Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by speedytimmy
The club pool is indeed open (as of March 20th at least).
Thanks ^
Old Mar 25, 2011, 3:22 am

Programs: AS 100K, AA Gold, IC Diamond AMB, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
We've had these plated hors d'oeuvres a couple of times when occupancy was low. Therefore, I assume it's not a permanent thing now either. Variety is so-so, but nobody will hinder your ordering a second plate, or a third, or a fourth, or...
Indeed, perhaps due to it being so quiet, club staff seem to be bending over backwards more than I remember to make you happy. Requests for multiples of the canapé plates I am sure would be accomodated with a smile. I have found the offerings quite nice, personally. I do miss that spoon board, however.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Indeed, perhaps due to it being so quiet, club staff seem to be bending over backwards more than I remember to make you happy. Requests for multiples of the canapé plates I am sure would be accomodated with a smile. I have found the offerings quite nice, personally. I do miss that spoon board, however.
Ditto - they did indeed offer us seconds. I thought the food was good -excellent and more than sufficient for an evening meal. There is also a buffet which includes a cheeseboard snack items etc.

What's a spoon board?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by quitecontrary
Ditto - they did indeed offer us seconds. I thought the food was good -excellent and more than sufficient for an evening meal. There is also a buffet which includes a cheeseboard snack items etc.

What's a spoon board?
I am guessing it's this
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by lallyr
I am guessing it's this
Yes, exactly that.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:51 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Wow that looks great!
Old Mar 25, 2011, 4:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
Yes, exactly that.
Are they aware of the free internet for RA's now?
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:03 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
We've had these plated hors d'oeuvres a couple of times when occupancy was low. Therefore, I assume it's not a permanent thing now either. Variety is so-so, but nobody will hinder your ordering a second plate, or a third, or a fourth, or...
Sorry for late update here. Was there end of Feb for 7 nights. Managed to get into chat with their Room Director and Club Manager when they have invitation (Management vs Guest) on my 1st day of arrival. Actually they have changed into plated evening cocktails on permanent basis.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:07 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
I have to say that's a particularly unwelcome development - especially with speedytimmy saying the offerings on the plates is meagre
Old Mar 25, 2011, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by markdg
I have to say that's a particularly unwelcome development - especially with speedytimmy saying the offerings on the plates is meagre
From my personal experience, I feel evening cocktails was great and after 7 nights stay, I don't find any menu/plate are the same as previous. But for evening tea, yes they recycle the same menu every 3rd day which I found quite boring.

Last edited by Putra; Mar 25, 2011 at 10:29 am Reason: Wrong words
Old Mar 25, 2011, 7:07 pm

Are they aware of the free internet for RA's now?
Yes indeed, offered without asking.

Originally Posted by Putra
From my personal experience, I feel evening cocktails was great and after 7 nights stay, I don't find any menu/plate are the same as previous. But for evening tea, yes they recycle the same menu every 3rd day which I found quite boring.
I was stuffed from tea yesterday! Four courses (granted one of which is a chocolate) and we didn't even finish each course.

Between the gigantic breakfast buffet, tea, and canapes I didn't have room for anything else. Oh, except some sparkling wine of course.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 3:08 am

Missing the spoon board

Maybe I don't understand the thought process behind the apparently permanent switch to plated appetizers, but given how thorough the breakfast still is, I'm surprised they couldn't have the spoon board every night. We are still having a very enjoyable stay but the discontinuance of the all day snack menu and limited evening selection are changes I'm less than excited about. Breakfast is still fantastic, especially some of the Japanese options.

In terms of internet, as a lowly Platinum Ambassador I have received a code for free wifi on my last three stays. Wifi signal seems generally quite solid although isn't that great upstairs in the duplex rooms. I also recall it not working that well in the Jimbaran suites, but that was a year or so ago now.

I personally don't mind the lack of the airside meet on arrival that changed a little ago due to new regulations. The visa on arrival process seems much more streamlined than it used to be and have had not more than a five minute wait to get through on both recent trips - one a mid-afternoon arrival and the other a late evening arrival. Car to the IC was a Mercedes - don't recall what model.

Last edited by speedytimmy; Mar 26, 2011 at 3:59 am Reason: typed more
Old Mar 26, 2011, 4:41 am

Programs: VS Silver, Kris Silver, IC Amb, HH Gold, Hertz Gold
Nice update. When I contacted them last, best I could expect as Ambassador, on honeymoon, was a Hyundai Trajet!

I'm not too bothered, as I have now not made IC my first stay in Bali - but my feeling is they don't really try to entice you to come to there when in contact. Very down the line.

Two other resorts I booked fell over themselves with offers for me to stay. Surprising, or perhaps not...

Does sound a bit annoying they are switching the appetizers. I'll be heading in peak season and will remember to report if they switch back when they are full.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 4:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
also Spa outside IC .
Can you recommend any local places close to the IC? I am not a big fan of paying hotel rates for Spa's.
Anyone? Or if anyone can remember what a 1 hr Balinese massage costs at the IC spa?
Old Mar 26, 2011, 5:13 am

I can look later tonight but think a one hour massage at the IC spa is 550,000 IDR (approximately $60 USD). A couple of times this week we have gone to Bodyworks in Seminyak (http://www.bodyworksbali.com). There a one hour massage is 222,000 IDR, 1 1/2 hours is 282,000 IDR. La Lucciola is almost directly across the street and is a great spot for lunch after a spa treatment (also great for dinner). Ku De Ta is close by too.

The above said, taking a taxi to Seminyak ($8 USD), having a very reasonably priced spa treatment and then having lunch at La Lucciola is going to be around the same as just a spa treatment at the IC spa but is a great way to spend a good portion of the day. Enjoy the IC in the morning while it isn't too hot, take a taxi to Seminyak at 11 am, have a spa treatment, enjoy a long lunch at La Lucciola and take a taxi back to the IC arriving at 3:30 or 4 p.m., avoiding the heat around the middle of the day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.