Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by factory81
Staybridge Suides is 20k when the same room goes for $380

Candlewood is 15k or $256

The point per $ ratio is better with those 2 hotels, yet this Crowne Plaza is a good deal? Is the location/atmosphere/hotel that much cooler? I am thinking of doing a weekend in NYC and this might be the place to be.
In my opinion, and I stress that it is just that, my own... The location could not be more central. You walk out of the door and you are standing right on Broadway, one short block down into Times Square. If you have a Times Square view room, it is simply stunning. Also, it is, by my experience of NY hotels a very decent standard. I have stayed a few times and it has always been clean, well maintained, staff are efficient with a little more courtesy that I would have expected from a large NY hotel.

The benefits of Platinum are good, breakfast/lounge access, free internet etc...

I just think it is a solid property for the current 25K. And, when we were there in October, looking at it in price terms, Advanced Purchase standard king was almost $460 a night plus tax, so over $500 a night... We were there 3 nights, so a dam good deal.

A brilliant property for people who want to be right in the middle of things, yet a big enough, and tall enough hotel that it does not cause noise problems, well, any more than any other hotel in NYC I would imagine.

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Jan 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm
Old Jan 7, 2012, 11:05 pm

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
In my opinion, and I stress that it is just that, my own... The location could not be more central. You walk out of the door and you are standing right on Broadway, one short block down into Times Square. If you have a Times Square view room, it is simply stunning. Also, it is, by my experience of NY hotels a very decent standard. I have stayed a few times and it has always been clean, well maintained, staff are efficient with a little more courtesy that I would have expected from a large NY hotel.

The benefits of Platinum are good, breakfast/lounge access, free internet etc...

I just think it is a solid property for the current 25K. And, when we were there in October, looking at it in price terms, Advanced Purchase standard king was almost $460 a night plus tax, so over $500 a night... We were there 3 nights, so a dam good deal.

A brilliant property for people who want to be right in the middle of things, yet a big enough, and tall enough hotel that it does not cause noise problems, well, any more than any other hotel in NYC I would imagine.

Do I get to park my vehicle for free as a platinum member? I want to drive in to NYC....and just park it and use a taxi/subway/walk while in the city. HOLY MOLY. I JUST LOOKED. 49/daily fee. NYC parking is not cheap. My God.....uhh that is a expense that I under estimated (thought oh...they might get me $15/day). I kind of forgot that I never see ANY parking garages in NYC.

The prices I am coming up with are for Aug 17th-18th this Summer 2012 (and they are the lowest price room available, as I am assuming even as a platinum using points/reward nights to stay I won't necessarily get anything better then the cheapest room).

Breakfast/lounge/internet will be nice as I understand these are truly amenities in large cities.

Last edited by factory81; Jan 7, 2012 at 11:17 pm
Old Jan 8, 2012, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by factory81
Do I get to park my vehicle for free as a platinum member? I want to drive in to NYC....and just park it and use a taxi/subway/walk while in the city. HOLY MOLY. I JUST LOOKED. 49/daily fee. NYC parking is not cheap. My God.....uhh that is a expense that I under estimated (thought oh...they might get me $15/day). I kind of forgot that I never see ANY parking garages in NYC.

The prices I am coming up with are for Aug 17th-18th this Summer 2012 (and they are the lowest price room available, as I am assuming even as a platinum using points/reward nights to stay I won't necessarily get anything better then the cheapest room).

Breakfast/lounge/internet will be nice as I understand these are truly amenities in large cities.
I am really not sure about parking... Although, I am sure you could get it cheaper than that in one of those multi story, one on top of the other type things that are down side streets etc...

How much is the CP pricing at in cash terms for the dates you are looking at?
Old Jan 8, 2012, 9:00 am

I am really not sure about parking... Although, I am sure you could get it cheaper than that in one of those multi story, one on top of the other type things that are down side streets etc...

How much is the CP pricing at in cash terms for the dates you are looking at?
296NT. Or 25k or cash and points.

