Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2014, 10:23 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC E50 UA1k 2MM AA EXP Royal Ambassador SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by acysb87
Staying at this property in November and will be interested in your report. This is a switch from Hua Hin in Thailand ,Mrs.acysb87 is not pleased with a military coup and what that may turn into (or not)
I would pay in US dollars as well if required
she will have been much safer and happier in Thailand. Anyhow this is a great IC hotel enjoy.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
So back from our trip. Hotel had reduced the price from $395 to $345 Club Room) and no upgrade. On arrival we were given a triple upgrade to the Bukit Suite with direct access to the Lounge pool. Very nice indeed.
The surprise came at check out. They charged me $395 on checkout. I had to point it out to them and also produced the email that the hotel had sent out. They finally fixed the bill.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 3:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Nice one. They usually are very tight on upgrades beyond the norm prior to getting there, but can surprise one on arrival. Bukit Suite is nice. I did get from Club room to Jimbaran Suite once before (they got 4 of those). The jaccuzzi tub was one of the deepest / biggest in a suite that I ever had (definitely bigger than the one in the Presidential Suite at the IC SGN).
Old Aug 12, 2014, 2:19 am

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
Paid Club Stay for 4 people

Looking at a weekend stay at the IC Bali with the family, and went to the website, put in two adults and two children, and got a rate of $345++ for the King Club Duplex on the Luxury Weekend rate- so far so good.

Contacted the reservations dept to see if it was worth buying Ambassador for any potential upgrades (I'm a lowly Plat), and they immediately started hitting me up for extra charges ($100++ for any child over 12, $50++ for children under, etc).

I would assume if I book a Club room for 2 adults, 2 children and get a quote from the website for that, I'm good to go with that, right? I should get full Club privileges for everyone that the room is booked for, which includes breakfast in the Club lounge. Anyone else have experience with this, and needing to get IHG to enforce the website quote?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:28 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
A regular occurrence at this property. Just had a week there myself. Try booking online although I think they have changed the T&c online too with regard the club facilities. I would refuse to pay it.

My other advice is join the Amb programme and use your weekend cert at this property. You will get the upgrade including suites.

It has it's failings but a wonderful property.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat.M&S E+
I had the same problem. I had a booking on points for a party of three. After booking i was asked to upgrade for club room(lounge access) for a daily charge of US-$ 120++ , which i agreed.

Regarding to my question to join the ambassador for 32k points they told me to do it as quick as possible to guarantee the room upgrade (club duplex); despite knowing that i was on a booking on points !!

After confirming the Ambassador upgrade and paid the 32k they told me in another mail that a rate on points would not qualify for any upgrade !!

Later on i saw in my account a extra fee for the child (14y) as of $ 50++ . Even for the extra bed you would pay for the child >12years.

Now I felt to get ripped off and finally I canceled the reservation and booked the GH Bali, where you get a nice suite and club success free of charge as a Diamond (for max 4 guests).

Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Looking at a weekend stay at the IC Bali with the family, and went to the website, put in two adults and two children, and got a rate of $345++ for the King Club Duplex on the Luxury Weekend rate- so far so good.

Contacted the reservations dept to see if it was worth buying Ambassador for any potential upgrades (I'm a lowly Plat), and they immediately started hitting me up for extra charges ($100++ for any child over 12, $50++ for children under, etc).

I would assume if I book a Club room for 2 adults, 2 children and get a quote from the website for that, I'm good to go with that, right? I should get full Club privileges for everyone that the room is booked for, which includes breakfast in the Club lounge. Anyone else have experience with this, and needing to get IHG to enforce the website quote?
Old Aug 12, 2014, 9:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Exec; AA Platinum; SPG Gold; PC Platinum Ambassador
IC Bali Club Friends and Family Rate?

Thanks for the quick advice. Just looked at the IC Bali through the Friends and Family link, and a Club Duplex is $326++. Again, I chose a rate for two adults and two kids. I would expect that I get Club privileges for all the people the room is booked for, but can anyone confirm? Anyone else have experience staying at the IC Bali with more than two people on a Friends and Family rate?

Last edited by friendlyplanet; Aug 12, 2014 at 9:33 pm
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:41 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by friendlyplanet
Thanks for the quick advice. Just looked at the IC Bali through the Friends and Family link, and a Club Duplex is $326++. Again, I chose a rate for two adults and two kids. I would expect that I get Club privileges for all the people the room is booked for, but can anyone confirm? Anyone else have experience staying at the IC Bali with more than two people on a Friends and Family rate?
I'm pretty sure they will try to hit with the extra charges when you get there and you will have to argue it out with Guest Relations Mgmt. I do tend to agree that when I book online indicating the correct number of adults and children in the room then the extra charges should be spelled out and show up as part of the extra cost on top of rate. ICHG properties in Japan can do it so it should not be an IT issue. At least that way it is transparent and one can make an informed decision.
Old Aug 12, 2014, 11:58 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I hate the policy of charging extra for kids and then not let them use the club lounge. It's a double rip off.

