FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza Times Square (Master Thread)
Old Jan 7, 2012, 3:21 pm
BingBongBoy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by factory81
Staybridge Suides is 20k when the same room goes for $380

Candlewood is 15k or $256

The point per $ ratio is better with those 2 hotels, yet this Crowne Plaza is a good deal? Is the location/atmosphere/hotel that much cooler? I am thinking of doing a weekend in NYC and this might be the place to be.
In my opinion, and I stress that it is just that, my own... The location could not be more central. You walk out of the door and you are standing right on Broadway, one short block down into Times Square. If you have a Times Square view room, it is simply stunning. Also, it is, by my experience of NY hotels a very decent standard. I have stayed a few times and it has always been clean, well maintained, staff are efficient with a little more courtesy that I would have expected from a large NY hotel.

The benefits of Platinum are good, breakfast/lounge access, free internet etc...

I just think it is a solid property for the current 25K. And, when we were there in October, looking at it in price terms, Advanced Purchase standard king was almost $460 a night plus tax, so over $500 a night... We were there 3 nights, so a dam good deal.

A brilliant property for people who want to be right in the middle of things, yet a big enough, and tall enough hotel that it does not cause noise problems, well, any more than any other hotel in NYC I would imagine.

Last edited by BingBongBoy; Jan 7, 2012 at 3:30 pm