Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
Originally Posted by Modo
All your questions are answered in detail already if you read the thread!
There is no need for that response to his questions! Relax. We all have at some stage not know it all

@ kyushuman

1) They are different. Only the premium rooms with Club Intercontinental access allow access to the proper Club lounge and to the Club pool with free non alcoholic drinks all day. There is no separate pool for SIngaraja lounge. I have not been myself to the updated Singaraja lounge but I understand they offer a few wines, very very simple snacks during evening cocktails hour and just coffee all day. It is very important that you understand that it is a total different experience. There is nothing special about Singaraja rooms, other than access to the second tier Singaraja lounge,.
2) That is not the base Club room. That is the Singaraja base room,. Typical upgrade from both base room (Singaraja and Premium Club room) is to a duplex room.

3) You can do a buy up to Club if you are using points. Prices vary widely. I paid c. 100 euro last year but I have lounge pass. I have been quoted c. 200 in the past and I have heard of 150. That is per day and per room for two people. You can ask them by email. There are quick at responding

Last edited by palermo; Mar 17, 2024 at 3:16 am
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
My experience was:

Singaraja was inadequate and poor and not worth going to.

The REAL Club Lounge was dramatic, almost formal, wonderful, and a daily highlight going to both Tea and Happy Hour.

They care about customers and their experience. I would email them and ask the Real Lounge upcharge, and ask about mixed cash and points bookings. Compare that to simply booking a Real Club room.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: AC E75K, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by palermo
There is no need for that response to his questions! Relax. We all have at some stage not know it all

@ kyushuman

1) They are different. Only the premium rooms with Club Intercontinental access allow access to the proper Club lounge and to the Club pool with free non alcoholic drinks all day. There is no separate pool for SIngaraja lounge. I have not been myself to the updated Singaraja lounge but I understand they offer a few wines, very very simple snacks during evening cocktails hour and just coffee all day. It is very important that you understand that it is a total different experience. There is nothing special about Singaraja rooms, other than access to the second tier Singaraja lounge,.
2) That is not the base Club room. That is the Singaraja base room,. Typical upgrade from both base room (Singaraja and Premium Club room) is to a duplex room.

3) You can do a buy up to Club if you are using points. Prices vary widely. I pay c. 100 euro last year but I have lounge pass. I have been quoted c. 200 in the pass and I have heard of 150. That is per day and per room for two people. You can ask them by email. There are quick at responding
Just trying to clarify something from your comment above, for our stay in May. If you have the lounge pass, do you still have to pay to get to the "proper club lounge"?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by yyckiwi
Just trying to clarify something from your comment above, for our stay in May. If you have the lounge pass, do you still have to pay to get to the "proper club lounge"?
No with the lounge pass you get access to the proper club lounge. I believe at the beginning the hotel try to play some games to say that the lounge pass gave access to the Singaraja lounge but this is clear now and you are fully entitled to use the proper Club Lounge. However, the Club pool is excluded from the lounge pass benefits. There are some reports of the Club pool being included for some lounge pass holders but this is not the default position and they are not obliged to do so under the Lounge pass rules.

I was offered a reduced rate for full Club benefits (ie Club pool and room in the Club side 6xxx) due to having the Lounge pass. To me the Club Pool is what makes the experience as I find the big pool to be quite crowded.
Old Mar 16, 2024, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No with the lounge pass you get access to the proper club lounge. I believe at the beginning the hotel try to play some games to say that the lounge pass gave access to the Singaraja lounge but this is clear now and you are fully entitled to use the proper Club Lounge. However, the Club pool is excluded from the lounge pass benefits. There are some reports of the Club pool being included for some lounge pass holders but this is not the default position and they are not obliged to do so under the Lounge pass rules.

I was offered a reduced rate for full Club benefits (ie Club pool and room in the Club side 6xxx) due to having the Lounge pass. To me the Club Pool is what makes the experience as I find the big pool to be quite crowded.
Yeah, 100% worth it to pay extra for the full club benefits that include the club pool and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day by the pool.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Yeah, 100% worth it to pay extra for the full club benefits that include the club pool and unlimited non-alcoholic drinks throughout the day by the pool.
Yes and that quickly adds up for two people. We are basically at the pool 9am to 5pm.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:31 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA

@ kyushuman

3) You can do a buy up to Club if you are using points. Prices vary widely. I paid c. 100 euro last year but I have lounge pass. I have been quoted c. 200 in the past and I have heard of 150. That is per day and per room for two people. You can ask them by email. There are quick at responding
Thank you for the details. I've booked the first 2 nights using the Ambassdor BOGO in a "real" Club Room. Then 4 nights in a standard room using points. I emailed to [email protected] yesterday. No reply, still have 10 days before it becomes non-refundable. Is there a different email anyone has used?
Thanks!
Old Mar 18, 2024, 6:56 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by kyushuman
Thank you for the details. I've booked the first 2 nights using the Ambassdor BOGO in a "real" Club Room. Then 4 nights in a standard room using points. I emailed to [email protected] yesterday. No reply, still have 10 days before it becomes non-refundable. Is there a different email anyone has used?
Thanks!
Try [email protected] - the Club team responded to me almost by return.

The pricing parameters in the thread are correct. Expect US$100 per day.

The upgrade map for Ambassadors has been described in the thread as being to Duplex. So club goes to Club Duplex. Some posters don't like these rooms. I do - but they can be long rooms with only a patio window.... so dark - and the steps to bedroom are challenging even for this aging mountaineer! Not sure I can see any benefit in the Duplex in the Club wing over regular wing. Indeed some have stated the refurbishment is better in the regular wing!

