Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:43 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Singaraja rooms have a rubbish little area that is not really a club.

The club rooms are far nicer and the club can not be compared to the singaraja area.

I would make best use of that amb cert and book a suite.

You will get an upgrade too.

Remember free airport transfers are included with club rooms and suites.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 7:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by htb
Interesting place, that BALI. The low tide always comes in the afternoon... Did you notice anything suspicuous about the moon as well?

HTB.
Hmm did I get something wrong? Sorry a bit slow today. Actually there is a low tide around 4-6am, high tide around 11am-12pm, low tide again around 5-6pm and then again high tide around 11pm-12am.

Ohh yes the strange thing is that the moon shows up at night time only - odd one ehh

Either way, swimming is fine.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:22 am

Programs: UA Premier Gold (*G), IHG Platinum & Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by dewby

The club rooms are far nicer and the club can not be compared to the singaraja area.
Area is a pretty apt description. It's like the Air Berlin Exklusiver Wartebereich compared to what you'd expect of a Business Class lounge in that you get a few snacks and drinks but little else.

That said the Singaraja Duplex (the standard Ambassador upgrade from a Singaraja Room) was very nice and given breakfast was included in the rate an additional US$100 per night wasn't worth it for Club benefits.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
OK, finally made 2 reservations, First Night booked the Club Room. 2nd and 3rd booked 1 KING CLUB INTERCONTINENTAL DUPLEX.

Lets see what upgrade we get.

I want the same room we had last year, with direct access to Club Pool.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 2:10 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum

I found the Singaraja rooms (duplex) to be identical to the Club rooms -- with the exception of the toiletries.

The "rubbish little area" is a small sitting area inside one of the buildings with all-day soft drinks, juice, fruits and cookies. We found it perfectly adequate. It's not a "CLUB", but I don't really see $100++ of value for the club rooms versus a Singaraja with breakfast.

HTB.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So I got a response from the hotel:

Dear Mr. Djjaguar,

Warmest greetings from Bali!

Thank you for your email to Mr. XXX and I take a liberty to reply on his behalf, as he is currently away on business trip.

We have noticed that you have two separate bookings:
- 4 - 5 June booked Club InterContinental Room (upgraded to Club Duplex Suite)
- 5 - 7 June booked Club Duplex Suite (upgraded to Balinese Suite)

We have 2 Balinese Suites and both suites are located on 3rd & 4th floor. We can upgrade your accommodation from 4th June until 7th June to Balinese Suite.

Unfortunately we have sold out the suites on the 1st floor, Uluwatu Suite on the 2nd floor is still available and happy to extending a special additional supplement of USD 25++ per night.

I now booked a Suite(changed my reservation) for the last 2 days, lets see what happens.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 11:21 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Uluwatu suite is great. You won't be disappointed. Ground floor is nice if you like access to the pool without stairs. The view is better though from highr floors so preference is everything. I would take an uluwatu suite for $25 extra a day.

The Bali suites are nice but have a strange bath room but also very nice.

On the singraja, I disagree that it can be compared to the club. The facilities alone make it the poor cousin. No club pool access, no evening cocktails by the pool or lounge. No ability to have breakfast in every dining facility, no limo airport transfer. All these things add up.

Cocktails are also free in the main bar on the beach from 5 to 8 pm if I recall correctly.

The little area with regard to the singraja I talk about is basically an area between buildings that is open as a walk way so can not be classed as a club or a Vip amenity at all and should not be thought of as that. One could argue that a basic room is just as good and also cheaper.

My view and it is only 1 is that the club at the IC Bali is the way to go and the suites really are good value in relation to what you get for your buck.

You will have a great time.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:13 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
I would also instantly take the 25$ upsell offer to Uluwatu.
They're also in a much better location near the beach and pool rather than at the back of the hotel near the club.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I altered my reservation from from Club Duplex Suite to the next level. Now they have allocated me the Uluwatu Suite.
So Uluwatu is better than Balinese?
Old Mar 5, 2015, 11:02 am

DJ.

Great news for you a very good deal.

The uluwatu suite is far better than the Balinese suite. I normally book the Bali suite for the upgrade to uluwatu as it is a great upgrade.

You will love it.

Large entry hall opening into a large full sized room with a dining table and tv watching area. Nice white shutters and a huge balcony probably about 25m long.

The bedroom also great and a wonderful bathroom.

You can not fail to enjoy this suite. It's pretty smart and then the great club offerings.

Let us know how it goes but I am already envious.

