Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by demue
I surely hope you accidentally added an extra zero at the end as what you wrote is ~830 USD + 21% and not 83$.

If it's 100$ all in per night, personally I find it fair value for what it offers. Breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks are definitely better at IC Bali than HR Bali. The spirits and wine at HR Regency Club are bottom shelf usually - wine including sparkling is a local one which is not yet any good.

IC Club lounge is a classier afair for now. Only evening nibbles are weak as HadesNL already highlighted.
Yes US$100 seems to be the rate quoted when they fish for you buying an upgrade. Not sure if that is Amb exclusive though.

Agree re the wines. I enjoyed both the Soave and Pinot Noir. And given retail prices of wine in Bali, if you drink alcohol the UG price is a relative bargain even for light drinkers.

I disagree re the evening food offer. Portion size is small but quality is very high. It is perfect for our evening light meal after a decent lunch regime. The only down side is the 3 day rotation.

The mystery remains about what they seek to charge for Amb with Lounge Pass to use the Club pool. Some have reported that it is granted others say refused. But likewise early reports said full Club Lounge was also refused during the early days of The Lounge Pass credit.
Old Mar 29, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: *G (TK elite+), OW sapphire (QR), ST elite plus (AF). LA black
Just as a data point - as a diamond ambassador I reserved a 7 day reward stay - wrote them an email and asked for room type after upgrade and whether they offer a buy-up into club intercontinental

Regular upgrade would be to a Classic Singaraja Space Access Garden View
For 990.000IDR + 21 VAT/night
I could upgrade to a Premium Club Lounge Access Garden view Balcony

The upgrade price seems reasonable to get the club experience and club pool access according to most of the opinions above.
Old Apr 1, 2024, 8:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by f0zzyNUE
Just as a data point - as a diamond ambassador I reserved a 7 day reward stay - wrote them an email and asked for room type after upgrade and whether they offer a buy-up into club intercontinental

Regular upgrade would be to a Classic Singaraja Space Access Garden View
For 990.000IDR + 21 VAT/night
I could upgrade to a Premium Club Lounge Access Garden view Balcony

The upgrade price seems reasonable to get the club experience and club pool access according to most of the opinions above.
Thanks for sharing, always good to have fresh data points. As several of us have chimed in already, yes, personally I would consider the offer fair and decent value.

In addition to proper Club Lounge access with breakfast option, high tea and evening (small) snacks and drinks you should get a room in the Club Wing (6xxx) which is the last one / most recent one to complete refurbishment plus access to Club Pool etc.

Pretty decent package overall. Now during peak periods (Hair Raya, Jul / Aug, Christmas/ New Year's, etc.) they may not offer this or price may be higher, but at this price point I personally would be a "taker" of the offer especially if you stay with 2 adults.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 2:07 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Originally Posted by binman
entirely off topic but given you mentioned Midori!
Still Game was a much loved Scottish comedy show and one that had a cult following.
What a great suggestion and lovely find! Although my ears are accustomed to Geordieland tones & music, i've watched your Midori episode and it's hilarious absurd!
I've already asked my kids to download all other remain episodes. Admittingly quite different from "Friends" but for sure Still Game is a great keepsake
Thanks again
binman likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2024, 4:06 am

Programs: Marriott Ti; IHG Pt, IC Amb; Accor Ag; Agoda VIP/Pt
Originally Posted by demue
I surely hope you accidentally added an extra zero at the end as what you wrote is ~830 USD + 21% and not 83$.

If it's 100$ all in per night, personally I find it fair value for what it offers.
This is the figure I was just quoted via email (a hundred bucks, all in). Quite tempting with the 15% off award redemptions running currently.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.