Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2020, 6:18 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Can anyone tell me if the airport transfer is still included when booking a Club Room / Suite?

What are the evening Club benefits with smaller kids (below 12) as I read that the lounge is restricted for them in the evenings?

Anyone have some opinions about the two Villas - Imperial Villa and Jivana Villa - stay is planned for next summer (beginning of September) for our family of five and the rates are quite nice at around 450$ ++...
In the past, airport transfer has always been included into the Club benefits. No indication that it would change so far and IIRC it is still listed as a Club benefit.

As far as the two villas go, the Jivana one is more modern(ish) in styling versus the Imperial one which is more traditional Balinese. iIRC the Imperial one is on right side of resort (if you are facing the beach) while Jivana is next to the Club pool.

Ultimately either one would be quite nice. Enjoy if you are going.
Mr. LAU likes this.

Last edited by demue; Dec 7, 2020 at 6:53 am
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:20 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Did someone know the price for breakfast at arrival? When I book for November a rate incl breakfast then its 19 USD more per room than without. My first thougts were to book without breakfast and try to get an upsell for a club room. But the current spread between cheapest category and club is >150 USD (both best flex) and this is not worth to me.
Old Apr 9, 2021, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Did someone know the price for breakfast at arrival? When I book for November a rate incl breakfast then its 19 USD more per room than without. My first thougts were to book without breakfast and try to get an upsell for a club room. But the current spread between cheapest category and club is >150 USD (both best flex) and this is not worth to me.
If that is for 2 people, that seems reasonable.

Most Bali hotels charge 150-200k IDR plus 21% tax/service, per person. $12-16.50 per person net.
denkigroove likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 1:07 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Currently cheapest rate in August ( peak season) is 88 Euro plus 23 Euro for breakfast for two. If you scroll down the rate then there is a book now pay later rate for IGG rewards members of 108 Euro. Seems very reasonable.
the bigger question is when will Bali reopen. My view is not anytime soon
Old Nov 20, 2021, 1:45 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by Mr. LAU
Can anyone tell me if the airport transfer is still included when booking a Club Room / Suite?

What are the evening Club benefits with smaller kids (below 12) as I read that the lounge is restricted for them in the evenings?

Anyone have some opinions about the two Villas - Imperial Villa and Jivana Villa - stay is planned for next summer (beginning of September) for our family of five and the rates are quite nice at around 450$ ++...
no longer included! A massive own goal in my view! I have lengthy stay booked in a suite next year and was surprised to be told this. It was a fantastic welcome and the cost to the hotel must have been negligible! For those who haven’t stayed before it won’t be a big deal, but for regulars another enhanced benefit!
Still, if Bali doesn’t open it won’t make much difference!

Last edited by binman; Nov 21, 2021 at 9:38 am
Old Nov 21, 2021, 2:48 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I mean it won't break ones bank to arrange for own transfer, but yes it just sets the wrong tone right at the start. Especially when you want guests to return and be happy / loyal the first thing they'll experience is cuts from what they were used too (e.g. in Club benefits).
Atacama40 likes this.
Old Apr 1, 2022, 3:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Travelling to Bali?

The site: https://www.welcomebacktobali.com has comprehensive information about travelling to Bali
(although displayed in a slightly confused way

I decided to book airtickets for this sumner and the Singapore Airlines tickets AMS-SIN-DPS in business class (D) were still attractive priced at €1898. We are going to stay at the IC Bali and for this visit chose the classic TWIN room and the Uluwatu suite. I booked the flex rate just in case the flights are delayed/cancelled and we might time out on the PCR-tests. I'll email the hotel to ask if Club(suite) still has the arrival transfer included and will post here the result.
Atacama40 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 1, 2022 at 4:47 am
Old Apr 3, 2022, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
The site: https://www.welcomebacktobali.com has comprehensive information about travelling to Bali
(although displayed in a slightly confused way

I decided to book airtickets for this sumner and the Singapore Airlines tickets AMS-SIN-DPS in business class (D) were still attractive priced at €1898. We are going to stay at the IC Bali and for this visit chose the classic TWIN room and the Uluwatu suite. I booked the flex rate just in case the flights are delayed/cancelled and we might time out on the PCR-tests. I'll email the hotel to ask if Club(suite) still has the arrival transfer included and will post here the result.
Did you grab the last Uluwatu Suite? We plan to be there in 2nd week of Aug and from what I could tell on the suites supply side all that was left were the Duplex (no Club / Club) ones and 1 Uluwatu Suite .

