Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2014, 5:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
So I have had a change of plans. Now there will only be 2 of us in the room instead of the 4 as originally planned. I booked the Club room. I was sent an email that we have been upgraded to the Duplex on the 4th floor. I have 2 knee replacements and sent the hotel an email. I wanted a room next to the pool. Th hotel responded that they will put us in the Club room on the main floor with no upgrade. So are these rooms close to the lounge with the Lounge Pool?
You are still RA booked a Club room and they wanted to give you Club Duplex right? However due to your knees you want a room near pool and without stairs inside the room.

Mhm not giving you any upgrade is a bit of a tough stance as there are also suites on the ground floor and they could put into one of those higher category suite instead of offering the ususal cookie cutter 1-category upgrade for RA when booking a Club room and then not upgrading you at all.

That upgrade is the same as if an AMB books a Club room and back when I was RA I always wrote a friendly note back that this policy is very disappointing and not the usual 2-level upgrade for an RA. Always resulted in better suites assigned. Usually started with a Balinese suite (near Club lounge IIRC), but ocassionally also ended up in a Bukit or Jimbaran Suite.

The rooms near the Club Pool are a bit of a stroll to the Club lounge, but at least for afternoon snacks and evening drinks they also served items poolside the last time I was there, though not as extensive as in the Club lounge.
Old May 16, 2014, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
My RA status is no more, now an AMB. Not sure what they will do.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:06 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
My RA status is no more, now an AMB. Not sure what they will do.
Ohh I see. Then I guess they won't go out of their way to offer anything better and given your restrictions it won't be easy for them to be fair. The next suite after Club Duplex is Balinese Suite and they are also up on the higher floors IIRC.
Old May 19, 2014, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
Ohh I see. Then I guess they won't go out of their way to offer anything better and given your restrictions it won't be easy for them to be fair. The next suite after Club Duplex is Balinese Suite and they are also up on the higher floors IIRC.
I mean the bedroom is on the top floor and i probably could handle that, I thought you have to walk up 4 flights of stairs just to get to your room and then up a flight of stairs(which I can handle) just to got to bed. Lets see what happens.
Old May 19, 2014, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hotels now sends me a note that they are sold out June 13-16 and that we have been downgraded to our original club room. They mentioned that since I refused the upgrade to club duplex there's not much left. Very disappointing.
Old May 19, 2014, 1:14 pm

I actually prefer the club rooms to the Duplex rooms - upstairs in the bedroom of the duplex can be rather hot.
Old May 20, 2014, 12:10 am

Hotels now sends me a note that they are sold out June 13-16 and that we have been downgraded to our original club room. They mentioned that since I refused the upgrade to club duplex there's not much left. Very disappointing.
The hotel has elevators / lifts throughout that you can use, but yes in the room it is one flight of stairs that is maybe a bit steep if you got knee issues. I wouldn't sweat it much, as mentinoned, a decent Club room facing the courtyard near the Club pool will be much more convenient and I don't think you will miss the Duplex much. Size is not that different and all amenities and benefits are the same.

You could try to use the no-upgrade as leverage later on to negotiate something, but I don't think there will be much else they could offer as you already got Club benefits incl. transport from and to the airport. Maybe a free Spa treatment or at least a nice Spa discount (though the one at the hotel is overall very pricey by Bali standards - outside of 5* hotel environment).
Old May 20, 2014, 7:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
The hotel has elevators / lifts throughout that you can use, but yes in the room it is one flight of stairs that is maybe a bit steep if you got knee issues. I wouldn't sweat it much, as mentinoned, a decent Club room facing the courtyard near the Club pool will be much more convenient and I don't think you will miss the Duplex much. Size is not that different and all amenities and benefits are the same.

You could try to use the no-upgrade as leverage later on to negotiate something, but I don't think there will be much else they could offer as you already got Club benefits incl. transport from and to the airport. Maybe a free Spa treatment or at least a nice Spa discount (though the one at the hotel is overall very pricey by Bali standards - outside of 5* hotel environment).
They have now re-upgraded us back to the duplex, hope the vacation turns out to be a pleasant one.
Old May 21, 2014, 1:11 am

IMHO the property is very nice and well maintained. Staff are friendly and overall helpful, it is just always a bit of back and forth before you get there as they stick quite close to the rules / go by the book when it comes to benefits.

Last edited by demue; May 21, 2014 at 1:36 am
Old May 21, 2014, 3:55 pm

Programs: IC Dia, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Gold, Star Alliance Gold, Emirates Gold, BA Gold
As I have said before this property is great. Yes they can be a bit money grabbing which is disappointing but the overall experience is a good one. The club is impressive and love the free beach cocktails.

Don't expect though anything above what is listed..

Enjoy.
Old May 22, 2014, 7:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another twist, so now the hotel is charging $345 from $395 pernight using AMB free night cert for the second night. We will be given the Club room on the ground floor as an upgrade. I just gave up going back and forth. They are also offering 2 way airport service.
Old Jun 1, 2014, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone ever paid by cash in usd?
Old Jun 1, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone ever paid by cash in usd?
Staying at this property in November and will be interested in your report. This is a switch from Hua Hin in Thailand ,Mrs.acysb87 is not pleased with a military coup and what that may turn into (or not)
I would pay in US dollars as well if required
Old Jun 2, 2014, 1:53 am

I never paid in USD in cash. Possible, but I would expect them to apply the rather crappy exchange rate the hotel displays at the front desk. Either change outside with Money Changers into IDR (beware of some of them) or compare against the rates your credit card applies and make a call based on that.

Last edited by demue; Jun 3, 2014 at 5:40 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by acysb87
Staying at this property in November and will be interested in your report. This is a switch from Hua Hin in Thailand ,Mrs.acysb87 is not pleased with a military coup and what that may turn into (or not)
I would pay in US dollars as well if required
I am looking forward to my stay and also will be writing a thorough report on my stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.