I will sample the IC at Danang this year which from which I have heard is comparable or maybe a little better than the Ic Bali.
Old Mar 5, 2015, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DJ.

Great news for you a very good deal.

The uluwatu suite is far better than the Balinese suite. I normally book the Bali suite for the upgrade to uluwatu as it is a great upgrade.

You will love it.

Large entry hall opening into a large full sized room with a dining table and tv watching area. Nice white shutters and a huge balcony probably about 25m long.

The bedroom also great and a wonderful bathroom.

You can not fail to enjoy this suite. It's pretty smart and then the great club offerings.

Let us know how it goes but I am already envious.

I will sample the IC at Danang this year which from which I have heard is comparable or maybe a little better than the Ic Bali.

I sure will write another report. Interestingly they have not upgraded the first day to Uluwatu,lol, I'll see what they have to say closer to arrival. I sent a letter to the GM of the property.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have no clue what this person is talking about, as I changed my room reservation online and they had upgraded me to Uluwatu, now they want a supplement to go to the Uluwatu suite again??? Oh, now I get it. They want to charge me US$25++ to upgrade my first night. I refuse to, I expect them to upgrade all 3 nights as a goodwill gesture, after I have the hotel a raving review and after the hassle from my last years trip. Geez!!

Good morning!

Thank you for your reply, well noted that you have amended the reservation as below:

- 5 - 7 June booked Balinese Suite (upgraded to Uluwatu Suite)

Kindly let us know your kind acceptance of USD 25++ supplement (1 night) to get triple upgrade to Uluwatu Suite on 2nd floor.

Unfortunately the Uluwatu Suite on the 1st floor has been booked by other guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in June, please let us know the flight details once available for return airport transfers arrangement.

Thank you & best regards,

Last edited by djjaguar64; Mar 6, 2015 at 6:35 am
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:45 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Aiyoh the penny pinching approach by the regular reservations guys. Just ask him to escalate to a manager for review and to get in touch with you. This is outside of normal t&c and the guy is not authorized to upgrade your first night plus probably doesn't even realize you stayed before and had issues then too. I always have to get things sorted that way. Don't waste your time with normal reservations staff.

Uluwatu suite is definitely nice and the way to go. I booked it too in late May on FWNC and secured upgrade to Jimbaran suite.

Cheers ...
Old Mar 8, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I have no clue what this person is talking about, as I changed my room reservation online and they had upgraded me to Uluwatu, now they want a supplement to go to the Uluwatu suite again??? Oh, now I get it. They want to charge me US$25++ to upgrade my first night. I refuse to, I expect them to upgrade all 3 nights as a goodwill gesture, after I have the hotel a raving review and after the hassle from my last years trip. Geez!!

Good morning!

Thank you for your reply, well noted that you have amended the reservation as below:

- 5 - 7 June booked Balinese Suite (upgraded to Uluwatu Suite)

Kindly let us know your kind acceptance of USD 25++ supplement (1 night) to get triple upgrade to Uluwatu Suite on 2nd floor.

Unfortunately the Uluwatu Suite on the 1st floor has been booked by other guest.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Resort in June, please let us know the flight details once available for return airport transfers arrangement.

Thank you & best regards,
I'm a little confused, though -why did you book a regular club room your first night? And still, since you booked a club room, and are paying the lower rate, $25 seems like a pretty nominal amount to get the triple upgrade to the Ulawatu.

I booked the Club duplex, and as an Ambassador, got the one level upgrade to the Bali Suite, which I thought was fine. I would have been happy to pay an additional $25 to get the Ulawatu Suite, but this was CNY, and they were all booked up.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 7:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
I'm a little confused, though -why did you book a regular club room your first night? And still, since you booked a club room, and are paying the lower rate, $25 seems like a pretty nominal amount to get the triple upgrade to the Ulawatu.

I booked the Club duplex, and as an Ambassador, got the one level upgrade to the Bali Suite, which I thought was fine. I would have been happy to pay an additional $25 to get the Ulawatu Suite, but this was CNY, and they were all booked up.
I initally tried to book all 3 nights using the AMB cert but the system did ot like that.
I then made 2 reservations and yes I intentionally booked the first night's room different from the other 2 nights. I wanted to test to see how much IHG properties values its repeat guests and their top tiers. That is will they upgrade to all 3 nights to the same upgrade level or would they play a game and leave you in 2 different rooms for the 3 nights.

Guess what, I am going to be in the Uluwatu Suite for all 3 nights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.