We are booked into a Bukit Suite and hope that there will be little restrictions still in place with regards to testing by then (aside from hygiene rules and such). To be seen. Can always drop me a PM in case our stays actually happen and overlap.

Initially we were booked into the Imperial Villa, but from what we were told the hotel owner had decided to use both villas as residences for a while (not sure for whom) so those were taken out of inventory and we were kicked out. However, we managed to come to an amicable arrangement instead that worked for both parties. Hope we can go.

Last edited by demue; Apr 3, 2022 at 12:46 am
Old Apr 11, 2022, 5:42 am

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
@demue :
We are always up for the Imperial villa when travelling with a group. But i checked many a date and the availability did not compute with our staydates/programme. We tried the Jivana villa before and although very nice, we prefer something with at least a bit more Balinese theme to it. I could otherwise be at the St.Regis for such a "modern" generic style. Thanks for letting us know that both villas are unavailable for a while. It explains the sudden rush and price hike on the remaining suites!

Did i steal the Uluwatu suite from you?
All is fair in the noble game of hitting the refresh button to see availability to book
I will for sure take you up on the offer for a meet up, should our stays overlap, first round of (adult)drinks is on me to soften the blow!
However we might miss each other by several days as we are planning to leave Bali on the 3rd of August.

This will be however our second stay at the IC Bali for this year, we are also visiting the hotel in July to recover from jetlag before travelling to see Java and its historical temple ruins before the crowds return.

Read many interesting things about their archeological, architectual and historical significance of different cultural influences from 600 CE from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candi_of_Indonesia
which warrents in my opinion a visit.

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 11, 2022 at 6:01 am
Old Apr 11, 2022, 6:36 am

Hi @HadesNL, that sounds like a great trip, enjoy. We'll miss each other by a few days. Next time or if we make it to AMS one of these days (IC Amstel ).

We got our suite at IC Bali secured, not to worry, just that I saw availability for suites dwindle a fair bit over the last 1-3 months with the sign of access easing to Indonesia (as makes sense).
Old Apr 14, 2022, 2:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by demue
Hi @HadesNL, that sounds like a great trip, enjoy. We'll miss each other by a few days. Next time or if we make it to AMS one of these days (IC Amstel ).

We got our suite at IC Bali secured, not to worry, just that I saw availability for suites dwindle a fair bit over the last 1-3 months with the sign of access easing to Indonesia (as makes sense).
i hate to intrude in the Intercontinental love-fest I'm having second thoughts about a June stay.

I'll be honest, it's far from my favourite lodging in Bali but the location suits me and the rates on offer were, well, interesting: an irresistible combination! Cost-cutting seemed to be a central motif for the hotel pre-pandemic: I hope they haven't taken cuts further and deeper during the difficult time we've been through: maintenance isn't a frill to be cut or diluted.

