Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Update:

I booked the cheapest available rate for around 200USD for 15 nights. The rate changed over christmas but the average was around 200USD.

Got the free transfer from and to the airport, no problem!

Staff is great and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Markus
I guess Putra was more wondering what room category (e.g. Classic Room, Singaraja Room, etc.) & rate type (Adv. Purchase, Best Flex, etc.) you booked to get an upgrade to a Club room with Club access without paying an extra 100 USD a day for the club access as is the normal situation at IC Bali.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: Spire RA, 1865 Voyager, Bonvoy Titanium, FB LP, LH SEN.
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-S8000/S8000XXIG3 SHP/VPP/R5 Jasmine/1.0 Nextreaming SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Any update whether they still have the all day snack menu? Thanks
Old Jan 4, 2011, 10:58 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Originally Posted by demue
I guess Putra was more wondering what room category (e.g. Classic Room, Singaraja Room, etc.) & rate type (Adv. Purchase, Best Flex, etc.) you booked to get an upgrade to a Club room with Club access without paying an extra 100 USD a day for the club access as is the normal situation at IC Bali.
+1 - I'd be very interested to hear exactly what you booked and how you managed to get such a good upgrade - especially with club access
Old Jan 4, 2011, 9:30 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
Wirelessly posted (SAMSUNG-S8000/S8000XXIG3 SHP/VPP/R5 Jasmine/1.0 Nextreaming SMM-MMS/1.2.0 profile/MIDP-2.1 configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Any update whether they still have the all day snack menu? Thanks
Well last time I was there was in June / July 2010 but the snack menu was offered (on request) and had about 5-7 items in total from the different restaurants main menus but in smaller sample dish versions. As usual you could order as many as you wanted.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:56 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, MR Gold
Originally Posted by Markus1301
Update:

I just checked out yesterday and checked in at the IC Jakarta (upgraded to a Suite with Club access)

IC Bali:
6.30-11am Breakfirst
2-4pm Afternoon tea (sandwiches and cake)
5-7.30 happy hour in the lounge and pool (cold and warm meal and drinks, crepe at the pool, as kids are not alowed in the club)

I booked the cheapest available rate for around 200USD for 15 nights. The rate changed over christmas but the average was around 200USD.

Got the free transfer from and to the airport, no problem!

Staff is great and I wish I could have stayed longer.

Markus
Any late night snack? 10PM and above?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:54 am

Programs: BA, FB, LH; PC/IC, HH, MR
Chinatrvl, my understanding is that the complimentary snack menu has been withdrawn, and that outside the "set hours", there are paid-for snacks available. I've not been myself as yet, but a recent review on TripAdvisor seems to confirm that.

It's probably worth emailing the property to confirm. (If you decide to, please let us know the outcome).
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:43 am

Originally Posted by markdg
Chinatrvl, my understanding is that the complimentary snack menu has been withdrawn, and that outside the "set hours", there are paid-for snacks available. I've not been myself as yet, but a recent review on TripAdvisor seems to confirm that.

It's probably worth emailing the property to confirm. (If you decide to, please let us know the outcome).
I have emailed them about snack menu outside the "set hours". I got replied saying that snack menu outside "set hours" are available but on personal account.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by Putra
I have emailed them about snack menu outside the "set hours". I got replied saying that snack menu outside "set hours" are available but on personal account.
Wow that would be a big minus as that was to me what somehow covered the exorbitant Club charge every day.

Well now that I'm not RA any longer and a humble Amb I book Classic rooms, get my upgrade to Singaraja room (online confirmed already) and take the price difference of roughly 150-180 USD a day (versus a Club room) and have great meals (plus a spa treatment here or there) outside of the hotel. More efficient use of my money in my view. In case I want a suite I would book Singaraja room and get a Singaraja duplex (note for RA this gets even better).

