Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
The suite you booked does not include Club Lounge access. For that you need to book a Club room at minimum or for suites book Club Duplex or higher, Bali, Uluwatu, Jimbaran, Bukit, etc.

Even if you book Club suite, for 4 adults (?) they will likely charge you for 2 extra people. This will be expensive overall. You rate already has breakfast, not worth it in my book, but YMMV.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:55 am

Programs: IHG P; HH G
Thanks Demue! Also, I don't think they will offer any room upgrade as the next level room is the club room. Direct book club suite is 120USD++ more expensive than the one I booked.
Old Aug 6, 2018, 3:32 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
HI all, I'm still pontificating between IC and Indigo. Both will be points redemptions, any recent experiences for Spire Ambassador at IC or Spire Elite at Indigo?
Old Aug 7, 2018, 9:11 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by strickers
HI all, I'm still pontificating between IC and Indigo. Both will be points redemptions, any recent experiences for Spire Ambassador at IC or Spire Elite at Indigo?
IC Bali is usually strict for points bookings in my experience, even with the point+paid stay same room upgrade trick.
Indigo is more lenient and have seen commonly 1 or even 2 level upgrades from Indigo thread on points stay depending on availability.
not2017 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Due to a cancelled stay on Lombok next week I am thinking about staying 3 nights at the IC Bali.
My ambassador status expired and I am not planning to renew it again. But I am
still Platinum. How likely is it to get an upgrade as an IHG Platinum member?
Old Aug 10, 2018, 1:00 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by tom-schmitt
But I am still Platinum. How likely is it to get an upgrade as an IHG Platinum member?
Expect nothing.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 5:25 am

I have a points booking for a stay in December. Does IC Bali offer paid upgrades to Club for points bookings? If so, any idea on the rates? Does it make sense to contact the hotel in advance to confirm the upgrade or wait till check in?
Old Aug 11, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Originally Posted by ajayr
I have a points booking for a stay in December. Does IC Bali offer paid upgrades to Club for points bookings? If so, any idea on the rates? Does it make sense to contact the hotel in advance to confirm the upgrade or wait till check in?
Yes they offer. If you read this thread you can find some examples for pricing. Contact them for an offer or mostly they contact you and they make u an offer.
ajayr likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 11:10 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
These days, to buy up to Club expect to pay the best flex rate difference between Classic room and Club room which often is around 180USD + 21%. During low periods it may be less, during peak could be even more. YMMV.

The new management (new GM, new Resort Mgr, new Exec Chef) is very "revenue optimization" focused and with the owner investing in the major (ongoing) room renovations all prices are only going into one direction and that is up. I stayed twice in the last 3 months and that is my impression (i can give examples, but OT right now).
ajayr likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 12, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Old Aug 12, 2018, 7:52 pm

Regarding rooms, some bits FYI. Rooms and room categories will get a bit of a shuffle while renovations are ongoing.

What is a Classic room.today seem to be becoming a Jimbaran Deluxe as renovated room. What is Singaraja today will become Singaraja Premier.

The 4xxx Wing (old Singaraja) is planned to be done by October for the summit / conference on Bali. The 5xxx targeted to be done in Jan / Feb 2019. 6xxx Club wing to start refurbishments in Nov 2018 when 4xxx is ready which could become temporary Club rooms (newest refurbishment).

Many Club suites will be out of inventory once 6xxx starts renovation, e.g. Bukit, Uluwatu (4 each). Some new suite types will be introduced over time, details to be worked out / announced, but overall until full renovation is done there will be less suites available so adjust expectations of you are aiming above a Club Duplex suite.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by demue
The new management (new GM, new Resort Mgr, new Exec Chef) is very "revenue optimization" focused and with the owner investing in the major (ongoing) room renovations all prices are only going into one direction and that is up. I stayed twice in the last 3 months and that is my impression (i can give examples, but OT right now).
As far as I know, the GM, Michael Koth, joined the hotel a year ago.
Old Aug 17, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: UA 2MM * Marriott Ambassador LT Titanium * IHG Diamond Ambassador * Hilton Diamond *
Originally Posted by strickers
I recently stayed at both, got a suite upgrade at the IC and a villa upgrade at the Indigo (with a relatively small fee). The hotels are very different from each other, but both are nice.
The IC is very large and has a nice beach. The Indigo is more stylish. I was able to get a complimentary breakfast at both.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by UASPG; Aug 18, 2018 at 8:56 pm
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
As far as I know, the GM, Michael Koth, joined the hotel a year ago.
Sure, call it "current management" then if that's better. Everyone changed over the last year or so from GM to Resort Manager to Exec Chef to Director of Rooms.

Last edited by demue; Aug 18, 2018 at 2:14 am
Old Aug 17, 2018, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by UASPG
I recently stayed at both, got a suite upgrade at the IC and a villa upgrade at the Indigo (with a small fee). The hotels are very different from each other, but both are nice.
The IC is very large and has a nice beach. The Indigo is more stylish. I was able to get a complimentary breakfast at both.
Well either you are one smooth negotiator, very special, very lucky or a combination of all of that. ^

I have been a guest at the IC for close to 20 years with multiple stays a year and under the current management, no free goodies are volunteered unless a screw up happens. In the past the IC was much more generous with long time guests for sure, e.g. spa treatment for two as Club Guest (now 20% off voucher) and then the spend is not even points earning. A Club upgrade payment now gets called in the range of 180++ USD or higher, F&B prices increased (180k++ IDR for a very "underwhelming" Nasi Goreng and lets not even mention the Mee Goreng ). YMMV

The revenue pressure shines through in many actions taken. Even the Club Bale (day beds) now are chargeable (250k++ IDR for 2 hrs) for Club guests though club suite (specialty suites, not club duplex) guests get some hours free - reason to avoid arguments by guests. Okay, can see some merit, but still cheap when you just paid 600$ a night for a Club room.

They are pushing their luck big time in my book. A nice place and good staff on the ground for sure, but in that lofty price range there are many other excellent options. YMMV.
not2017 likes this.

Last edited by demue; Aug 18, 2018 at 2:19 am
Old Aug 18, 2018, 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by demue
...., no free goodies are volunteered unless a screw up happens.
That was the case, but, last year, we got a larger non-renovated Club suite upgrade without issue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.