not work:
Any and all Vanilla VISA, Vanilla MC, and OneVanilla VISA.
Glimcher VISA
MASTERCARD
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Bank of America Cash Rewards Business MC
Barclay (Arrival, US Airways) MC - Posts at 11PM EST, credit available 1AM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold MC
Citi AAdvantage (Platinum Select, Executive, Business) MC - Posts at 3AM EST (+1 day)
Citi ThankYou Preferred MC
CitiBusiness Platinum Select MC
Does not work:
Barclay Business US Airways MC - NOT PAYABLE - tried 2x
VISA
$1.88 next day.
Works:
Barclay Priceline VS
Chase (Amazon, Freedom, Sapphire Preferred, United, Slate) VS - Posts at 10PM EST
Chase Business Ink Bold VS
Citi (AAdvantage, Dividend, ThankYou Preferred) VS
FIA Fidelity VS
PNC CashBuilder VS
US Bank (Cash+, Club Carlson, Flexperks) VS
Wells Fargo Cashback VS
Does not work:
TD Bank VS - [Source]
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:-:Issuing Bank

Discover - Use for all Discover network cards
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days.

American Express AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) cannot be paid through CheckFreePAY. Some AMEX cards issued by other banks can be paid.

AMEX cards(SPG, BC, BCE, BCP, etc) can be paid using MoneyGram for $4.99

Barclay Listed under barclay - need biller zip - $1.50 next day, $1.00 three days

Bank of America Consumer Loans - Use for BoA-issued and FIA-issued cards; will not work for BofA Small Business cards.
$1.50 next day, $1.00 three days. (Will require a ZIP but apparently yours will work as well as theirs, which is 19886)[INDENT]Works:
FIA Fidelity VS & MC
BoA Alaska Airlines Visa
Does not work:
FIA Fidelity AX - No longer working for FIA Amex
BofA Asiana Business card
Capital One
$1.50 next day.
Personal and business CCs
Citibank American Express - Use for Citi-issued AMEX cards
Citi AAdvantage AMEX
PNC Bank - Use for PNC-issued Visa network cards
PNC CashBuilder VS
Warning: Some users have reported being shutdown for using bill pay services.

For money order questions, check the following threads and their wiki posts:
Print Wikipost

Billpay at Walmart(2013-2016)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JATR4
Have you considered buying MOs with the Buxx card, depositing the MOs to your bank account and paying Citi from the bank account?
Yeah, that could be another solution, but I think billpay is easier -- assuming it works, of course.

It's a shame, though, because paying your Citibusiness card bill fee-free from your home telephone is, of course, the easiest!
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:33 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by iahphx
My wife called Citi today to pay our Citibusiness card account with her Buxx debit card. She's an employee of my "business" and has an employee card. Citi said they couldn't take the payment because their system automatically populates the name field with my name and the transaction won't go through. (BTW, this is apparently different from a personal card, where an authorized user can make a telephone debit card payment).

So I'm guessing my easiest alternative is to drag my wife down to Walmart and do the transaction via billpay. I assume others have successfully paid Citi Business cards via billpay even if they are only an "employee" on the account? I presume Citi knows what to do with the money when it is "wired" to the account?
Easiest would be take the card and leave you wife at home. It's not like WM is going to verify it's your debit card.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 11:38 am

1 card per transaction

my walmart is seriously enforcing the 1 card per transaction for MO, Bluebird, and bill pay now. And only this single store in the area, all other stores nearby are fine with the 4 swipes. so sad, more drive needed to get it done now.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: SPG PLAT, AA Plat (2MM), BA, UA/CO
Originally Posted by vodafone
my walmart is seriously enforcing the 1 card per transaction for MO, Bluebird, and bill pay now. And only this single store in the area, all other stores nearby are fine with the 4 swipes. so sad, more drive needed to get it done now.
It Could be worse. Yesterday I was told no gift cards. And she demanded to see the card before I swiped it.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by xlax
It Could be worse. Yesterday I was told no gift cards. And she demanded to see the card before I swiped it.
Unfortunately its just going to get worse and worse until they enforce that for every location.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by xlax
Jut give them a different card
Old Jul 11, 2014, 1:54 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by amitgu
The ones who have been able to do a split for billpay... How many splits did you do? I tried the method of first swiping and then split and amount and see it works. But the terminal on customer side hangs after 2 swipes... Did twice and the same thing happened... They had to call a manager to cancel transaction...

Did they change the policy to 2 splits?

Anyone else have any experience regarding this?
Happened to me yesterday as well. In store with black and white pin pads.

Required (good) manager attention, who restarted the pin pad.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:03 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
I hit two WMs today and no problem with BP, MO and BB load. Yes, I agree that the window we have is starting to close.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by pier11
Happened to me yesterday as well. In store with black and white pin pads.

Required (good) manager attention, who restarted the pin pad.
They very well could go to no splits at all.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Easiest would be take the card and leave you wife at home. It's not like WM is going to verify it's your debit card.
WM's doesn't verify ID for billpay? I know they generally don't care when loading BB, but I can pay anybody's bill with anybody's debit card?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Originally Posted by iahphx
WM's doesn't verify ID for billpay? I know they generally don't care when loading BB, but I can pay anybody's bill with anybody's debit card?
Depends. Most time they don't care.
Once in DC I was asked for ID to match my name for BP.
Often then not debit cards are required to have my name on it and sometimes they ask for ID as well. I live in densely MS populated area.
(I had episode, when manager of money center said that the system is down /which was rather true/ and no MO/BB/MoneyGram for the rest of the day to the line. And 4 (four) people just left the line after that! I'm positive they were MSers - I saw one many times, another was together with him. OMG).

Other WMs have no split cashier enforced policies in addition to the above.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:42 pm

I had one WM in Connecticut tell me that splitting a transaction to use multiple debit cards is "structuring". I'm not sure how correct that is.
Old Jul 11, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: None
where are you located?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:03 pm

Northern Virginia

Originally Posted by BADELAYS
where are you located?
Old Jul 11, 2014, 3:13 pm

Programs: None
Northern Virginia
bingo! was it the Fairfax store on Lee Hwy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.