I generally take Tripadvisor reviews with a pinch of salt, but the latest ones covering the hotel aren't from single-post critics and have a credible ring, and as such are a tad disturbing:
This hotel is not up to standard. It should not be open in the state it is in
We are currently staying in the hotel, we have two suites. The rooms are in poor, dirty condition. Showers have thick mould on all of the shower tiles. The tapware and mirrors are rusty and falling apart. We had no hot water for the first two nights (they had not turned on the HWS). The aircon does not cool the room, rooms are hot and stuffy despite setting the temp to 18 degrees the aircon never reaches that temp, not sure if undersized units or centrally controlled elsewhere. Mini bars are empty, not even cold water provided and the fridges are hot, they do not work. The repair man told us that its hot because its a fridge, not a freezer!. Rooms are so hot in the night it is impossible to sleep. Service is below average. Cant make phone calls from the room as they have barred them. We tried to order room service at 8pm and they told us it was closed. We managed to order water but it came hot without glasses or ice, we finally managed to get an ice bucket and glasses after an hour. On arrival we were not informed about any facilities we had to figure it out for ourselves. We still dont know if there is a hotel spa or not. Pool is very sad and has no atmosphere. The only part of the hotel that is running smooth and performing as expected is Pier 8 restaurant where breakfast is served, whilst the basic buffet is pretty sad, you can order a la carte which has some decent options."

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...Kuta_Bali.html

Old Apr 14, 2022, 3:31 am

Wink

IAN-UK : Interesting, i didn't know IC Bali has a restaurant called "Pier 8" that serves breakfast.....
- Taman Gita is their main breakfast venue: https://www.bali.intercontinental.com/dining

* Ahum **

Another venue called Pier8 is on the east side (Sanur) of Bali
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...asar_Bali.html

This seems part of the "new" IC Sanur (ex-Fairmont)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...ps/hoteldetail

The always well-informed LoyaltyLobby: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/01/18/...rmer-fairmont/
Who mentioned service standards at the new IC weren't yet remarkable and still lacking

So i think people are getting both the IC's mixed up......

* Ahum **
My opinion: Take those advices with a smile.....

But on a different note:

Remember hotels have been focused on Indonesian domestic tourism for a while now which sets different standards.
(for example
- pork products only available behind the curtain
- no (adult)alcohol in visible sight
- at present due to most Indonesians adhering to Ramadan-fasting affects F&B availibility/schedule/timing)

I expect that the IC Bali wil return back to normal operating luxury western standards by this spring/summer as the island is opening up for international vacationers and will replace domestic tourists.

! Maybe MODS can change the thread title to from IC Bali to IC Bali Jimbaran bay?
( - to avoid confusion with the the new IC Bali Sanur as there are now 2 IC's)
Thank you!

Last edited by HadesNL; Apr 14, 2022 at 8:10 am
Old Apr 14, 2022, 4:38 am

Originally Posted by demue
Hi @HadesNL, that sounds like a great trip, enjoy. We'll miss each other by a few days. Next time or if we make it to AMS one of these days (IC Amstel ). We got our suite at IC Bali secured, not to worry, just that I saw availability for suites dwindle a fair bit over the last 1-3 months with the sign of access easing to Indonesia (as makes sense).
demue : Yes indeed, you can really see the online pricing and availability soaring due to the increased demand by international tourism restarting. Glad you got your suite secured. I will post my findings / observations of my first medio July stay here so everyone can be informed and plan accordingly.

PS: drinks at IC AMS for sure when you are in the neighbourhood!
Old Apr 14, 2022, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by HadesNL
IAN-UK : Interesting, i didn't know IC Bali has a restaurant called "Pier 8" that serves breakfast.....
- Taman Gita is their main breakfast venue: https://www.bali.intercontinental.com/dining

* Ahum **

Another venue called Pier8 is on the east side (Sanur) of Bali
https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restau...asar_Bali.html

This seems part of the "new" IC Sanur (ex-Fairmont)
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...ps/hoteldetail

The always well-informed LoyaltyLobby: https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/01/18/...rmer-fairmont/
Who mentioned service standards at the new IC weren't yet remarkable and still lacking

So i think people are getting both the IC's mixed up......
That's a perfect explanation, good detective work and a relief!!

I was totally unaware of the Sanur reincarnation. Maybe worth exploring - though looks as though the hotel han't quite managed to spruce itself up since leaving Fairmont.
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 7:51 am

IAN-UK : Glad i managed to save your mood for your upcoming holiday
Fully understandable though!

I looked at the new IC Sanur and the layout of the rooms/villas doesn't have much appeal to me but maybe we are going to take a look when we are in the neighbourhood.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.