Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
They say all kinds of things to everyone. They even tried to upgrade me for $25USD to the same room for 3 nights I declined and they backed off.
Old Jul 3, 2015, 6:53 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
IC Bali Master Thread [merged]

We stayed 6 nights on our ffn here.
Upgraded to singaraja room.
No further upgrade possible as next categorie was not available.
Recieved 2 free balinese massage in the Villa instead (gold and plat ambassador)
Also 25% discount on food.
Had breakfast a few times but food is expensive in the hotel.
We had nice dinner outside,a lot of walkable restaurants.
I recommend Kats Kitchen...very good and cheap Thai food.
Old Jul 6, 2015, 4:19 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Sfcalling
Hi all,

Don't know if this page is the right place for this but here goes. Book a club room for 3 nights at IC Bali, they replied saying that the next available upgrade is not available as the rooms are all taken up and they will give me a US150++ discount instead. I checked online, and the club suite is actually available for booking. Strange. Does this happen often?
I had this very same situation a few weeks ago. In my case I had booked Club Duplex and was told that the Balinese Suite was not available for my nights and that I can pay 35$ per night to get an Uluwatu Suite which was the exact rate difference between the two suites or get x$ (don't recall amount, but was pretty much the exact rate difference) reduction in rate and get Club room.

So tell me how it is your problem as a guest that the next higher category is sold out? They can upgrade you to a higher room category (suite in this case) without charge or upgrade someone else who has a Club Duplex and allocate you that room.

I mean sure try the upsell and some folks may take it, but we are entitled to a one-category upgrade as AMBs as per T&Cs and that is all we are asking for. How the property manages the inventory and the upgrades can't be the guest's problem.

In my case I pushed back on the "penny pinching ways" and raised it up to management (as usual) and got an Uluwatu Suite assigned (2-level upgrade) though we actually ended up in a Bukit Suite (4-level upgrade) in the end which was very nice. However, that part I call luck, if a Balinese Suite would have opened up and was assigned to me, I would have been happy with that too as that was what I could realistically expect.

Last edited by demue; Jul 6, 2015 at 11:02 am
Old Jul 6, 2015, 7:17 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

I think they are really doing it often trying to upsell and not giving free upgrades.
As we were on award I was happy with it but would request propper upgrade when on paid stay.
Anywayvery nice propperty!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 6:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Contact info

Potentially staying here for five nights and been reading through this thread. Many people refer to discussions (arguments?!) with management re rooms/upgrades. I've been emailing [email protected] and
[email protected], but seem to get replies from staff that don't really 'think out of the box'.

Can anyone share contact info for someone in management at the IC Bali? If I can negotiate a reasonable paid upgrade, we'll stay here over the Grand Hyatt.

Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 54austin
Potentially staying here for five nights and been reading through this thread. Many people refer to discussions (arguments?!) with management re rooms/upgrades. I've been emailing [email protected] and
[email protected], but seem to get replies from staff that don't really 'think out of the box'.

Can anyone share contact info for someone in management at the IC Bali? If I can negotiate a reasonable paid upgrade, we'll stay here over the Grand Hyatt.

Thank you in advance!
I can but unfortunately will not be able to divulge the contacts name. You are right, in staff cannot usually think outside the box because they are conditioned to sell, sell, sell. They are afraid to be chastised if they say something that is outside of their training.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:05 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
I do think that the staff were slightly more creative a couple years ago.

Either they can't think outside the box, or they are not allowed to as much now. I lean to the latter, but I don't really know. As with a lot of hotels, crafting a more personal relationship with staff definitely helps.

Last edited by MagicWok; Jul 8, 2015 at 10:42 am
Old Jul 8, 2015, 8:57 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I can but unfortunately will not be able to divulge the contacts name.
+1. However, I can recommend to state your point / request in a clear and polite manner and request it be escalated for management review and consideration. That usually gets it pushed to the higher level where some additional decision making power lies. Normal staff operate within confined guidelines so it would be a waste of time to try to settle it at that level.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by demue
+1. However, I can recommend to state your point / request in a clear and polite manner and request it be escalated for management review and consideration. That usually gets it pushed to the higher level where some additional decision making power lies. Normal staff operate within confined guidelines so it would be a waste of time to try to settle it at that level.
Very helpful. Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:05 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Originally Posted by MagicWok
I do think that the staff were slightly more creative a couple years ago.

Either they can't think outside the box, or they are not allowed to as much now. I lean to the latter, but I don't really know. As with a lot of hotels, crafting a more personal relationship with staff definitely helps.
MagicWok, I noted yr review of the hotel in the ambassador thread. Can you tell me a bit more about the Spa. You said it was good value. This will be a highlight for me on my trip there soon, I like to be pampered in pleasant surroundings. Massages on the beach are not for me.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Susiew237
MagicWok, I noted yr review of the hotel in the ambassador thread. Can you tell me a bit more about the Spa. You said it was good value. This will be a highlight for me on my trip there soon, I like to be pampered in pleasant surroundings. Massages on the beach are not for me.
The SPA is over priced really, I mean I was offered a discount but after you add the taxes it did not make sense if I got the discount. I had massages everyday across the hotel at 1/4 the price.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 9:29 am

We used Bliss around 10 minutes away - very good massages.
Around 10 dollar for 2 hours.
Highly recommened!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:23 pm

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
The SPA is over priced really, I mean I was offered a discount but after you add the taxes it did not make sense if I got the discount. I had massages everyday across the hotel at 1/4 the price.
Well of course it will be cheaper outside of the hotel...

However if I expand on my comment in the review, I believe it's extremely good value for an in-hotel massage and in that context not overpriced at all really:

My wife's 1hr Balinese massage (over ran for 1.5hrs actually) came in at around US$35 after discount for being Amb/Club. I can't remember which - but the discount actually negates the service charge and gov tax plus a little more more on top. The final price came in under the list price which is great. I really don't see how that's a ripoff at all tbh in addition to not paying taxes due to the discount. Perhaps you got less of a discount offer for some reason djjaguar?

For a hotel-spa price, that's a bargain when they do run £90+ for an hour.

Also charged to the room so got a couple points added to the collection at the end of the stay too ^

It was a highlight for my wife on her birthday, and $35 well spent for the experience, ambiance, quality and a happy wife on her birthday without having to leave the hotel!

Last edited by MagicWok; Jul 9, 2015 at 6:32 pm
Old Jul 14, 2015, 4:22 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
what time is the afternoon tea held?
And what time are evening drinks and canapés?
Old Jul 14, 2015, 6:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

what time is the afternoon tea held?
And what time are evening drinks and canapés?
I think afternoon tea is from 2-4pm and 4:30-730pm. (corrected based on post #840)

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jul 15, 2015 at 6:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.