Don't get me wrong, the Club is still very nice and all that, but I don't get hammered on drinks every day and therefore the cost of Club access is just getting too steep. With no 24hrs snack menu free of charge any longer it would loose some considerable appeal.

Last edited by demue; Jan 6, 2011 at 12:55 am
Old Jan 6, 2011, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by demue
Wow that would be a big minus as that was to me what somehow covered the exorbitant Club charge every day.

Well now that I'm not RA any longer and a humble Amb I book Classic rooms, get my upgrade to Singaraja room (online confirmed already) and take the price difference of roughly 150-180 USD a day (versus a Club room) and have great meals (plus a spa treatment here or there) outside of the hotel. More efficient use of my money in my view. In case I want a suite I would book Singaraja room and get a Singaraja duplex (note for RA this gets even better).

Don't get me wrong, the Club is still very nice and all that, but I don't get hammered on drinks every day and therefore the cost of Club access is just getting too steep. With no 24hrs snack menu free of charge any longer it would loose some considerable appeal.
Indeed, indeed, I agree. The evening food spread has become less and less over the years and now the snack menu's gone. On the other hand, rates have almost doubled since I first stayed there. The club option isn't that attractive anymore - and without club one might even consider another hotel...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:04 pm

Goshh....I didn't even know IC Club served free snacks 24 hours before this. If compared The Laguna, Westin, Conrad and IC, which one better yah?
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:24 pm

Goshh....I didn't even know IC Club served free snacks 24 hours before this. If compared The Laguna, Westin, Conrad and IC, which one better yah?
I think staying in Nusa Dua is the biggest mistake you can make. Jimbaran is a great (if not the best) beach around.
Therefore, the ic still got a big advantage.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:34 pm

I think staying in Nusa Dua is the biggest mistake you can make. Jimbaran is a great (if not the best) beach around.
Old Jan 6, 2011, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by Chinatrvl

I heard this statements before in Tripadvisor, thats why I'm choosing IC Bali instead Nusa Dua Hotels. Another think in mind, should I consider buying Ambassador membership? I know KL will have IC soon so I might have little advantage there. Is it worth?
Old Jan 7, 2011, 1:03 am

Defintely not Nusa Dua. I stayed at the Hyatt for one night because I had a free night that was expiring and while the room was decent enough the overall property could be anywhere in the world with a tropical climate and not just in Bali. Beach is okay but you have to walk like 500m into the water to get any depth and then there are nasty rocks. Jimbaran is way better, other then that go to Ubud into the mountains. I mean all depends on preferences but IC Bali does retain nice grounds, good rooms and a certain Balineses spirit.

I use the FWNC there and that's it. Apart from that I could understand if someone rather considers other (smaller) properties or one of the nice villas one can rent, especially if more then 2 people in traveling party.
Old Jan 7, 2011, 4:35 am

Programs: VA Platinum, QF Lifetime silver (ex plat :(), Accor Gold, IHG Ambassador, PC Platinum, Starwood Gold
it does indeed depend - we were travelling with a 2yo and stayed in club suites in both IC and hyatt nusa dua. Of course IC is wonderful but we were really impressed with the Hyatt - pools were better for us than beach anyway with toddler, she loved the water slides, the aqua class was better run than IC, the food in restaurants at Hyatt were generally far better (except teppanyaki where IC was better) and considerably cheaper, esp (but not only) when catering for children. We stayed on points at the Hyatt but the welcome and treatment throughout was impeccable, they brought us lovely filtered coffee/teas when we woke in the morning as a nice free touch for gold passport (only basic) membership. Kids welcome in club lounge at anytime vs only in day at IC. The suite was lovely, and a nanny was incredibly cheap and lovely for a couple of hours here and there. We ended up paying her significantly more to travel to IC when we moved back there and wanted to go out for husbands birthday.
The IC is stunning but there seemed to be a widespread sense of arrogance rather than just service and welcome, the main food options near pools not all that great and very poor value, esp when also looking at kids options.
Just my 2 cents worth...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.