Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:12 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Club Intercontinental lounge: evening presentation 17 - 19 H

palermo especially for you, i took the opportunity to tear myself away from my mother-in-law at the Club Intercontinental pool during the evening presentation (she was about to tell a more naughty joke about a nun sitting at the vegan coffee bar operated by a lacto ovo vegetarian rabbi: as she has unlimited variaties on that joke not suitable for chaste Kosher ears and they get naughtier by every glass she empties..... )

and went alone to the Club Intercontinental lounge during 17 - 19 H evening presentation to have a look around to satisfy my curiosity.
Where I must say an oasis of calm, i'm missing my mother-in-law's tipsy voice being sushed down by my embarressed brother in law, while both my great spinster aunts are laughing like sirens. demue : yes i do really appreciate you wishing me happy holidays but now i realise why family reunions are only once every 5 years

So the Club Intercontinental lounge is after 17 H an oasis of calm with the piano player treating us to easy listening tunes.
All your favorites, "Girl from Ipanena" & "Cherchez la Femme "and bossa nova styles with a dash of Christmas tunes thrown in ...

As everyone was wondering what's on offer during 17 - 19 H ?

Let's start with the small buffet set up

Crudités

3 different types of salad

Tropical Fruits

2 types of desserts

Cold ensembles

Bread selection

I was informed that the mixed salad options / the desserts rotate daily for a week on an interval
On some days, a live station will be set up to offer à la commandé fresh fingerfood : summer rols, aneka gorengan etc ....

EDIT
Saturdays the live station is hosted by a friendly chef from the Bella Cucina restaurant.
In this case offering a fresh sample portion of the "Paccheri Prawn in Bouillabaisse emulsion"

Very tasty and worthwhile to order more at restaurant Bella Cucina

As soon as you sit down at a table, you are presented with a menu highlighting today's canapé platter offering.
These rotate also daily on a weekly interval

For today Thursday "Day 3"

EDIT
And for Saturday : Day 1

Quite tasty

More a nibble but they are happy to offer extras ...
.. I observed an elderly couple ordering food from Jimbaran Gardens to be eaten in Club Lntercontinental Lounge,
as they just arrived from a flight into DPS,
this is possible and happily accomodated but be aware that nominal pricing according to the menu is applicable.
BTW, they seem to be regulars and were just checking in

To return back on topic,
once you sit down you are offered a trio of snacks .....
olives, kripiks and nuts .....
these last 2 rotate also ....
but OMG, the katjang bawang putih (garlic) is like heaven

(Sidenote:
after leisurely reading LKY 100,
i switched to light absurd comedy with the Dutch novel" it's never fun when you drive and hit a tree")

And to recap what's available in drinks....
Be reminded that due to local, regional, national laws and customs,
only 1 alcohol drink per guest can be offered and poured per table
But refills are happily offered when the glass hits the bottom.

And check my post made for pretzlaff at
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35821615-post1863.html
Concerning the complete array of the Club Intercontinental lounge bar
"i've died and gone to Midori heaven"

Verdict
A relaxing place where one can chill in airconditioned comfort with a small nibble,
food will not constitute a dinner substitution but the drinks more than make up any shortcomings.
Besides that, the Club Intercontinental staff are friendly, polite, breathing welcoming Balinese hospitality.
Hope you find this informative, i have to admit the Club Intercontinental Lounge puts me back in the tropical holiday mood instead of being the family reunion organiser and private confidential secretary
binman and Aventine like this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 23, 2023 at 6:08 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Located in wing 6 on the second floor
Living room + dining room + bedroom face all towards the southwest.
Some seaviews possible if you look through the greenery of the trees.
Do not leave any food out on the balcony because your visitors are feisty chipmunks
Has an extra toilet
Has a seperate butler's entrance and a pantry.
Comes with dual vanity sink and dual shower in the bathroom
Has the possibility for 2x extra bed

* difference between Bukit suite & Pecatu suite is that :
Bukit: with discrete extra entrance + kitchenette > no extra complete bathroom
Pecatu : with 2nd complete bathroom > no kitchenette / extra entrance
- both suites can host larger families

* can be combined to make a 4 bedroom suite via connecting doors
6223 Uluwatu suite
6225 Club Intercontinental room
6227 Club Intercontinental room
6229 Bukit suite

Double shower ..... it's the first time i've ever seen this novelty!
Common in some Diplomatic and Presidential suites. Always enjoy to go along with you in your TRs and love the details and photos.

