Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As IAN-UK said, there could definitely be an intermingling of reviews as the Tripadvisor section for IC Sanur likely still pulls up as Fairmont Bali and then people go for the main IC in search results that is Jimbaran and unleash there.

I have also warned folks not to expect much of IC Sanur yet in that thread.

I was suspicious of moldy rooms and such as IC Bali just came out of multi-year renovation with the Club Wing completed last. Now 2 years of lackluster occupancy and not running a/c or not airing the rooms can cause issues even in relatively pristine rooms, but it should not be so bad as described. Also the spa at IC Bali is glaringly obvious, so the review seemed misdirected.

Now one thing is for sure, there will likely be teething issues as they ramp back up for international guests and up to now, according to my sources, they still don't have a new permanent GM or Resort Manager. The Interim GM, IIRC, is Pak Ida Bagus Nyoman Sapta, who actually was / is the Hotel Manager of the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa, a decent place, but not an Inter-Continental and not as big.

The last GM (also Interim) was Terry Karvieris, who ran the IC from start of Covid till sometime in Jul 2021 I think before heading back to Greece to run some Marriott's there. Prior to him Michael Koth and Michael Chertou were GMs plus there were a few Resort Managers (Mr. Brohez and some others). A fair bit of turnover even then, and with no disrespect to the current interim GM, this property needs an internationally experienced, seasoned GM very soon if all the investment into the refurb is to pay off.

I'm hoping that by Aug they have things back up and running smoothly again, so please "whip them into shape" HadesNL .
HadesNL likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 10:53 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by HadesNL
IAN-UK : Glad i managed to save your mood for your upcoming holiday
Fully understandable though!

I looked at the new IC Sanur and the layout of the rooms/villas doesn't have much appeal to me but maybe we are going to take a look when we are in the neighbourhood.
I know this IC Bali thread, so only short OT. In Sanur, there is a new Andaz that had briefly soft opened in 2021, but seems only to be reopening later on in 2022. It is basically brand new. The Hyatt Regency (refurbed totally ~4-5 years ago or so) is our go to place in Sanur (Regency Suite) if we got committments in the area (as traffic can be a pain in Bali). The Regency Club did not match up to IC Bali pre-Covid Club, but otherwise it is a decent property though more solid 4* and not 5* in my book. Andaz and HR are next to each other btw. YMMV.
​​​​​​
jongesander likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2022, 11:17 am

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb., Marriott Gold, FB Plat, BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by demue
As IAN-UK said, there could definitely be an intermingling of reviews as the Tripadvisor section for IC Sanur likely still pulls up as Fairmont Bali and then people go for the main IC in search results that is Jimbaran and unleash there.

I have also warned folks not to expect much of IC Sanur yet in that thread.

I was suspicious of moldy rooms and such as IC Bali just came out of multi-year renovation with the Club Wing completed last. Now 2 years of lackluster occupancy and not running a/c or not airing the rooms can cause issues even in relatively pristine rooms, but it should not be so bad as described. Also the spa at IC Bali is glaringly obvious, so the review seemed misdirected.

Now one thing is for sure, there will likely be teething issues as they ramp back up for international guests and up to now, according to my sources, they still don't have a new permanent GM or Resort Manager. The Interim GM, IIRC, is Pak Ida Bagus Nyoman Sapta, who actually was / is the Hotel Manager of the Holiday Inn Resort Bali Benoa, a decent place, but not an Inter-Continental and not as big.

The last GM (also Interim) was Terry Karvieris, who ran the IC from start of Covid till sometime in Jul 2021 I think before heading back to Greece to run some Marriott's there. Prior to him Michael Koth and Michael Chertou were GMs plus there were a few Resort Managers (Mr. Brohez and some others). A fair bit of turnover even then, and with no disrespect to the current interim GM, this property needs an internationally experienced, seasoned GM very soon if all the investment into the refurb is to pay off.

I'm hoping that by Aug they have things back up and running smoothly again, so please "whip them into shape" HadesNL .
Can copy this. Back in december 2021 we had a three night stay at the IC Bali (Jimbaran). When we first came in, the room did smell a bit. But after a while everything was fine and the room was cleaned well.

Even with Christmas the occupancy rate was fairly low, whilst other hotels where packed with domestic tourists.

Our stay was still perfectly fine for us, but you could see they differ from some brand standards (like no Agraria toiletries but some other stuff). Also some staff members were not trained very well, but I can not blame the hotel after such a terrible time without international guests.

Staying again in June for a couple of nights in a Club Duplex.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 12:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
I am in the IC in Sanur right now. It’s ‘fine’ if you can get it <100 USD. Owner is not really investing in the property and basically Bali is in a very soft opening altogether. It’s not IC standards and won’t be anytime soon.
355F1 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:09 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by jongesander
Can copy this. Back in december 2021 we had a three night stay at the IC Bali (Jimbaran).