I refuse to pay the surcharge unless it is detailed in the rate plan. Not my problem.

I just stayed on F&F rate either side of my Amb weekend stay and did not pay the surcharge for my daughter. I also received a double upgrade.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 5:29 am

Hey dewby I just left the property yesterday (Aug 13). Seems like we were there around the same time. I had a mix of points redemption and paid nights (FWNC) and it was the usual "dance" to sort out the room issue not having to move around 2 times. It always throws them off when you have multiple reservations back to back. You would think they are used to it now, but no I had to spell it out one by one.

In the end they were quite helpful though and as AMB we could stay in a Singaraja room for all 6 nights (points + paid) and got free breakfast for 2 adults included on the paid nights as a gesture (thanks). So I'm not complaining about the outcome, but the process to get (reasonable results) is usually a painful one.

BTW, the age part for Club lounge (12 years IIRC) is often not enforced. I have seen plenty of families (incl. Indonesians) with kids in the 4-5 years age bracket in the lounge. Some are well behaved and others wreck havoc. So paying for the child and then not being allowed to bring it in to the lounge is a total non-sensical no go.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 6:11 am

Stay at the IC Bali end of Oct. 2014

Hi there

I am new to the IHG Rewards Club. We would like to stay at the IC Bali end of Oct. 2014 for 6 Nights. Here my question, when I pay for Ambassador Status, do I get an Upgrade from Bukit-Suite (paid booking) to Imperial Villa? Because that would be the next category.
I have actually no Points on my Rewards Club Account and I have "Club" Status.

Thank you very much for your help
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by demue
Hey dewby I just left the property yesterday (Aug 13). Seems like we were there around the same time. I had a mix of points redemption and paid nights (FWNC) and it was the usual "dance" to sort out the room issue not having to move around 2 times. It always throws them off when you have multiple reservations back to back. You would think they are used to it now, but no I had to spell it out one by one.

In the end they were quite helpful though and as AMB we could stay in a Singaraja room for all 6 nights (points + paid) and got free breakfast for 2 adults included on the paid nights as a gesture (thanks). So I'm not complaining about the outcome, but the process to get (reasonable results) is usually a painful one.

BTW, the age part for Club lounge (12 years IIRC) is often not enforced. I have seen plenty of families (incl. Indonesians) with kids in the 4-5 years age bracket in the lounge. Some are well behaved and others wreck havoc. So paying for the child and then not being allowed to bring it in to the lounge is a total non-sensical no go.
Shame I missed you. I had a good stay and no messing this time. I went to the club one eve to read to news paper to find about 10 kids inside. I brought this to the attention of the management and from that day on my daughter accompanied me.

What was interesting was my suite was not ready until 6pm. Another Amb took the 4PM check out. They gave me a voucher for a dinner for the family which was nice. We took dinner at KO. very nice wage steak.

I had the jimbaren suite this time. Very nice indeed.

The property does have some bizarre rules and ways of doing things though.

As you said nonsensical to be honest.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:38 pm

Originally Posted by Michael747
Hi there

I am new to the IHG Rewards Club. We would like to stay at the IC Bali end of Oct. 2014 for 6 Nights. Here my question, when I pay for Ambassador Status, do I get an Upgrade from Bukit-Suite (paid booking) to Imperial Villa? Because that would be the next category.
I have actually no Points on my Rewards Club Account and I have "Club" Status.

Thank you very much for your help
Unlikely but possible. Engage with the hotel and see what comes about, I would ask before assuming. The villas are huge and have private pools. Be aware though one is close to the club pool and Is relatively modern the other is traditional ( very nice) but at the other end of the resort. The third is out of action. You could try to secure 2 jimbaren suites that have connecting doors and a great location to give you space and a lot of balcony room.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 1:48 am

As dewby said do contact hotel and inquire. you will have to raise it to manager level as the normal reservations staff will not be able to make such a call.

Purely by ICHG AMB T&Cs they do not need to upgrade you any further if you book a suite already. Now having said that Oct is not really a super high season so with you paying already for a Bukit suite they may consider it closer to the arrival assuming the villas are not booked and potentially remain empty.

I think AMB status would definitely be worth it as long as you can use the Free Weekend Night certificate which would save a good chunk of money definitely outweighing the cost. However, you need to book a special AMB rate and several IC properties just do not load any suites for booking with these rates. So better check before.
Old Aug 16, 2014, 8:56 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by demue
Purely by ICHG AMB T&Cs they do not need to upgrade you any further if you book a suite already.
T&Cs say you will get a one-level upgrade. "A room one category higher than purchased will be assigned upon check-in to InterContinental Ambassadors."

HTB.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.