Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by wideman
And you chose CP instead of IC because...?
because i'm not ambassador and from what I had read CP would give me more perks then IC
Old Dec 29, 2015, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA (OW) - Silver (Sapphire), HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Platinum. Falling!!
Just checked in here, no recognition of status as said Base on reservation and even after I showed a screenshot on ihg.com took 15 minutes and then nothing happened except a free bottle of water (which the seal was broken on) and some discounted breakfast vouchers but not enough for all of us (there are 4 of us staying 3 nights and we got 6). No change to room once realised platinum (she said it was good already but doesn't appear to be anything special) and no free drink vouchers. Internet has taken us 20 minites to get connected. Not a great start at all, not pleased
Old Dec 30, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by joecooljoe
Just checked in here, no recognition of status as said Base on reservation and even after I showed a screenshot on ihg.com took 15 minutes and then nothing happened except a free bottle of water (which the seal was broken on) and some discounted breakfast vouchers but not enough for all of us (there are 4 of us staying 3 nights and we got 6). No change to room once realised platinum (she said it was good already but doesn't appear to be anything special) and no free drink vouchers. Internet has taken us 20 minites to get connected. Not a great start at all, not pleased
Interesting, I stayed there last week and had no problems. I received breakfast vouchers for entire party and 600 welcome points. This was also just a rewards stay.
Old Jul 21, 2016, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Used the incredible 50,000 points to get a room for the night last week.
Hotel is on Broadway at 48th street, awesome location.

As a Spire I was greeted warmly, and was upgraded to the top floor (46) with a corner room view. Surprising large (ish) room for a major city. Magnificent!

Two bottles of water in the room, 600 welcome points also given.
The hotel has no lounge, so we were given two coupons that reduced the buffet from $35 to $10.

The room did have a refrigerator, and late checkout was 1PM. Instead of parking in the hotel parking lot - $70 no in and out privileges, I found a garage for $42 for a 24 hour period 2 blocks away.

Steep amount of points, but they did make me feel special for the rare time I was traveling with Mrs. Thumper.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What in the world does the service fee cover? Free wifi and gym access are available to anyone who joins the loyalty program so what are they charging for? Is it waived for all loyalty members or just elites?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Read the entire thread, but need some friendly help. I want to book my anniversary night either at IC Times Square or this hotel. Platinum. If there is a remote possibility I get free breakfast or lounge, I would book here. But posts state that lounge might be closed. Thanks.
Old Sep 28, 2016, 11:19 am

Stayed here this past weekend on points. I have Platinum status, which was recognized at check in.

Had the choice of points (600 I think) or 2 free drink tickets at the bar as amenity.

There is no lounge. Platinum status got me vouchers for discounted breakfast buffet (discounted to $10/person, regular $36/person) in the restaurant. Buffet is plentiful and reasonably tasty; they'll make you an omelette if you're not into scrambled eggs.

Room was on 37th floor & not on the street which was as per my request. Never heard street sounds or any other noises in our room - actually, I don't even remember seeing any people on the floor all weekend. I don't have any idea whether the room was an upgrade - it was large by NYC standards/standard by any other city with two double (not queen!) beds, desk, & chair. We needed two beds rather than a king, so this may have limited what the check in clerk could do with respect to an upgrade. No fridge or microwave in the room - I didn't expect one but others in this thread have inquired so I thought I'd mention it. We didn't check out the pool but read in the in-room literature that it is a lap pool only (e.g. don't bring the kids there to splash around!)

Internet service perfectly adequate for basic web surfing and email. Video streaming worked fine one night and not so well the second. I paid no extra fees for the internet service; not sure if that's because of the Platinum status or if it's free for everyone.

Staff was fine - not overly warm, but respectful and efficient. The concierge desk has a hand out listing how to get to many NYC attractions from the hotel using the subway system, which was really helpful.

Last edited by DarcyMae; Sep 28, 2016 at 7:17 pm
Old Oct 19, 2016, 1:36 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Platinum; Used IHG Chase card annual certificate.
Upgraded to corner room, North East views, floor 40. Spacious King bed.
No early check in, late checkout 1pm.
Breakfast voucher two coupons that reduced the buffet from $35 to $10. Buffet was decent, with made to order items ordered directly to waiter. Sat by window, corner, great view of TS. Smoked Salmon, fresh fruit, juice, Omelette, Smoked Gouda.
Choice of 600 points or 2 free drink tickets at the bar as welcome amenity.
In terms of noise, at floor 40, I could faintly hear cars at night, at 9am on a Sunday, loud jack hammering!
Overall satisfied, great for my friend's first time to NY.
Old Oct 19, 2016, 8:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, Shangri La Jade
Staying here for 2 nights. IHG Gold.

2 drinks vouchers given. which although marked as beer/wine only, the barman said we could have whatever we wanted (Within reason!).
The rooms are a bit tired tbh and I'm not a fan of the small windows.
I've had to be moved from the 38th to the 27th floor as the wifi on the 38th was absymal. I couldn't even get webpages to load! Much better down here (about 6mb down/7mb up).
Did get a comped breakfast as a result though.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by sarahluv
Staying here for 2 nights. IHG Gold.

The rooms are a bit tired tbh and I'm not a fan of the small windows.
I guess rooms vary, mine was modern and in great shape and had a lot of windows, it was a corner room, and all the walls had large windows
Old Jan 6, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
CP Times Square

2 reward nights between Christmas and New Year when things are crowded/busy as they will ever be.
Booked double, got corner double on high floor with excellent view. Room was larger than previous stay when we were supposedly upgraded. At check in clerk said "not going to upgrade you becasue the only difference is the sheets and this room is lots better." She was absolutely right.
Perks: No Exec lounge. As Plat got coupons for buffet breakfast for $10 (usual price $35) plus two welcome drinks in bar (beer, wine)
Amenities: Free WiFi worked well. Free access to great gym on 15th floor - expansive, clean, loads of options for equipment, weights, sauna and clean showers. Bring your own lock.
Overall: staff was consistently pleasant and efficient despite the press of the crowds. Breakfast buffet eggs were dry but otherwise a very nice spread.
Location is nice as it is not right in the middle of the TS zoo, easy walk to a couple subway stations, theaters, Rockefeller Center, etc.
A very pleasant stay!
Old Jan 7, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
Did they waive the resort fee for you?
Old Jan 14, 2017, 11:20 pm

Programs: CO OnePass; AAdvantage Dirt; IHG Priority Club Plat; Hyatt Plat; Marriott Gold; Avis PresPref;
Uh...

what resort fee?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's an insidious practice. Here's a list of hotels in New York that have this 'resort fees' scam:

http://www.resortfeechecker.com/hote...w_york_ny.html

Check this out too:

http://thegate.boardingarea.com/help...t-resort-fees/

Thanks to Raffles over at headforpoints.
Old Mar 29, 2017, 11:26 pm

Is breakfast or lounge access provided for Spire Ambassador status? I've seen a few reports that you get a reduced rate of $10 breakfast buffet? That's seriously disappointing. I'm staying Fri-Sat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.