Last edited by Aventine; Dec 21, 2023 at 5:24 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 5:38 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
And for anyone wondering who / what about the newly added Jimbaran convention center
(expansion of the meetings pavillion)

http://arkdesign-architects.com/en/aq-updates/

I didn't know untill i accidently used google maps app instead of in browser
I need to check it out tomorrow

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 21, 2023 at 6:09 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:24 am

Update F&B voucher

Can report that using the F&B voucher is a seamless experience via the IHG app.
The current voucher is worth 310200 IDR

The same value should be applicable at other IHG hotels on Bali: Six Senses Uluwatu, Indigo Seminyak, Holiday Inn Baruna etc ....
Ofcourse the best value on the Island is to use them at the fancy dining at the Six Senses Uluwatu with the Cliff bar https://www.sixsenses.com/en/resorts...tu-bali/dining

As per Kevin's suggestion
Video was made during/slightly post pandemic
Old Dec 21, 2023, 6:47 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
Common in some Diplomatic and Presidential suites.
Always enjoy to go along with you in your TRs and love the details and photos.
Thank you very much for your compliments, praise like that give happiness that i can entertain and take you along with me

A small note for those travelling with kids/parents/maid/security detail/ others,
concerning specialty suites,
only the Uluwatu and Bukit suites offer the possibility to expand via connecting door with the Club Intercontinental room next to it.
There is no connecting door possibility offered with the garden suite / Balinese suite / sanctuary Jimbaran suite / Pecatu suite
(those suites should be on one's priority list if one needs privacy for their honeymoon or if one prefers silence)

As demue has graciously shared, there were talks of inventing true 2xbedroom suites but the 4 combo connecting rooms/suites give the hotel much more flexibility to allocate rooms according to demand and possibility .... similair to IC AMS who can subdivide their Presidential and Champagne suite in smaller units (executive / jr. suite) to match demand.

Aventine no wonder all diplomats and presidents look so clean,
a double shower must give enough possibility to rinse both ears out simultaneous

demue again thank you for your valuable architectual insight about the water closet moving about during the renovations causing a somewhat "cavernous " shower cubicle instead...... your Christmas wish has been fulfilled as in the next posts , i will grant you a visual insight into the Balinese suite and the sanctuary Jimbaran suite.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 21, 2023 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 7:18 am

Balinese suite #5401

Located in wing 5 on the 4 th floor,
this suite is designated as the second level of the speciality suites catagory.
(first level being the garden suite)
It looks out on the lagoon + garden and is well situated close to the elevator and to the Singaraja space and the Club Intercontinental lounge.
The Balinese suite and the garden suite are the closest to the main lobby.

Kudos to our butler, as we expressed an interest in commiting to revisit IC Bali Jimbaran again but were unsure which suite should suit us best.
Ergo, especially now that we will be travelling without kids in the future as they have begun their own life .....
Our kind butler offered to show us both Balinese and Sanctuary Jimbaran suite today inbetween guest occupancy checkout - check in .
Apologies, the bed of the Balinese suite was being completely changed and refreshed by housekeeping.... i hope we didn't startle them ...

So let's step in,

Location of the Balinese suite,
the hotel has only 2 of this type specialty suite

This is the second smallest of the specialty suites group inventory

And interiors are renovated and fresh

Looking towards the entrance (right) and left the bedroom/bathroom

Ready for Christmas

Living room : no connecting door

Living room has balcony access and a dining table for 4

We turn around and move towards the bedroom

Walk in closet space

Oops, sorry to disturb you housekeeping team ....

Bedroom:
apologies dear housekeeping team that we startled you with our room survey ....
But good to know that a deep clean replacement is done inbetween different guest occupancy

We turn ourselves around

Looking from bedroom into living room
Note the bedroom has a desk doubling as ladies vanity area

We turn left through the walk in closet space to the bathroom

Toilet
Yay, the fancy Japanese toto washlet that does everything to keep front and back in a blissful state of cleaniness

As demue mentioned, the faucet is in the middle of the tub and one must elegantly throw their legs around it like a contoritionist
Or if you are stoutly built like me, first sit on the edge and smoothly step in

Bathtub
Fortunately enough space to manouver to step in

Double sink vanity
(Uluwatu suite has only one btw)

Turning around

Modern shower
Similair to all other specialty suites with the "press" and go button regulating system

And a look outdoors

Balcony is quite larger with 2x outdoor funiture set

Be reminded you cannot go au natural on your balcony ...,
the rightside window lattice work is needed due to firebrigade access rules.....
but then again you are the first to be rescued if you are au naturel on your balcony......
- just my silly thought -

You wouldn't guess we are staying in the rainy season but i guess one can thank El Nĩno for that .....