I will go for cash and points. In dollar per point ratio the staybridge or candlewood is better but the location here is awesome. Plus it looks to be a flagship hotel.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
anyone know how fussy the hotel is about two to a room instead of one? i'm guessing it's a no-go, (or i'll have to sneak him in ) as i have a pre-paid room booked for one, but would like to bring my husband.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by karenkay
anyone know how fussy the hotel is about two to a room instead of one? i'm guessing it's a no-go, (or i'll have to sneak him in ) as i have a pre-paid room booked for one, but would like to bring my husband.
I can assure you that they will not bat an eyelid.

When I was there in October, the room was only booked for me, but we checked in together and even chatted about my friends birthday with the receptionist... Not an eyelid batted.

Also, even if you were to "sneak" someone in, with the amount of lobby traffic and people up and down in those lifts, no one would have a clue.

enjoy!
Old Apr 22, 2012, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Plat, Bonvoy Gold
I have booked purely on points before and have had room upgrade, breakfast and internet as a Platinum...
Just finished up a 3-night points stay as a Platinum... We received a room on one of the upper floors plus free Internet, but no breakfast/lounge access.

Two different front desk clerks told me that it was hotel policy to only offer breakfast to Plats on paid stays, not reward stays. Perhaps this is a recent change.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonIND
Just finished up a 3-night points stay as a Platinum... We received a room on one of the upper floors plus free Internet, but no breakfast/lounge access.

Two different front desk clerks told me that it was hotel policy to only offer breakfast to Plats on paid stays, not reward stays. Perhaps this is a recent change.
Must have been... Admittedly, my last stay was October '11... So it may well have changed since then.

I still firmly believe that it is a solid property for New York... If you can get a good paid rate, then brilliant, but as far as points go, still quite good. Obviously better before the increase, but not too bad.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 3:45 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
Hotel policy on platinum upgrades at this property seems to depend on who is on the front desk.
Old Apr 27, 2012, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by JonIND

I recently got the same story, from a very nasty front desk clerk. I then talked to the FD manager, who gave me the same story (he said it was from "corporate," which turned out to be the franchisee, not IHG). I pushed back, and he gave in and allowed lounge access "as a one-time exception." Well, I'll take exception too - told him in the future I'll take my paid stays elsewhere.
Old May 2, 2012, 9:29 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
I ve got my 2nd stay here (on points) this coming weekend.Glancing at Priority Club just now ,it does seem pretty full up - hence potentially scuppering my plans for a decent upgrade .May rebook over to the neighbouring IC(using points&cash) where conversely rooms seem very available, plus you get the 4pm checkout which is handy when time is at a premium.Thoughts welcome

Or use cash for one night @ the IC grabbing the bargain bonus 4000 points and pay the other 2 nights in points ...

Final Outcome...the IC : 3 nights net outlay of 80k and $440 for already upgraded sky studio.NYC just too far to take a chance.The increase to 35k @ CP doesn't make it the no brainer it was before...

Last edited by docklander; May 2, 2012 at 2:56 pm Reason: conclusion
Old May 2, 2012, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by docklander
The increase to 35k @ CP doesn't make it the no brainer it was before...
Completely agree...

At 25K was bookable without batting and eyelid... Now, at 35K, it is something that has to be thought about...
Old May 12, 2012, 1:01 pm

I have a stay coming up here in June.

Is the current advice still to email before going? Has anyone any recent experience of this?

Which email address are people using?
Old May 12, 2012, 8:02 pm

Programs: IHG-Spire, DL-Gold, MR-Platinum, HH-Gold, SPG-Gold, Hyatt-Diamond, BA-Silver
I stayed here 2 weeks back (paid stay) and didn't receive any room upgrade being a Plat. They gave two drink coupons (worth up to $15 each) though. Recently reading that the 'emailing' trick works wonders from a Marriott thread, the ex-employee said that if you email they will at least open up your reservation and the chances are high that they will upgrade it beforehand rather than on check-in. I'll try it for my next stay in Orlando CP.
Old Jul 4, 2012, 8:37 am

Anyone got any updates on what will be given to platinum members?

Free breakfast? Drink vouchers? Free wifi?

Also can anyone comment on how hard it is to get a times square view room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.