Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Mhm, many questions. I'll just give a brief view on some.

The volcano is far enough away to not impact the resort unless it is massive eruption and the wind is bad.

The food at IC Bali is decent though it depends on what you like to eat. For Indonesian food, being very used to and familiar with it, I can only saying for us it is "okay", but again tastes differ so YMMV. Definitely a lot of good food in Bali, a lot of which outside of hotels.

The resort and the grounds are very nice at IC Bali. These days on the same land area developers would build at least two resorts. Renovation , by 2019, should have progressed well, though the Club wing is planned to be renovated from late Oct 2018 onwards and I wouldn't count on it being all done by then.

IC SIN Robertson Quay I would skip unless you like small rooms for an IC and an area that is not that well connected (for Singapore standards). I would stay at the IC SIN at Bugis where rooms have been renovated too.

Flying to Bali from SIN (one-way?) in Biz certainly far out KLM has very competitive fares. If paying cash I'd go for that. If part of mileage redemption SQ is obviously good, but cash prices are high. Garuda is in between the two and actually, in my book, very good. I have no gripes flying GA at all and domestically in Indonesia GA would be my absolute top choice.

The IC in Bandung is a huge disappointment and Bandung turns into a jam packed hell over the weekend when Jakarta people flood the town and traffic grinds to a halt. Great food, nice mountains, but ...

The old IC in Jakarta is gone (rebranded now) and the new one will be in a very different area that due to traffic mau not be great for touristy stuff.

Can't comment on Phuo Quoc other than that pics look decent enough. Vietnam Airlines would also be my choice if I was to go.

Last edited by demue; Apr 11, 2018 at 9:20 am
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by demue
Mhm, many questions. I'll just give a brief view on some.

The volcano is far enough away to not impact the resort unless it is massive eruption and the wind is bad.

The food at IC Bali is decent though it depends on what you like to eat. For Indonesian food, being very used to and familiar with it, I can only saying for us it is "okay", but again tastes differ so YMMV. Definitely a lot of good food in Bali, a lot of which outside of hotels.

The resort and the grounds are very nice at IC Bali. These days on the same land area developers would build at least two resorts. Renovation , by 2019, should have progressed well, though the Club wing is planned to be renovated from late Oct 2018 onwards and I wouldn't count on it being all done by then.

IC SIN Robertson Quay I would skip unless you like small rooms for an IC and an area that is not that well connected (for Singapore standards). I would stay at the IC SIN at Bugis where rooms have been renovated too.

Flying to Bali from SIN (one-way?) in Biz certainly far out KLM has very competitive fares. If paying cash I'd go for that. If part of mileage redemption SQ is obviously good, but cash prices are high. Garuda is in between the two and actually, in my book, very good. I have no gripes flying GA at all and domestically in Indonesia GA would be my absolute top choice.

The IC in Bandung is a huge disappointment and Bandung turns into a jam packed hell over the weekend when Jakarta people flood the town and traffic grinds to a halt. Great food, nice mountains, but ...

The old IC in Jakarta is gone (rebranded now) and the new one will be in a very different area that due to traffic mau not be great for touristy stuff.

Can't comment on Phuo Quoc other than that pics look decent enough. Vietnam Airlines would also be my choice if I was to go.
Super stuff thanks Demue, is first class data, pretty much everything I hoped and wanted to hear. Perfect.

To be honest I was just curious about the new Singapore IC and yes we been treated hugely well at what we might call the old IC over time so that's very good to understand. it's that fine line between being institutionalised and trying the new .... common sense tells you one thing but curiosity the other.

Yes the KLM price looked spot on, less than half the Singapore rate currently. Also good to know that Gaurda is an option not to be discounted. That said having done weekly hops with KLM the last couple of decades I may still with the devil I know.....deja-vu ....bit like hotels in SIN. Mind 100% agree on Vietnam Airlines .... hugely impressed by them recent trips, business cabin service and food is excellent and refreshed planes are very good.

The grounds at IC Bali remind me very loosely of Royal Mirage in Dubai (very loosely) .... low rise, lots of manicured gardens and beach front....a nice format.

Can I ask what aspect of Bandung you find a disappointment? Yes understand what you mean about locations of the ex and imminent new IC's. I'm actually less worried than most about hotel location traditionally so long as taxi's are cheap and the place is excellent but curious to understand why Bandung misses target.

Is a brilliant assessment Demue, Appreciate you taking the time.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 8:04 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Bit OT. Also check the IC Bandung FT Thread.

The IC Bandung shouldn't be an IC in my book. It is fairly new, but finishes are poor (basically shoddy construction and interior works. Food is barely okay, breakfast can be a zoo on weekends (many Indonesian families who occupy one room with 4-8 people, I kid you not, we counted) and service is extremely spotty to say it nicely. The location is a bit remote, but I wasn't even looking at that part as the major jams are in downtown Bandung. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Apr 11, 2018 at 8:13 pm
Old Apr 12, 2018, 3:14 am

Originally Posted by demue
Bit OT. Also check the IC Bandung FT Thread.