Complete view from the balcony

Verdict
A nice true one bedroom suite,
somewhat compact but perfectly suiting a couple.
It would be impossible to fit an extra bed in.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 21, 2023 at 7:28 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:16 am

Sanctuary suite #4229 level 2 , wing 4

In the past the sanctuary suite was called the Jimbaran suite.
At the moment there are currently 2x sanctuary suites in the hotel.
These are classed the third highest of the speciality suites catagories due to:
- beach front views
- footprint in m2
- balcony size
- seperate kitchenette / pantry and discrete butler's door
- a dining table large enought to host together Patty Brard, Connie Witteman and Patricia Paay without worrying they are going to strangle each other
for those not in the know of the Dutch showbizz queens:
https://www.ditjesendatjes.nl/patric...onnie-witteman
https://www.mediacourant.nl/2023/05/...ty-brard-dirt/

Apologies i've been reading my greataunts' gossip magazines after i finished my Dutch absurd humor book.....

Returning back on topic,
Both sanctuary suites are on the tip of building 4,
however one looks out to Jimbaran gardens restaurant (more private as trees obscure from down to above) and the sea
but
however the other looks out to the lawn seperating beach from Club Intercontinental pool (more visible from below) and the sea

Let's have a look

Floorplan of wing 4 = building 4000

I had to blotch my face and figure out in some of the photos ..... people still seem to recognise me from my movies
Otherwise the jetset flees knowing the paparazzi has landed

The sanctuary suites are mirror images of each other on the second floor of wing 4.

As you can see both have a discrete extra door for each suite's kitchen

And let's enter

Living room
Also here ready for the festive season.....

I remember demue , you mentioned that in the past one of these sanctuary Jimbaran suites was allocated as residence for the GM?

Dining room with left the door to the kitchen

And a look in the kitchen

Kitchen
Had to blotch out my face again....darn reflection and belly.....
nicolas75 how impressive that you always make such exquisite photos without revealing yourself - a true art form

Discrete door from kitchen to outer hallway corridor

Going back to the living room

From living room to bedroom, you will find on your lefthandside .....

An extra toilet ....
complete with most sophisticated modern equipment ....
say what you want about Japanese toilet technology but they are years ahead of us !

And we turn right into the bedroom

Bedroom,
enough space to fit an extra bed in

Bedroom is quite large and could use a mirror or painting above the desk

Also this suite does not have any connecting door with other rooms

Walk in closet space

With room for a ladies vanity area

And through the closet to reach the bathroom

Bathroom with dual sink, seperate bath and shower stall (solitaire shower here)

And last but not least

Bathroom has its own modern Toto toilet

And why is this suite so popular .?

The outdoors area

The long balcony from bedroom to living room to dining room

Looking across from the balcony you look at the side of Jimbaran gardens restaurant
Sometimes a bit of a waft in smell and noise but that's all in the hands of winds

And this is the beachfront view all the way upfront at the edge

Verdict
Allthough quite similair to the Bukit suite in amenities and layout, the premium of being oceanfront cannot be denied.
You are closer to the action but will during daytime / evening get sometimes some noise and smells.
But hey, if the smells are grilled items than it is actually appetite inducing
Similair if the sounds are the Balinese gamelan orchestra playing = free serenade
And if the owner is not in residence (below both the sanctuary suites) this could be the moste private and quiet part of the whole resort as wing 6 with the Bukit & Uluwatu suites do have noise of the Club Intercontinental fountain pools, the frog song of the lagoon and the chirping of the crickets in the meadow.

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 21, 2023 at 8:41 am
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
The club pool is the best benefit of the club rooms. It’s so nice to have that area to hang out all day.
Having drinks all day by the pool is such a treat and cocktails by the pool at night are better than in the lounge IMHO.
You are very right, especially with the elderly who do not need to worry about the extra drinking cost so they can stay properly hyderated.
And unlimited milkshakes, i already get teased & poked in my stomach by both my kids as again having the same shape of the past
Old Dec 21, 2023, 9:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Hi HadesNL - nice to see what Sanctuary Suites look like these days in their post-Jimbaran incarnation. The bathroom is definitely a step down in fanciness for both Bukit and Jimbaran Suites as the Jacuzzi tubs are gone. While I can understand that maybe a double size / couple jacuzzi was not necessary, the layout of the bathroom and the space hasn't changed much and the space gained has not been well utilized in our book, but moving water pipes and drainages and all that and doing a proper reconfiguration of the entire suite maybe would have come much more expensive of course though putting in a standard jacuzzi tub where the current regulars tub sits would not have been a huge issue / expense. Well less things to break down and maintain I guess (to keep a jacuzzi hygienic takes more effort). Anyways, overall the Sanctuary suite doesn't scream 800 USD per night +21% to us, but maybe we are just too picky . A bit of a missed opportunity to do something a bit more exciting design wise (while maintaining the Balinese look and feel) other than slapping new marble in various places.

