Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by kf2k3
I always stay at the CP in Times Square when I'm in NYC for business. I booked a room for October (King Traditional).

I always email the hotel right after I book asking for an upgrade. In my experience if you are nice and ask, they will usually work with you. I'm a platinum member, and I got upgraded to a Times Square view.

It doesn't hurt to email them. The worst they can say is no
Same experience here! Stayed there twice, emailed prior to stay twice, got upgrade to TS View twice. No club access though on second stay.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 10:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Had a very pleasant award stay there the weekend after July 4 at the 25k rate as I'd had it for a while. Upgraded from a Hudson River view room to a Times Square view room on the 42nd floor. A very efficient and well-placed hotel. It was 98 degrees when we were there, so we enjoyed spending time in the comfortable chairs in the bar area looking out over Times Square. I'd definitely stay there again, even on a revenue stay.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 6:30 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Travelling from Scotland this week and checking into the CP Times Square on Thursday for 3 nights.

I e-mailed them and they very generously gave me free wifi, breakfast, pool and gym access and also access to concierge lounge.

On top of that I noticed 2 days ago that they have chenged my room from Hudson River View to Times Square View, which I presume is an upgrade?
Old Aug 5, 2012, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by Bloobell
Travelling from Scotland this week and checking into the CP Times Square on Thursday for 3 nights.

I e-mailed them and they very generously gave me free wifi, breakfast, pool and gym access and also access to concierge lounge.

On top of that I noticed 2 days ago that they have chenged my room from Hudson River View to Times Square View, which I presume is an upgrade?

How did you e-mail them? I contacted them but have not since heard back.
Old Aug 5, 2012, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by Bloobell

Very good...

Yes, an upgrade from Hudson to Times Square view room is indeed that, an upgrade. If you look at the difference in price between the two categories as if booking with cash, you will see a noticeable rate difference. And, the view can be astounding... This was my view of TS:

Hope you have a wonderful time!
Old Aug 5, 2012, 3:59 pm

Just dropped them a line at the address via the link on their homepage
Old Aug 5, 2012, 4:00 pm

Many thanks BBB
Old Aug 26, 2012, 11:58 am

We got upgraded to 4401 which was the 44th floor corner room with Times Square view. Concierge level. Turn down service was offered. Free wifi as well. I think we also were given gym access, but we never used it.

No concierge dinner/breakfast though. We tried to go and they let us in twice, but not every time. Our card did not grant us access.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 3:19 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
We got upgraded to 4401 which was the 44th floor corner room with Times Square view
The 01 rooms are rather nice. I had 4301 a few weeks back on points.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:57 am

Just back from 3 reward nights in CP Times Square Manhattan and 15 in CP Redondo Beach and I have to say the level of service in both was quite outstanding, making it the best trip in many a long day
Old Sep 13, 2012, 9:09 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Completely agree...

At 25K was bookable without batting and eyelid... Now, at 35K, it is something that has to be thought about...
Purely out of interest, if you have to think again at 35k points, where else would you recommend in NYC for best use of PC points?

I'm just about to burn up some points for a stay in (4 nights) in October and was considering this hotel. I have stayed at the IC around the corner before on a paid stay, it was alright.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:24 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Originally Posted by Private Pyle
Purely out of interest, if you have to think again at 35k points, where else would you recommend in NYC for best use of PC points?

I'm just about to burn up some points for a stay in (4 nights) in October and was considering this hotel. I have stayed at the IC around the corner before on a paid stay, it was alright.
My favorite PC hotel in NYC is the Staybridge. Not as central as the CP but only couple of minutes walk away. It was a great deal at 20K, and still not bad at 25K. It is not a full service hotel, but you get breakfast, dinner at the middle of the week, and the rooms are OK size for NYC and include a full functioning kitchen. Free internet for all.
Old Sep 13, 2012, 11:28 am

Programs: Lots, some no/low status some high status, can't be bothered to list them :-)
Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
My favorite PC hotel in NYC is the Staybridge. Not as central as the CP but only couple of minutes walk away. It was a great deal at 20K, and still not bad at 25K. It is not a full service hotel, but you get breakfast, dinner at the middle of the week, and the rooms are OK size for NYC and include a full functioning kitchen. Free internet for all.
Thank you, I did look but no reward nights available to me so I've gone with the CP @ 25k + $70 per night for 4 nights. Against room rates of $439 & $419*3 + 14.25% tax I'm very happy. That gym is a big attraction for me too
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: AS GOLD
Just returned from 2 BRG nights. Both nights were concierge room with breakfast.

1st Night - Checked in too early. Was given Hudson River view room. Not a bad room actually. The location of this hotel is fantastic! Front desk agents are generally nice and sweet. Exe. lounge attendent is another story.

2nd Night - I was given Times Square View corner room. My view is almost identical from the picture a few posts back.

I really liked this hotel. The bar in the lobby area is fantastic. Great food, and drink, great music. Price is not bad. Cheaper than going to restaurant around the TS area. Believe me, we went to TGI Fridays for dinner. YUCK! $85 for dinner of two at TGI Fridays.

The gym is very nice touch. Free for Platinum member. It's an actual paid membership gym.

I stayed at IC Times Square as well during this trip. I didn't enjoy my stay there. CP is better choice. ^
Old Oct 26, 2012, 10:41 am

I'm PC platinum.

Stayed on cash & points.

Upgraded (I had to ask) to a higher floor with a view down the avenue away from TS.

Free Wifi.

I got free gym access but ALL PC members get this regardless of status. Infact I think anyone can get in free, you just go in, say you are with the hotel and fill in date, name and signature. No ID or room number required.

I have a preference for rooms with a king Bed, was given two doubles and told no more rooms available as they were 'full' (usual bull....)

No free breakfast, no lounge access - because I used points apparently.

I can see why I'm not very loyal to PC hotels.

I found the hotel to be distinctly average, bath tub has seen better days and they didn't pay much attention to the bathrooms during the recent 'makeover'. I found the value questionable but am glad I wasn't stupid enough to pay the $400+ a night they usually want for this property.

Location, is it great? It depends what you want. For me I am not a massive fan of TS but I had two concerts on two of my four nights on 52nd st so it was handy.

The hotel is definitely not worth it's premium prices, not a chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.