FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/758833-crowne-plaza-times-square-master-thread.html)

lsed Jan 12, 2011 11:08 am

Stayed here twice using points over Christmas eve and NY.
They gave me rooms on the higher floors - 2 on the concierge level and a double room on the 30+.

Was given lounge access for 3 rooms on the stay.
Honestly the service standard of the front desk is hit and miss. If you check in through the PC queue, you'll probably get much better service. The staff that assisted me through the PC queue were really hospitable.
But on the second stay the PC line was closed and I was attended by a woman who was pretty much a robot. Never smiled, totally unfriendly. And she refused me lounge access for my second stay.

So what I did was I looked out for the previous staff who gave me lounge access the next day and sure enough I was granted for another 7 days for all 3 rooms.

But honestly the lounge is nothing great. The view on the 46 floor is not too shabby but there is no hot food and the staff who work in the lounge have an attitude that really put me off.

Also, the doors of every room slam shut quite loudly, so I was awoken many times in the morning by housekeeping moving in and out of the rooms.
For a hotel that was renovated in 2008, the wallpapers already look very dated, the sinks are cracked, and the bathtubs are peeling. If not for the location and the few front desk staff that are great, the hotel is not really worth a stay if you are not using points during the holiday season where rooms can cost $500 +tax a night or the F&F rate on other days

Note from Modeator:
Older post prior to this post could be found in the archive thread of this property:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...ec-2010-a.html

Thank you
FLYGVA
Moderator IHG Forum

Surgee Jan 17, 2011 8:24 am

NYE 2012 - points

See here post in IC TS thread about New Years Eve just opening up and being available on points.

Don't know if the CP had a 3 night min stay requirement, but its available now if you just want New Years Eve 2012 for 25K points.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15674566-post125.html

jexelot Apr 30, 2011 8:11 am

Any recent experiences so far? Will be staying on points + cash in the coming weeks as a platinum.
booked 2 rooms:

2 DBL BEDS TRADITIONAL ROOM NONSMOKING - MAX PER ROOM PERSON(S) :4
DELUXE ROOM - MAX PER ROOM PERSON(S) :3

I wonder if they charge extra for the 3rd and 4th person.

Any chance for free internet access and lounge access as upgrade for plats?

Also I noticed comment on their home page:

Concierge Lounge

* Continental Buffet Breakfast, 6:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
* Snacks Foods and Soft Drinks, 12:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
* Snacks & Soft Drinks, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
* Private Cash Bar, 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.

*The Concierge Lounge will have modified offerings through June 30 as we build a new and improved Concierge Lounge. Breakfast will still be offered daily and afternoon and evening snacks & soft drinks will be offered on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.*

Thanks!
Jex

clubman May 2, 2011 2:05 pm

Originally Posted by jexelot (Post 16305113)
Any chance for free internet access and lounge access as upgrade for plats?

You should get both, as well as a room upgrade, from my experience at this property at a least.

jexelot May 2, 2011 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by clubman (Post 16316433)
You should get both, as well as a room upgrade, from my experience at this property at a least.

Even if this is redeemed by points?
Will my room type change on my reservation or just when we check in.

Do you know what usually upgrade they give on our booked rooms?

Thanks! ^

clubman May 3, 2011 1:59 am

Originally Posted by jexelot (Post 16316667)
Even if this is redeemed by points?

Yes, my recent stay was on point too.

Not sure what upgrade you can expect but my upgrade was from a standard room to a high floor (44th) deluxe.

jexelot May 5, 2011 8:50 am

Thanx!

ryandc99 May 24, 2011 10:17 am

I have an upcoming stay at this property using points. Has anyone had any success upgrading to a suite by offering to pay some fee for the upgrade?

Hosserunda Jul 16, 2011 2:27 pm

Can somebody give me some insight into the different room categories? The official Website only talks about "Guest Rooms", "Concierge Floor" and "Suites". But at several other website and at reward night bookings I can see descriptions like "Corner Room", "Deluxe Room" and "Standard Room".

Thanks!

Hosserunda Jul 18, 2011 6:40 am

Anybody? Thanks!

jrm68 Aug 31, 2011 12:49 pm

I have a stay on points in 2 days. Sales coordinator's reply to my email confirms they don't offer the lounge access on points, just like was previously mentioned and the email stressed the upgrade based on if there is availability. So I am not expecting anything :(

BingBongBoy Aug 31, 2011 1:19 pm

I have a points stay coming up at this property too... I am not expecting too much in way of benefits... Anything will be a bonus.

docklander Sep 1, 2011 8:09 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy (Post 17030464)
I have a points stay coming up at this property too... I am not expecting too much in way of benefits... Anything will be a bonus.

Ditto..just booked for a stay next week .15k Points + 60 USD per night is an absolute bargain compared to what they want in cash...so indeed anything else is just a bonus...

BingBongBoy Sep 1, 2011 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by docklander (Post 17035362)
Ditto..just booked for a stay next week .15k Points + 60 USD per night is an absolute bargain compared to what they want in cash...so indeed anything else is just a bonus...

Yep... For the nights I am there, it is nearly $500 a night... Points was a no brainer for that. Although, I have had quite positive contact with them so far.

We won't be at the hotel till around 18:30-19:00 after arriving on the BA001, so I e-mailed to advise I would be there a bit later than I would prefer and if they could note the later in the day arrival on the booking, and without prompting, the reply said that they would keep that in mind when looking at room allocations and that if they were able to upgrade, it will be done on the day before we arrive.

So, just wait and see. I am staying at the IC in Boston on points too and they have been brilliant so far... Looking forward to staying there! :D

ryandc99 Sep 9, 2011 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by jrm68 (Post 17030283)
I have a stay on points in 2 days. Sales coordinator's reply to my email confirms they don't offer the lounge access on points, just like was previously mentioned and the email stressed the upgrade based on if there is availability. So I am not expecting anything :(

I had a 2 night stay here on points in May. I am PC Plat, no IC status. I was given lounge access, and had the fridge fee waived after asking nicely.