As for the use of the 4 Sanctuary suites, in the old days one was used for senior staff, whether it always was the GM or some other senior level member of the team I don't recall exactly, I thought at some point it was some lady from the management team, but that would have been years ago.

Personally, we had the lower floor left side suite (when facing towards the beach front, closest to Jimbaran Gardens kitchen) a few times and the outdoor patio is nice, but the kitchen exhaust from Jimbaran Garden vents into that direction and it isn't always entirely mouth watering smells wafting ones way. Deep fryer oily kind of smells also can cross your nose . hence, we always preferred the right side suites on top or bottom floor, but weren't always successful with that request. Anyways, these days, as you indicated as well, AFAIK the two ground level Sanctuary suites are usually blocked.

One comment on ordering food from the hotel restaurants (Jimbaran Gardens / Room Service mostly) and consuming it at the Club. As you shared, that is possible and we do it all the time, but usually it is not available during the breakfast, afternoon tea or evening drinks timings and only afterwards / in between. That was no issue for us, we would order a last drink and then get the food for dinner and have that plus non-alcoholic ones like sparking water with our meal. Nicer than to have a room smelling of food before bed time. YMMV.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:31 am

Influencers & Vloggers

Starting today, the hotel feels much busier. I heard that it might even hit > 80% occupancy.
It's getting so busy that one registered RA has 43 rooms ! Has the sheik with the harem discovered Bali ?
Anyway, a ensemble of veiled ladies is live streaming vlogging throughout the resort .....

Or maybe it is Ms. Bobo Cantik filming for her dedicated Indonesian hotel review channel on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/BoboCantik
Anyway, if you see a recent video of the resort anytime soon, the guy with the moustache and grey beard + belly + arm sleave tattoo : me ....
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:38 am

Aqua & beach

The weather has been great so far,
Slighlty windy during the day, makes a great breeze but deceiving easy to get a tan line.
The swim up bar at Jimbaran Gardens is getting more popular every day

Swim up bar at Jimbaran Gardens

More seats have been deployed and scattered about
Raise the yellow flag if you desire bar service

Beach has been clean so far since yesterday

Also not to busy at Jimbaran beach during the day

And even today the beach was still clean
I now noticed how tanned everyone is !
Aventine likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:41 am

Hotel giftshop

Normally things are pretty steep priced but i did see something that i wish i could bring back home ....

Interesting that Byredo is for sale

And the complete Byredo line is for sale

If anyone wants to gift me something..... the statue of Vishnu Trimurti to the left is exactly my taste !
Old Dec 22, 2023, 6:55 am

Sunset bar & grill

During the day,
one has a panoramic view on the Four Seasons hotel, the sea, Gunung Agung and the airport.
After 12 noon some music starts playing
Between 14 - 16 H daily is the happy hour with buy 1 drink get 1 drink free
Around 18.00 is when the live singer with her band starts performing.
Come around 17.00 to secure a table to watch the sunset

This is the venue during daytime
A lot of different tables for 2 / 4 / 6 / 8 in the open air

There are also shaded tables
You can see they are holding hands ..... romance is in the air

The podium where the energetic but excellent lady singer performs every evening.....
mostly love songs , romantic ballads ...
. i spotted my big bro smooching with his GF

And to give you an idea about the pricing level

Drinks menu

Drinks menu

Drinks menu

Drinks menu

And what's for food ?

Food menu

Complimentary nuts & kroepoek are offered

A look at some dishes

Charred carrots, onion, pomgranate, carrots, onion, pomegranate, pumpkin seed, lemon dressing 145.000 IDR

CHICKEN SATAY
175.000 IDR
All served with peanut sauce, vegetable pickle, prawn crackers and steam rice

CHICKEN BREAST
175.000 IDR
All from the grill served with small mixed salad, vegetable ratatouille
and herb sautéed potatos or french fries

And is the sunset bar true to its name ?

