Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:34 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
I will be back in this hotel for 5 days in July.

They will take USD but expect a poor exchange rate. Best idea is to go to bank and exchange enough to pay bill.

I great hotel but with faults.

If you take a look at the second page of the trip report below you will find some info from my last stay.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...li-ubud-2.html
Old Jun 4, 2014, 4:56 am

I'm planning my honeymoon in Bali and because i'm IHG platinum member i was thinking of booking a club room at IC Bali for 5 nights. Would i benefit from becoming ambassador for 32000 point? I normally only stay at HI and Indigo.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 1:33 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Michelk
I'm planning my honeymoon in Bali and because i'm IHG platinum member i was thinking of booking a club room at IC Bali for 5 nights. Would i benefit from becoming ambassador for 32000 point? I normally only stay at HI and Indigo.
Club room paid stay. Yes do buy Ambassador, Platinum benefit at an IC is basically just the free-wifi. Whereas as an Ambassador you are guaranteed a 1-category upgrade and as a 5day stay, usd value of upgrade will exceed value of points used to buy Ambassador.

Add text saying it is your honeymoon in additional info field when reserving the room, and hotel will no doubt do something extra for you, though whether a simple bottle of wine or a nicer upgrade can depend on occupancy that week you are going.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 4:23 am

Thx for the advice. I'll go for Ambassador.
I will post my experience after my stay in august.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 7:54 pm

First Visit to Bali

While we have traveled all over the world, have never been to Bali. A relative is getting married at Jalan Raya Batu Bolong, North Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia, about 25 minutes from Seminyak. It is a private villa used for weddings, etc.

I need to know the following and would appreciate any advice. I will not be staying at the villa. I want to fly to Bali from Singapore, overnight near the airport, and get ground transportation to the villa for the day of the event. I would then like to have transportation late that night (or early next morning if there is a nearby hotel) back to the airport and return to Singapore.

What is the best plan for me? I have no problem paying for a private car each way and would prefer a nearby hotel for the night of the event. If there are no hotels, would just return to airport hotel.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 11:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Mhm isn't your question better asked in the Indonesia / Bali travel forum. This is IC Bali specific and I don't think you are planning to stay there right?

Having said that, as far as IHG properties go the Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali (decent) is near the airport and on the correct side for you to go to Kuta. There is also a HIX in Kuta now, if you don't mind a bit rowdier of an area.

HI can arrange a taxi / private car (for the day) for you if needed. For your accomodations for the event I have to pass as I don't know the exact location of the place.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by demue
Mhm isn't your question better asked in the Indonesia / Bali travel forum. This is IC Bali specific and I don't think you are planning to stay there right?

Having said that, as far as IHG properties go the Holiday Inn Resort Baruna Bali (decent) is near the airport and on the correct side for you to go to Kuta. There is also a HIX in Kuta now, if you don't mind a bit rowdier of an area.

HI can arrange a taxi / private car (for the day) for you if needed. For your accomodations for the event I have to pass as I don't know the exact location of the place.
Yes, my mistake. Will try that other forum.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 12:46 pm

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
I have a couple questions for you IC Bali experts as I'm considering booking this property with points for two nights in October before we venture off to other parts of the island.

On a points booking we will only be entitled to the base room with our IHG Platinum status (doesn't help at IC if I understand correctly). Has anyone redeemed points and then paid an upgrade charge to get a club room? If so, how much was the upcharge?

Does anyone know how much the breakfast buffet costs normally? This will help me weigh whether the club upgrade charge is worth it or not.

If anyone has stayed at bot the IC and the Conrad, I'd love to hear your opinion on which is best & why.
Old Jun 9, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Can't comment on the current extra charge for Club access but in the past figures of around 100++ USD were flying around. Maybe some other posters can confirm who have taken up the offer recently. Should be possible though.

Price for buffet breakfast from what I recall (got comped one, but saw price) came to around 250,000 IDR so depending on USD exchange rate in the range of 20++ USD. It is quite extensive, but another option is to just order what you want from room service unless you really go wild and try everything on offer.

The Conrad is also nice and quite mellow, but personally I definitely prefer the IC from a property layout and Balinese / Indonesian feel perspective. But YMMV.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:45 am

Programs: AA Gold, MR Plat
Originally Posted by demue
Can't comment on the current extra charge for Club access but in the past figures of around 100++ USD were flying around. Maybe some other posters can confirm who have taken up the offer recently. Should be possible though.

Price for buffet breakfast from what I recall (got comped one, but saw price) came to around 250,000 IDR so depending on USD exchange rate in the range of 20++ USD. It is quite extensive, but another option is to just order what you want from room service unless you really go wild and try everything on offer.

The Conrad is also nice and quite mellow, but personally I definitely prefer the IC from a property layout and Balinese / Indonesian feel perspective. But YMMV.
Great info, thanks for your comments demue
Old Jun 10, 2014, 10:29 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by inagaddadavida
On a points booking we will only be entitled to the base room with our IHG Platinum status (doesn't help at IC if I understand correctly). Has anyone redeemed points and then paid an upgrade charge to get a club room? If so, how much was the upcharge?

Does anyone know how much the breakfast buffet costs normally? This will help me weigh whether the club upgrade charge is worth it or not.
I would send them an email, possibly after having made the reservation with points. Tell them, that you'd like to upgrade from the basic room you have reserved to

* Club
* Another room with breakfast

and ask how much they will charge.

I'd really like to know if they still will reply that "since your original booking is free of charge, we will charge you full price minus $0 for the upgrade"...

HTB.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:40 am

I have booked a standard room using reward points. I have upgraded to a club room and the cost is quite high at $120++
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
My opinion. It is worth it.

Club room gives so much.

The club lounge is serious nice.

Evening cocktails at the main beach bar for free or by the pool or in the lounge. That's a lot of premium cocktails in 2 hours.

Breakfast where ever you want. Suggest the Italian place.

Better room, club pool, club amenities. That adds up to significant value. Don't forget free airport transfers.

The IC bali gripes me In areas but I always return. You will have a great stay.

The club is the strongest feature of this hotel.... We'll worth the premium.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 12:27 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
I've stayed in both the Singaraja as well as the Club rooms. My opinion: the CLUB is completely overpriced and I will take Singaraja with breakfast over CLUB again should I stay there again.

Airport transfer is only a few dollars by taxi. The rooms are pretty much comparable, even though the toiletries are nicer. I don't drink cocktails and the fact that you can have cocktails at three locations during a two hour window will not make most people drink "a lot of cocktails".

The CLUB pool is nice but small and boring compared to the main pool and the sea on the other side of the sandy strip called "beach".

The Singaraja lounge provides fruits, simple snacks and drinks during the day. It's not luxurious but adequate.

On the other hand, if you are into luxory take the CLUB.

HTB.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:12 am

I'm with HTB on this. Personally, I also find the club overpriced these days. If you look at 120++ USD considering 21% for tax and service charge on top it comes to roughly 145 USD a day. room layout is the same just a slight difference in furnishings and amenities.

If you plan to spend your entire day and evening at the hotel and manage a few cocktails every day and eat all the meals and snacks then yes you can maybe save some $$$. But if you go eat lunch / dinner outside at times it won't be worth it.

That money every day buys you a lot outside and even lasts a while when eating at in-house restaurants. In the end everyone to their own. The car transfer is somewhere in the 12-15 USD range when using the hotel car so not really a tremendous saving. YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.