The outstanding question is how much is the fee for AMB with lounge Pass to use the Club pool. It certainly is wothwhile for peaceful recreation compared to the main pools.

Singrajah is pleasant but it is more like a European CP offer. The Club lounge is more like a gentleman's club that allows women to visit. LOL Staff are delightful. The evening cocktail food is high quality but on a 3 day rotation. The breakfast is not as interesting as in the main restaurant for international variety.

Food, location and base level rooms I much prefer Sanur.
Old Mar 18, 2024, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by Modo
Try [email protected] - the Club team responded to me almost by return.

The pricing parameters in the thread are correct. Expect US$100 per day.

The upgrade map for Ambassadors has been described in the thread as being to Duplex. So club goes to Club Duplex. Some posters don't like these rooms. I do - but they can be long rooms with only a patio window.... so dark - and the steps to bedroom are challenging even for this aging mountaineer! Not sure I can see any benefit in the Duplex in the Club wing over regular wing. Indeed some have stated the refurbishment is better in the regular wing!

The outstanding question is how much is the fee for AMB with lounge Pass to use the Club pool. It certainly is wothwhile for peaceful recreation compared to the main pools.

Singrajah is pleasant but it is more like a European CP offer. The Club lounge is more like a gentleman's club that allows women to visit. LOL Staff are delightful. The evening cocktail food is high quality but on a 3 day rotation. The breakfast is not as interesting as in the main restaurant for international variety.

Food, location and base level rooms I much prefer Sanur.

I paid 100 USD for the days when I used points last year and I have lounge pass and AMB Diamond status (so free breakfast) but it was in September which is still within high season.

I am surprised they are quoting 100 USD for 2 people with no lounge pass but they use that as a token to get bookings in lower season
Old Mar 18, 2024, 12:28 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Oh, so the price for the upgrade to club on a points booking with NO lounge pass (I'm just Platinum Ambassador) may be higher?
Thanks
Old Mar 19, 2024, 2:22 am

Oh, so the price for the upgrade to club on a points booking with NO lounge pass (I'm just Platinum Ambassador) may be higher?
Thanks
It could well be depending on time of the year but you are better off asked them directly. Use the Club email address directly that Modo provided in his post.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 10:35 am

Thanks for the replies. I got a reply within 24 hours from the email you provided:
[email protected]
Answer: On a points booking for April, the price quoted is IDR 13,105,000 ++ per room per night. So, US$83++ = about US$100.
I'm seeing some disagreement about how good the club lounge is. Is it more of a standard Club Lounge? Or-- Does it match up as good or better than, for example, the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency in Bali-- said the be quite good?
Thanks again.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 11:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Thank you everyone for answering this thread's question in my absence,
I'm aboard the Celebrity Infinity cruiseship,
where internet is amazingly fast except on sea days where tout everyone is live streaming their holiday at once at the dessert extravaganza on fornal night.
Had so much ballroom dancing that i finally have time to sit down. Mother is quite a fanatic !

Many find IC Bali Jimbaran's Club Intercontinental a waste of money for their weak evening food presentation.
It won't constitute a dinner meal and one can dine much cheaper outside the resort and at beach seafood shacks. If calculation $ versus value)

However the lounge is very strong in its alcoholic offering,
although no Louis Roeder Cristal or Perrier Jouet Belle poque
the alcoholic drinks range suits much flavours ... and with alcohol prices in Bali that are pretty steep...during evening presentation there are 2 dedicated bartenders who can mix up anything upon request..... nuff said.......
and i say it again : Midori : makes it all worthwhile as we do not have this in Amsterdam

Many find club upsell worth for its calm airconditioned ambiance and dedicated club reception team.
The club does a pleasant breakfast & afternoon tea. And who can resist the live piano during the evening presentation.
Ofcourse Taman Gita 's breakfast has a lot more choice as designated breakfast room

Others see value in enjoying nonstop free flow non alcoholic drinks at a dedicated club pool (and in the evening short window some alcoholic)

Hyatt Regency Sanur's club has more hot food & more live stations during evening happy hour.
Befits a small meal, it should satisfy your appetite
Hyatt Regency Bali REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I have no recent experience of the Grand Hyatt Bali regency's club but it seems to mimic a suitable evening offer
Grand Hyatt Bali (Joint with Bali Hyatt pre-closing 11/14) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Last edited by HadesNL; Mar 20, 2024 at 7:31 am
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by HadesNL
and i say it again : Midori : makes it all worthwhile as we do not have this in Amsterdam
entirely off topic but given you mentioned Midori!

Still Game was a much loved Scottish comedy show and one that had a cult following. This episode was memorable for many reasons including a starring role for Midori!

There are no subtitles

Old Mar 20, 2024, 6:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Thanks for the replies. I got a reply within 24 hours from the email you provided:
[email protected]
Answer: On a points booking for April, the price quoted is IDR 13,105,000 ++ per room per night. So, US$83++ = about US$100.
I'm seeing some disagreement about how good the club lounge is. Is it more of a standard Club Lounge? Or-- Does it match up as good or better than, for example, the Grand Hyatt or Hyatt Regency in Bali-- said the be quite good?
Thanks again.
I surely hope you accidentally added an extra zero at the end as what you wrote is ~830 USD + 21% and not 83$.

If it's 100$ all in per night, personally I find it fair value for what it offers. Breakfast, afternoon tea and evening drinks are definitely better at IC Bali than HR Bali. The spirits and wine at HR Regency Club are bottom shelf usually - wine including sparkling is a local one which is not yet any good.

IC Club lounge is a classier afair for now. Only evening nibbles are weak as HadesNL already highlighted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.