The IC Bandung shouldn't be an IC in my book. It is fairly new, but finishes are poor (basically shoddy construction and interior works. Food is barely okay, breakfast can be a zoo on weekends (many Indonesian families who occupy one room with 4-8 people, I kid you not, we counted) and service is extremely spotty to say it nicely. The location is a bit remote, but I wasn't even looking at that part as the major jams are in downtown Bandung. YMMV.
Ok that definitely has an impact on decisions to be made.....thanks for detailing that, I'm getting a very clear picture.

I think I'll watch the progress on the new IC as an alternative. Again appreciate your time and information Demue....super stuff
Old Apr 12, 2018, 8:17 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
We will be back at the IC Bali next month if anyone needs any updates or pics of anything.
Atacama40 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
We will be back at the IC Bali next month if anyone needs any updates or pics of anything.
Hi 355F1, how was your stay? Just in the process of negotiating 10 days here and interested get your latest impression of all things IC Bali? They seem very responsive in communications but just get the measure of things in general. Thanks
Old May 21, 2018, 11:59 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Atacama40
Hi 355F1, how was your stay? Just in the process of negotiating 10 days here and interested get your latest impression of all things IC Bali? They seem very responsive in communications but just get the measure of things in general. Thanks

haha....haven’t gone yet!

we will be there next week!
Old May 22, 2018, 4:38 am

haha....haven’t gone yet!

we will be there next week!
I envy you sir .... swap you a week at Dusseldof? No I thought not :-) enjoy
Old May 22, 2018, 9:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Atacama40
I envy you sir .... swap you a week at Dusseldof? No I thought not :-) enjoy
hah!

we were just in Cozumel two weeks ago at the IC on vacation too!

i try to take one vacation per month.

we will be in Bali for two weeks!!

we have been to Bali twice already in the last year and a half. I’ve written quite a few reports and posts within this thread.
Old May 22, 2018, 9:43 am

hah!

we have been to Bali twice already in the last year and a half. I’ve written quite a few reports and posts within this thread.
OK rub it why don't you? .... you clearly a man in control of life instead of the other way round. I doth my cap to you sir! :-) .... so it's a no to Dusseldorf? I got a 3 level upgrade...free mini bar, letter from the GM ...no takers ....meh ok .... :-)
Old May 22, 2018, 9:53 am

hah!

Joking aside, I guess the fact are a regular there is a review in itself. Have a great trip.
Old May 28, 2018, 3:54 am

Programs: Spire Ambassador IHG, Gold Starwood, Gold Emirates, Gold Etihad
Just noticed that they took away a club benefit.

Kids Club is no longer listed. Its only complimentary for guests staying in Duplex Suites.

We are staying on points and were thinking to upgrade to Club because of the benefits ...but all I see is free breakfast and a few drinks for sunset. Not worth the $150 they will try to charge me when we get there.
Old May 29, 2018, 1:29 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by royalwifey111
Just noticed that they took away a club benefit.

Kids Club is no longer listed. Its only complimentary for guests staying in Duplex Suites.

We are staying on points and were thinking to upgrade to Club because of the benefits ...but all I see is free breakfast and a few drinks for sunset. Not worth the $150 they will try to charge me when we get there.
The best thing to do here, like I’ve said multiple times, is to book the Stay Longer & Save rate. It includes breakfast and 20% off all food. It usually costs less than $20/night more.

We do not drink alcohol so the club rates are never worth it for us at this hotel and the food offered in the club isn’t exciting. The Sinjara rooms have their own little lounge.

We just checked in for one week if anyone needs anything looked at, etc!

We booked a Resort Classic for $158/night (+ about 20% for taxes) that includes breakfast (the breakfast at this IC is phenomenal and a must!) with the Stay Longer rate and we’re upgraded to a Renovated Sinjara room as part of my AMB status.

Last edited by 355F1; May 29, 2018 at 1:35 am
Old May 29, 2018, 4:59 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Latest Chase free night upgrade offer. No thanks.

" We are very pleased to offer a preferential upgrade rate of US$ 190 ++ (21% service charges and tax applies) per night for two adults from Resort Classic to our Club Intercontinental Room and free upgrade to our Club Duplex Suite as part of your Ambassador benefit."
Old May 29, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: Spire Ambassador IHG, Gold Starwood, Gold Emirates, Gold Etihad

The best thing to do here, like I’ve said multiple times, is to book the Stay Longer & Save rate. It includes breakfast and 20% off all food. It usually costs less than $20/night more.

We do not drink alcohol so the club rates are never worth it for us at this hotel and the food offered in the club isn’t exciting. The Sinjara rooms have their own little lounge.

We just checked in for one week if anyone needs anything looked at, etc!

We booked a Resort Classic for $158/night (+ about 20% for taxes) that includes breakfast (the breakfast at this IC is phenomenal and a must!) with the Stay Longer rate and we’re upgraded to a Renovated Sinjara room as part of my AMB status.
I get it... but for us this doesn't make sense. We have the points and we want to use them. But from what you are saying we aren't missing much. Will definitely check out the Breakfast you highly recommend.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.