Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by demue
That is very decent rate for a Club room even considering that 21% get added in the end. You will get a Club Duplex assigned then for your stay. Nice though the bedroom / bathroom area is a bit smaller due to being up the stairs under the roof. You will have a sizeable living room area though. Enjoy.
Old Feb 17, 2016, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by jedicat666
Good choice ! I think you will love the club benefits. Be sure to catch an early good seat at the sunset bar for cocktail hour with a killer view
Club here is worth it 100%
Old Feb 17, 2016, 1:34 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Club upgrade

Made a two nights reservation with points. Asked for price to upgrade to club. Seems to be a lot more expensive now:

if you would like to have room upgrade to club room there will be additional charge at USD 150 +21%VAT/room/night inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons and club benefit.
Please kindly advice us if you accept our above offer, we are looking forward to hearing from you,
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Wita Handayani (Ms.)
Reservation Department
Old Feb 18, 2016, 4:01 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by cgnSenator
Made a two nights reservation with points. Asked for price to upgrade to club. Seems to be a lot more expensive now:
Since it is points booking, note here you are paying for 2 things. the first one is an upgrade to a club room. The second one is club access.

Unlike a paid stay, the complementary upgrade isnt there.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 5:11 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond
Since it is points booking, note here you are paying for 2 things. the first one is an upgrade to a club room. The second one is club access.

Unlike a paid stay, the complementary upgrade isnt there.
You are right, but what the reservation team in Bali always trying is boarderline.
Last christmas I had a payed sty for several days followed by a reward booking (ITN nights), also asked for club. At the last stay they gave me info that is will cost 60$++. This time they also quoted 150$. After I questioning this they offered 120$++. I found this still to be too much and offered 80$++, after two days they accepted. When you read here they always trying to game it, no upgrade availability etc.. This absolutely doesn't match to the rest of the hotel and staff and also makes the pre stay experience horrable.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yup inconsistent quotes for the upgrade to Club is a common occurrence unfortunately and while I don't want to claim it is on purpose it does leave a very poor impression of the sales / reservations department as I have also personally encountered this nonsense several times.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 9:20 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by fairchecker
You are right, but what the reservation team in Bali always trying is boarderline.
Last christmas I had a payed sty for several days followed by a reward booking (ITN nights), also asked for club. At the last stay they gave me info that is will cost 60$++. This time they also quoted 150$. After I questioning this they offered 120$++. I found this still to be too much and offered 80$++, after two days they accepted. When you read here they always trying to game it, no upgrade availability etc.. This absolutely doesn't match to the rest of the hotel and staff and also makes the pre stay experience horrable.
Yup inconsistent quotes for the upgrade to Club is a common occurrence unfortunately and while I don't want to claim it is on purpose it does leave a very poor impression of the sales / reservations department as I have also personally encountered this nonsense several times.
I agree, the pre-sales at this property has been very hit and miss. Unfortunate for such a serene property.

I'm not sure how the management works here, but my experience was very smooth with paid upgrades while talking to the club lounge manager on-site.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Good choice ! I think you will love the club benefits. Be sure to catch an early good seat at the sunset bar for cocktail hour with a killer view
That is very decent rate for a Club room even considering that 21% get added in the end. You will get a Club Duplex assigned then for hour stay. Nice though the bedroom / bathroom area is a bit smaller due to being up the stairs under the roof. You will have a sizeable living room area though. Enjoy.
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Club here is worth it 100%
Fantastic! Thanks all for the help - I'll report back in the next few weeks after the trip!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 12:03 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
We were also quoted a price of USD 150 +21%VAT/room/night to upgrade to a club room. Pretty steep if you ask me...
Do they also offer club lounge access for a fee (keeping the standard room - award stay)? And does anyone know the price for just breakfast?
I want to use some free award nights but at these prices the IC doesn't seem to be the best option...?
Old Mar 17, 2016, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by fairchecker
They can try to game it all they want. I always reach out to the GM to get things cleared up.
Old Mar 21, 2016, 10:44 pm

The GM or the Resort Manager? The actual GM doesn't seem to be around that much and is also overall responsible for all the Bali IHG properties IIRC. Nonetheless, the Resort Manager seems to be akin to a GM role and yes he is good and can resolve / smoothen things out.

Regarding the price quoted for Club upgrade, one point to consider is whether it is high / peak season or rather low season. I can understand that the price for a Club room upgrade increases when the property is very well booked up and room rates are generally quite high. For example, in July / August period I notice Club room rates (Best Flex) hit 450-500++ US$ a night (Classic around 250-280++ US$) and the usual gap between Classic - Singaraja - Singaraja Duplex - Club rooms also increased.

During low season (e.g. November) you may be able to score a Club room in the low 210++ US$ range with Classic rooms at times priced down all the way to like 120++ US$. Hence, in this low period I think the 60-80$ range is realistic while during high season one can't quite blame them to want to charge more. I asked in Nov 2015 and was offered 120++ US$ which I declined as too expensive given the resort was barely half full. I managed to take advantage of a special room promotion that got me upgraded into Club and chose that instead of points plus paid upgrade. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Mar 21, 2016 at 10:57 pm
Old May 21, 2016, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can anyone pm me with contact info of anyone capable of answering simple questions?

Three times i asked if duplex/regular room connector can be confirmed and if paid singaraja can be confirmed into duplex at booking and instead i get replies with room rates.
As rates are nonrefundable i need to get this answered before booking...
Old May 23, 2016, 6:44 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by azepine00
Three times i asked if duplex/regular room connector can be confirmed and if paid singaraja can be confirmed into duplex at booking and instead i get replies with room rates.
As rates are nonrefundable i need to get this answered before booking...
I'm not sure I understand your question...

HTB.
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:51 am

breakfast cost

hi
for those having yet stayed there on points, do you know how much they charge for breakfast ?
on a side note, i am evaluating if there are worthwile attractions nearby the sites . Only interested by cultural things, no bar/nightclubs :-)
Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
I wanted to know the exact same thing (was planning to book some reward nights and pay for breakfast once there). I have been emailing with them a few days and the answer I got every time again was that "You can't book/pay for breakfast separate on a reward night and that you will have to book a bf included rate if you want to eat breakfast". They just don't seem to understand what I mean and after 3 emails I gave up and booked elsewhere. I am now using my reward nights somewhere else...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.