Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2012, 1:57 pm

Stayed there in may.

Despite emailing and then asking at the desk, no free breakfast. We did however get a (sort of) times square view room and had free wifi during our stay.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 3:37 pm

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by factory81
Anyone got any updates on what will be given to platinum members?

Free breakfast? Drink vouchers? Free wifi?

Also can anyone comment on how hard it is to get a times square view room?
I'll be staying there for 3 nights, starting 5 weeks today (9 August)

I wrote to them ages ago and they have given me complimentary breakfast in the 5th floor Concierge Lounge, complimentary access to the fitness centre and free wifi

When I stayed there almost 2 years ago I had a Times Square view on the 20th floor and didn't ask for it
Old Jul 6, 2012, 1:14 pm

For a one night stay as a Platinum member using the Visa night, would those who have stayed at both recommend this hotel or the IC Times Square?
Old Jul 6, 2012, 2:29 pm

Originally Posted by Bloobell
I'll be staying there for 3 nights, starting 5 weeks today (9 August)

I wrote to them ages ago and they have given me complimentary breakfast in the 5th floor Concierge Lounge, complimentary access to the fitness centre and free wifi

When I stayed there almost 2 years ago I had a Times Square view on the 20th floor and didn't ask for it
So you suggest e-mailing them ahead of time to have them add lounge, fitness, breakfast, and wifi to the room reservation? I suppose its noted right on the reservation then?
Old Jul 8, 2012, 2:58 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I have a reservation for next year:

Club Lounge Package - 2 DBL BEDS CORNER ROOM.

"One of the best values in Times Square, this package offers daily access to our Concierge Lounge where complimentary continental breakfast is served daily in addition to drinks and snacks in both the afternoon and evening.Package also includes complimentary in room wireless Internet access "

As a Platinum, I probably should have booked the room without Club Lounge access, as I would be given this anyway, from what I have read of recent experienced?

I also see rooms desribed as "concierge" - KING BED CONCIERGE ROOM

"From the top floors you have a view....access to concierge lounge. With continental Breakfast daily free wired and wifi access...."

Seems to be the same as the Club package, although there is a slight difference in rate.

The rate for the room that I booked has increased from $379 to $499 per night plus tax over the last few months, so I think I have a good deal. I guess I should keep my booking.

Am I likely to be upgraded and if so, to what type of room?
Any additional Platinum benefits (that I am not already paying for )?

Thank you.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Completely agree...

At 25K was bookable without batting and eyelid... Now, at 35K, it is something that has to be thought about...
A bit OT...but having stayed at the staybridge around the corner...hasn't the 'thrill' gone out of the CP in TS...after all, new rooms, a reasonable brekky, internet and evening drinks all in...without the 'can I have some more please' on the front desk scenario..just my thoughts
Old Jul 8, 2012, 6:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by drdanielmacdonald
A bit OT...but having stayed at the staybridge around the corner...hasn't the 'thrill' gone out of the CP in TS...after all, new rooms, a reasonable brekky, internet and evening drinks all in...without the 'can I have some more please' on the front desk scenario..just my thoughts
Each to their own...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by drdanielmacdonald
While OT I had to check out what you were talking about and woah...free drinks, breakfast and internet.....

I will be a little disappointed if I have to twist arms over these "trivial" amenities. God forbid you try and act like a world class hotel?
Old Jul 9, 2012, 5:51 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
So you suggest e-mailing them ahead of time to have them add lounge, fitness, breakfast, and wifi to the room reservation? I suppose its noted right on the reservation then?
Most certainly
Old Jul 28, 2012, 11:01 pm

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
I spent four nights there this week and was upgraded to a corner room on the 43rd floor overlooking Times Square.

It was good value for money even at 35000 points as the room was going for $530.00 per night.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by davidrnz
I spent four nights there this week and was upgraded to a corner room on the 43rd floor overlooking Times Square.

It was good value for money even at 35000 points as the room was going for $530.00 per night.
Can't wait. 2 and a half weeks for me. I want to see what staying at a Crowne Plaza is all about (at a flagship hotel of theirs nevertheless). Plus I want to see how far my Priority Club Platinum status will get me. It hasn't really yielded me anything of value thus far. Now we have 2 platinum's on this stay and I feel convinced I will get some sort of red carpet treatment.

We got the "Deluxe Room" which was a 25k reward redemption (we booked it before the rates went up).
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Now we have 2 platinum's on this stay and I feel convinced I will get some sort of red carpet treatment.
I think you're getting yourself just a little bit over excited here, which could lead to disappointment.

The experiences are very mixed at this property so expect nothing and be pleasantly surprised when/if you do get special treatment.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 3:20 am

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
I've said it before but it appears that whether you get an upgrade there on a points stay is totally dependent on who checks you in ... and probably what sort of mood they are in.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 1:30 pm

Went there in June and would really add to what the able posters are saying. You really should not expect any special treatment. Free wifi and maybe an upgrade would be it.

It's a busy hotel nd I would be surprised if they even notice or care that you are plat.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 7:17 pm

I always stay at the CP in Times Square when I'm in NYC for business. I booked a room for October (King Traditional).

I always email the hotel right after I book asking for an upgrade. In my experience if you are nice and ask, they will usually work with you. I'm a platinum member, and I got upgraded to a Times Square view.

It doesn't hurt to email them. The worst they can say is no

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.