Link to hotel
http://www.cpmanhattantimessquare.com/
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/new-york/nycmh/hoteldetail

Experience Thread
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27471119-post205.html

Archive Thread of this hotel
Post prior to January 2011
Print Wikipost

Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: QF, LM, AA,VA Silver, Qatar, Accor Gold, CC Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott B Plat
Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Well I see some BRG rates that would get it to $200/night. So it's a good hotel status notwithstanding but only at these more reasonable rates.
If you see some BRG rates...then you should get the room for free...PM me if you would like to swap websites.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:50 am

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat, Club Carlson G, SAS S
does anyone have any up to date experience of the platinum benefits for points stays at this hotel please

Eyeing up potential couple of nights in April
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by drspear
does anyone have any up to date experience of the platinum benefits for points stays at this hotel please

Eyeing up potential couple of nights in April
I stayed there in the last week of August for two days on points: Please read here.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by cazane
I stayed there in the last week of August for two days on points: Please read here.
Thanks very much, so no club lounge, and no free breakfast, pretty much confirms that the Staybridge is the better choice with their sundowners, free breakfast and lower points per night ( 35000 )

Appreciate the feedback
Old Feb 16, 2014, 5:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Any recent experience at this property?

What should I expect (or not...) as Platinum booking a Deluxe room on a regular rate (not points)?
Old Feb 16, 2014, 7:17 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by clubman

What should I expect (or not...) as Platinum booking a Deluxe room on a regular rate (not points)?
I've stayed there twice and both times was upgraded.

First time I got free breakfast and second time I got access to the Club Lounge, which was pretty basic but still excellent for free.

Fantastic hotel in a great location and I'm staying there again next year when I take the whole family to NYC for the first time
Old Feb 16, 2014, 9:10 am

I have stayed on the annual free stay here in 2012 and 2013 in the late summer. I also have been at the HI on 57th street, and the IC on 44th street (Times Square).

IC is closer to the subway by only a small amount compared to the CP. HI is the furthest away by a good amount.

The CP is great with giving you benefits for your platinum status. Ask them for the 44th floor corner room. You will tower over Times Square. Free wifi, breakfast, welcome drink coupons, etc can all be offered. Late check-out and early check-in is no problem either.

The rooms are bright and feel fresh compared to the HI. IC is right on par here, and a little nicer.

The energy at this hotel is amazing and almost always non-stop. That is one thing this hotel has going for it.
Old Feb 16, 2014, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Thanks guys.

I have stayed there before (must have been about 3-4 years ago) and got good treatment, nice room, access to breakfast at what was then a temporary lounge on the lobby level.

Do they actually have a proper lounge these days?
Old Feb 17, 2014, 3:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle

Do they actually have a proper lounge these days?
I was wondering the exact same question as there is no more mention of club/concierge floor room
Old Feb 17, 2014, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nicolas75
there is no more mention of club/concierge floor room
Indeed, the only choice of rooms these days seems to be between a Standard and a Deluxe.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 2:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Guys,

Any advice on the best room to book as Platinum? Options are Times Square View, Deluxe (what ever that means) and City View which is actually more expensive than the first two options...

If I booked a TS View am I likely to be upgraded to a Corner room? I can't remember what I booked last time (must have been 4 years ago or so) but I was given a Hudson River View on 40 something floor.

Also, if I book two rooms under my name should they both be upgraded?

Thanks.
Old Mar 15, 2014, 6:58 am

Guys,

Any advice on the best room to book as Platinum? Options are Times Square View, Deluxe (what ever that means) and City View which is actually more expensive than the first two options...

If I booked a TS View am I likely to be upgraded to a Corner room? I can't remember what I booked last time (must have been 4 years ago or so) but I was given a Hudson River View on 40 something floor.

Also, if I book two rooms under my name should they both be upgraded?

Thanks.
yeh we booked city view when presented with those options for 16-18 April stay upcoming.

Same logic, less people will choose that so more chance of upgrade
Old Mar 22, 2014, 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by nicolas75
I was wondering the exact same question as there is no more mention of club/concierge floor room
There was a club and concierge floor I thought. I thought floor 44 was concierge maybe, and I thought there was a club on floor like 20?
Old Mar 23, 2014, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by factory81
There was a club and concierge floor I thought. I thought floor 44 was concierge maybe, and I thought there was a club on floor like 20?
The Club lounge I remember was on floor 46 or something, right at the very top, you get an awesome view
Old Mar 23, 2014, 10:12 pm

Having stayed there last week, on the top floor, I'm fairly sure that there's no club lounge now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.