Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:24 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold
IC Bali Master Thread [merged]

I am also there on points 6 nights. As mentioned earlier no upgrades for Plat AmB.
What is a resonable price for club upgrade?What does club include? Are the offerings in the evenings enough to make a small dinner?how much is breakfast normally in this hotel?anything around where you can have good cheap breakfast and dinner and buy food and drinks?they offered upgrade to singara room for 20 dollar ++ a night. Is that worth it?What do you get more in difference from resort classic to singaraja room?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 12:46 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you are worried about breakfast, at least in the past, I usually got an offer of 50% off for breakfast when I didn't have it included. Alternatively they offer some dining packages that provide some savings if you plan to eat at the hotel a lot.

The Singaraja rooms have a bit different décor (darker) than the Classic rooms and are all in the Central Wing (4xxx). Are they nicer? Well that depends on personal taste. The offerings from the Singaraja "lounge" are negligible so in the end it comes down to whether you like the room design or not (look at pics).

BTW, 20$ is the normal difference between Classic & Singaraja room so not a super special deal or anything like that and don't forget the 21% (10% service + 11% tax) on top for everything.

YMMV
Old Mar 26, 2015, 12:00 am

Programs: KLM Gold/MS Elite/LH FTL/HH Gold/Accor PLAT/IHG Plat Ambassador/CC Gold

Got another replay regarding award reservation (6 nights on free nights and points) to Club.
They are asking for 130++ per night?
Any other contact Incan try? I would never pay that much for a club lounge considering beeing in a country were food costs nearly nothing. I paid often extra for club as plat amb but this is crazy...
Old Mar 26, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You can try to propose an amount and ask to raise up to Management Level. I had a colleague who got some sort of 3+1 deal like pay 3 nights Club surcharge and get it free for one day, but he was quite persistent and a bit of a PITA. Too much time and effort in my book.

Overall, some folks find it worth the money, but you got to really go for every meal and clean up the place to get your money's worth it in my book. But hey I have seen some people finish 8-10 drinks each during the cocktail hours and that can add up quickly if bought at regular prices at the hotel bar.

Total comes to around 160 USD all in per room per night for a "better" room (more like a bit different furnishings and maybe better toiletries in some folks eyes) plus Club pool access, transfer (now also offered for certain pre-paid rates of 3 nights or more) and of course Club lounge (breakfast in lounge, restaurant or room; afternoon tea, cocktails and snacks in evening and tea / coffee / non-alcoholic stuff during the day).

Of course, if you plan to be outside the hotel a fair bit and won't be around for all the meal / drink offerings apart from breakfast then it is not worth it in my book. If someone just lounges and relaxes all day at the resort without venturing much outside then it can be a decent value though nothing awesome.

Overall, I'm more on the "a bit too steep side", but YMMV. I would consider it maybe if it helps avoid switching rooms between points nights and paid / BOGO nights, but depending on how many nights one is talking about you could always try to negotiate it for free first

Last edited by demue; Mar 26, 2015 at 3:43 am
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Got another replay regarding award reservation (6 nights on free nights and points) to Club.
They are asking for 130++ per night?
Any other contact Incan try? I would never pay that much for a club lounge considering beeing in a country were food costs nearly nothing. I paid often extra for club as plat amb but this is crazy...
And last year we had to BEG for appetizers that they served. They were being stingy. Now if you are a big drinker than the lounge is good.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 11:57 pm

Ok I skip Club and hope for a good breakfast offer. What is the normal price for breakfast and how likely do they offer any discount? If I have to pay that much for club i expect a superb service like in IC Berlin where I only have to pay 65 Euros.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:06 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
Club guests can have breakfast at any of the 5 venues.

Having stayed 4 times at the IC Bali I would go for the club. If you like a cocktail in the evening on the beach it will start to pay for itself.

The club lounge is very classy and a nice place to enjoy your vacation.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:45 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by dewby
Club guests can have breakfast at any of the 5 venues.

Having stayed 4 times at the IC Bali I would go for the club. If you like a cocktail in the evening on the beach it will start to pay for itself.

The club lounge is very classy and a nice place to enjoy your vacation.
Having stayed at the IC Bali 3 times I would go for a Singaraja room with breakfast included and forego the Club. The fruits and drinks provided in the Singaraja hallway were exactly what we needed to bring us through the day, and there are beach restaurants about half a mile down the beach for a much more interesting dinner. We don't drink alcohol and breakfast in the main restaurant was perfectly fine.

HTB.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 1:15 am

Originally Posted by 24Yukon24
Ok I skip Club and hope for a good breakfast offer. What is the normal price for breakfast and how likely do they offer any discount? If I have to pay that much for club i expect a superb service like in IC Berlin where I only have to pay 65 Euros.
As mentioned above, last year when we stayed they offered a 50% off on breakfast (we were on a combo of points stay and FWNC in a Singaraja room). Regular cost for breakfast was like 215,000++ IDR per person so around 20US$. With the offer it was basically 10$ per person and it was well worth that.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Question

What would you expect the concierge to do for you? Last year when we were there he walked us to our room on Day 1 and I never saw him again until the Last day wanting his tip. What gives?
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:22 am
htb

Originally Posted by djjaguar64
What would you expect the concierge to do for you? Last year when we were there he walked us to our room on Day 1 and I never saw him again until the Last day wanting his tip. What gives?
Do you mean "personal butler"?

Anyway, I would have told him that this hotel charges 10% "service charge", so I expect that service is already paid.

HTB.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:58 am

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
I read skimmed the past few pages, and I couldn't find anything... sorry if I missed. Can someone let me know what the benefits are here for being an IHG Plat? Thanks!
Old Apr 1, 2015, 7:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by htb
Do you mean "personal butler"?

Anyway, I would have told him that this hotel charges 10% "service charge", so I expect that service is already paid.

HTB.
Yes, lets see what happens this year
Old Apr 6, 2015, 12:09 pm

Programs: Royal Ambassador
Singaraja Duplex vs Club Room

Interesting choice.
Feedback required (and welcome).

Booked Singaraja Duplex.
Offered std upgrade to Club Room.

Email highlighted room size difference (ie Singaraja Duplex bigger) and so what do I prefer?

Keep Sin Duplex WITH all Club Benefits or move to Club Room (not Duplex).

Comments?
Old Apr 6, 2015, 8:03 pm
htb

Originally Posted by man_on_the_continent
Interesting choice.
Feedback required (and welcome).

Booked Singaraja Duplex.
Offered std upgrade to Club Room.

Email highlighted room size difference (ie Singaraja Duplex bigger) and so what do I prefer?

Keep Sin Duplex WITH all Club Benefits or move to Club Room (not Duplex).

Comments?
Complimentary and free of charge upgrade? The IC Bali has never upgraded to CLUB without co-payment.

In the CLUB rooms you will get better toiletries. The Duplexes are two-story rooms with a sitting area in the lower level and the bed in the upper level. If you are alone, that probably won't be of much use. If there are several people in the room, the separation can be welcome. Also, keep in mind that the Duplexes are on the top floor.

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.