Staying again in June for a couple of nights in a Club Duplex.
Also booked a stay in a Club Duplex for September as a Diamond AMB. Let us know how it goes and if they upgrade you.

used to stay here a few time a year before CoVid and haven’t been since 11/2019.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:11 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by henkybaby
I am in the IC in Sanur right now. It’s ‘fine’ if you can get it <100 USD. Owner is not really investing in the property and basically Bali is in a very soft opening altogether. It’s not IC standards and won’t be anytime soon.

Booked a one-night stay here for august. (I normally stay at the airport HIX upon arrival and catch the fast boat to Lembongan the next day).

Used a chase free night cert.
Old May 18, 2022, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Also booked a stay in a Club Duplex for September as a Diamond AMB. Let us know how it goes and if they upgrade you.

used to stay here a few time a year before CoVid and haven’t been since 11/2019.
I don't count on an upgrade, as the categories above the Club Duplex are excluded for guaranteed ambassador upgrades. The hotel already let me know that they will enforce this rules and will give 10/K points or $ 50,00 F&B credit as stated in the T&C. For me, that's fine as I quite like the Club Duplex room.
355F1 likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:49 am

Do you prefer the 10k points or 50$? Why not book a Club room (now one of the Premier ones IIRC) and get upgrade to the exact same Club Duplex?

Or is the 50$ difference more? On a one nighter that may work out, but on multiple nights I doubt it. To my recollection, the 10k / 50$ is once per stay and not per night.
Old May 18, 2022, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
Booked a one-night stay here for august. (I normally stay at the airport HIX upon arrival and catch the fast boat to Lembongan the next day).

Used a chase free night cert.
The IC Sanur has its own thread. We really should start to use it as else feedback may get mixed up and both properties are a fair bit different.
Old May 18, 2022, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by demue
Do you prefer the 10k points or 50$? Why not book a Club room (now one of the Premier ones IIRC) and get upgrade to the exact same Club Duplex?

Or is the 50$ difference more? On a one nighter that may work out, but on multiple nights I doubt it. To my recollection, the 10k / 50$ is once per stay and not per night.
To be honest, I booked the room a long time ago when rates were still low and was not aware of the hotel policy regarding this upgrade (on my previous stays I indeed booed the "regular" Club Room and received an upgrade to the Club Duplex). Rates are now much higher and switching do not makes sense.

And ofcourse, there is still a small chance the hotel will upgrade us (based on availability) but I don't count on it.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Had a peek at the app for August because people here mentioned the price increase:
- the imperial villa is now €3250 (prepandemic $1500++)
- singaraja vs club $275 vs $475 ++
You can see that they want their renovation investment back!
Old May 18, 2022, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL
Had a peek at the app for August because people here mentioned the price increase:
- the imperial villa is now €3250 (prepandemic $1500++)
- singaraja vs club $275 vs $475 ++
You can see that they want their renovation investment back!
Out of curiosity I searched back an old confirmation email for a stay in November 2019. That time I booked a Club Room (entry level) for $ 445,00. Based on your pricing research the hotel is back at pré covid level (wich is not too bad, as I see a lot of properties in Europe with prices much higher then pré pandemic).
Old May 18, 2022, 2:05 pm

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
And good news courtesy of Loyaltylobby:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2022/05/17/...ing-travelers/

no more pre-departure pcr-test needed from 18 May!

Expect a major price hike soon, so be quick and book and try lock in lower rates!
Old May 18, 2022, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by jongesander
To be honest, I booked the room a long time ago when rates were still low and was not aware of the hotel policy regarding this upgrade (on my previous stays I indeed booed the "regular" Club Room and received an upgrade to the Club Duplex). Rates are now much higher and switching do not makes sense.

And ofcourse, there is still a small chance the hotel will upgrade us (based on availability) but I don't count on it.
Fair enough, agree it doesn't make sense to rebook when you reserved at lower rates. Just see what happens. Fingers crossed.

This whole discussion reminds me to try and ask for the 10k points or 50$ credit in August as we won't get an upgrade on our booked Bukit Suite (I think). We had originally booked the Imperial Villa and then were told it will be taken out of inventory for renovations or so just to see it back for the same time period now at 2.8k USD++ a night. Hmm, wonderous .

Am a tad ticked off by this though I think it is not the resort teams doing, but rather the fickle owners of the property changing plans around. We still have a good rate for the suite, but this has a flavor of dishonesty that irks me somewhat. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; May 20, 2022 at 11:22 pm
Old May 30, 2022, 2:29 am

The chain of upgrade for AMB is now maxed out at the duplex:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...tes-exclusions

demue shame that the dance around the Imperial Villa is one of the latest quirks that IC Bali owners have devised to, turning to the sordid topic of making coin is understandable after the pandemic but honoring bookings/rates for regular guests to keep goodwill should be held on their long term focus.
355F1 likes this.

Last edited by HadesNL; May 30, 2022 at 2:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.