Ambiance at night

With a breeze it is sheer delight but without ..... pack or put on some anti-mozzie ..... it's like Dracula's delight with sweet blood

Last edited by HadesNL; Dec 22, 2023 at 8:08 am
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:08 am

Love is in the air

Several posts upthread i wrote that a gentleman was discussing with the specialist concierge at the Singaraja Space about the possibilities to set up the most perfect proposal and romantic intermezzo......

Well here is the happy couple Nick & Deidre....
Complete with saxophonist and photographer ...
"just the the two of us"

The whole setup as arranged by the hotel, complete package with orchestra,

The happy couple

Romance is in the air , music fills the heavens, the image etched eternally + Tiffany rings around the fingers

Doesn't this make you feel moody for romance ?
Aventine likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2023, 7:59 am

Restaurant Bella Cucina

The last time we ate here was prepandemic and i had to admit the Italian cuisine was quite tasty and well executed.
Fast forward post pandemic and renovations.... as demue has noted the restaurant had a rocky restart and slight identity crisis.
Actually although it is only open for dinners ..... there is now an upstairs chique "de friemel" with dress code cuisinièr connaître

Only on the upper level of Bella Cucina ...... one must be trousered .....

Way to fancy for me and my twin brother ...... as we were having a double date with me and S/O and him with his GF.
We opted for the casual smart dinner à la carte downstairs. You can feel the resort reaching higher occupancy levels, there was a good amount of guests wanting to eat outside and inside .....(airconditioned comfort, i tried to use my lipbalm and it went limp due to melting because of the tropic heat)
The interior is different but the service is still all smiles and very attentive. Currently the kitchen is headed by a western chef.

An all new interior that is ..... different than i remembered and expected ...

The open kitchen is still there with some orginal elements

This is the owner's private room

Drinks list

There are 2 menus, 1 set offering and the other à la carte

The set menu

À la carte choices

Some of the wines on display for house pours

After your order, one is offered a nibble

From the kitchen: Amuse beet & pumpkin

From the kitchen: Amuse aubergine

Tuna Tartare 220.000 IDR Raw tuna tartare, condiment, guacamole, lemon dressing

Beef Tartare & Truffle 280.000 IDR Hand cut beef tenderloin, truffle, Black olive, tomato, fresh basil, mustard

You can see the live action in the kitchen

Ravioli Caccio Y Pepe & King Prawn Confit 250.000 IDR
Home made ravioli filling with ricotta, parmesan, black pepper, lemon thyme butter

Spaghetti Chitarra Alla Vongole 250.000 IDR
Home made spaghetti, clams, white wine, parsley, garlic, dried chilli (nice spicey kick)
venus shells

Chilian Seabass Pan Fried 460.000 IDR
Edamame, asparagus, garlie sauce & taragon oil, * squid ink mayonnaise

Pacheri Mushroom & Truffle 280.000 IDR
Paccheri, truffle cream, porcini, shimeji, parmesan, truffle
by my foodie big brother

Fettuccine & Octopus 250.000 IDR
Home made fettuccine, roasted octopus, tomato cherry, dried chilli, eggplant puree, basil pesto

Red Snapper & Bouillabaisse Emulsion 280.000 IDR
Potato pure, artichoke, carrot glace, Asperagus

The chef presenting his pièce :
Fettuccine Lobster 600.000 IDR Home made fettuccine, tomato sauce, lobster, fresh tomato cherry, basil .....,
the Australian couple mentioned an authentic lobster taste to its zenith !

But my nose was already distracted by an interesting smell

Au flambé

Crepe Suzette 130.000 IDR French dessert consisting of crepes with beurre Suzette a sauce of caramelized sugar and butter and tangerine with triple sec on top

And it tasted pretty good that i didn't want to share

Classic Tiramisu 130.000 IDR Mascarpone cheese cream with biscuit coffee flavour
(yummy ! )

Happy birthday !
The whole kitchen team came to sing in choir and the lady was able to make a wish by blowing out the candle.
The gentleman was offered to bring the sweet back to the room so that they could enjoy it there

Verdict
can strongly recommend all pasta dishes, that is their USP
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...Kuta_Bali.html
interesting we met the same people from the Club Intercontinental lounge + Club Intercontinental pool who went to go for a second time
the fact that IHG-1rewards elites get 20% discount made it even a better deal
although sitting outside underneath the stars and full moon, enjoying the sunset bar's sultry singer + band's live music, means romance,
we were getting slightly nuts because of the mosquitos so moved inside ....
it was however a succesful double date, it was nice to finally get properly acquainted and judge how they ever got together and that it lasts
Aventine likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.