Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2011, 2:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I'll be staying at the hotel on cash plus points for a couple of nights next week. In the notes, I requested highest floor, quiet, far from elevator, corner room. The reservations says Hudson River view.

Anything also I might want to email the hotel about, in terms of specific floor, location, what side of the hotel to stay on, etc?

Thanks for any help!
The higher the better. Times Square view is stunning and hotel's major asset.
Ask at check-in to make sure to get such a room.

You may send an email but room allocation is made upon availability.
Old Oct 20, 2011, 9:41 am

Programs: US,PC
Originally Posted by Thunderroad
I'll be staying at the hotel on cash plus points for a couple of nights next week. In the notes, I requested highest floor, quiet, far from elevator, corner room. The reservations says Hudson River view.

Anything also I might want to email the hotel about, in terms of specific floor, location, what side of the hotel to stay on, etc?

Thanks for any help!
I think Times square view would be better idea. Hudson river view should have lot of buildings in between with a partial view of hudson.

Had both on West and East side. East side was better since it was corner room with a view of Times Square.

Dracs
Old Oct 20, 2011, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Thanks!
Old Oct 23, 2011, 11:00 pm

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
Just checked in at CP Times Square. Got the room I booked on points with no apparent recognition of Platinum status. I asked for a room overlooking Times Square and was told "we've got you one on a high floor with a Hudson River view" ... which is what I booked ... maybe the high floor was an upgrade?

No complaints about the room though.

Quite different from last night in San Francisco
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hh Gold, NH*G, SPGP, SQ-CC
Originally Posted by davidrnz
Just checked in at CP Times Square. Got the room I booked on points with no apparent recognition of Platinum status. I asked for a room overlooking Times Square and was told "we've got you one on a high floor with a Hudson River view" ... which is what I booked ... maybe the high floor was an upgrade?

No complaints about the room though.

Quite different from last night in San Francisco
No breakfast and wifi as reported earlier by other members?
Old Oct 24, 2011, 8:21 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I stayed at this Hotel this time last year (2 rooms on Points) and got free breakfast and free wi-fi for BOTH rooms.

I cannot praise the Hotel highly enough and cannot wait to stay there again 9-12 August 2012 as part of a 19 day trip to New York and Los Angeles
Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:38 am

Programs: BMI/SQ/AFKL/PC RAmbo®/Oyster/B&Q
Originally Posted by Bloobell
I stayed at this Hotel this time last year (2 rooms on Points) and got free breakfast and free wi-fi for BOTH rooms.

I cannot praise the Hotel highly enough and cannot wait to stay there again 9-12 August 2012 as part of a 19 day trip to New York and Los Angeles

Absolutely ! Its a veritable gem which certainly rewards priority club loyalty
Old Oct 24, 2011, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Not to mention an absolute bargain when using points. Compared to prices if paying cash, you are getting a really good deal, especially at certain times of year when the $ price is high for rooms.
Old Oct 24, 2011, 7:29 pm

Programs: NZ *E, Hilton Diamond, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, Amex Platinum, Accor Advantage Plus
No breakfast and wifi as reported earlier by other members?
Nope, nothing. Hotel is nice though.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 3:28 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
I stayed there on points this time last year too - definitely no breakfast or lounge on awards nights for me, but did receive a nice upgrade to a TS view and got free internet. All in all a great stay, but breakfast and lounge would have made it excellent.

I wonder if it depends upon whether you check in at the PC check-in (if there is one?), as to whether you get the extra benefits? I didn't because I was tired and I just went to the first free check-in agent I could see.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 4:17 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
I e-mailed them in advance and they said they would give me breakfast and wi-fi for MY room in advance.

As they were saving me a mint I took some nice Scottish produce as a gift (bottle of malt, big haggis and traditional shortbread) and they then did likewise for the additional room, without being prompted.

The bar staff were also very generous but then I was also tipping them very well so fair's fair I suppose
Old Oct 25, 2011, 6:29 am

Programs: IC Platinum Ambassador, Fairmont President's Club, AC Altitude Elite 50K
Originally Posted by AMDB7
I stayed there on points this time last year too - definitely no breakfast or lounge on awards nights for me, but did receive a nice upgrade to a TS view and got free internet. All in all a great stay, but breakfast and lounge would have made it excellent.

I wonder if it depends upon whether you check in at the PC check-in (if there is one?), as to whether you get the extra benefits? I didn't because I was tired and I just went to the first free check-in agent I could see.
There is a PC check-in desk (it was on the far left) . I used it when staying on points this past July 1 - 3 and I was given lounge, wi-fi and room upgrade. I did however, e-mail the hotel prior to arriving.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I e-mailed before hand and also used the PC desk to check in...

If I had checked in and not been told of any benefits, I may have asked. But maybe that is just me.
Old Oct 25, 2011, 11:34 am

Programs: IC Spire Amb, Hilton, Marriott, BA, VA.
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
I e-mailed before hand and also used the PC desk to check in...

If I had checked in and not been told of any benefits, I may have asked. But maybe that is just me.
I did ask - I was told about my upgraded view room and free internet, but no mention of breakfast or lounge. I then specifically asked about the lounge but was declined free access by the check-in agent. Given this was a points stay and I wasn't, strictly speaking, entitled to the upgrade or internet I didn't push it.

Guess I will take the time to find the PC check-in desk next time! But still had a nice stay there, as I said.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:26 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
just checked in on points. Free wifi and lounge access as plt.

But 1) the lounge is being refurbished and as such it is now located in a room behind check in, 2) it is not open during the day, and 3) when the real lounge does reopen on i believe the 5th floor, there will be no "free" alcohol [missed if she said no free alcohol or no alcohol - long day so far for me]

Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.