Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
That's about as good as it gets. Currently is low season (and can rain a bit more now) so this is a decent offer in my book. YMMV. Enjoy
denkigroove likes this.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by denkigroove
I have a four night stay next week with two rooms as PlatAmb. A booked and already upgraded King Club Duplex Suite and a Resort Classic on points. They offer me proactively for upgrade to the same category for USD 210++ per day. In my view is this more than the price difference on a paid stay between the room category.
Is this negoatible? And when I try to upsell for a King Club - is this in the same wing?

I ask for your experience before I answer this offer.

The August 17 rate was $140++ and was the same as Aug 2015. At $210 it begins to become more marginal and so perhaps the more kick back they get on this the the better as it may make them rethink. Remember its 21% more than then $210 figure so quite a chunk of cash per day and no points. You really would need to drink a lot to get the value

Remember they are also just getting over a rather significant drop in business due to the volcano uncertainty which impacted the whole island.

Next August rates are $266 for standard room and $433 for a king duplex so the $140++ supplement would still be in line with rates.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 9:07 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Did you overlook the last 3-3 posts? The OP reverted and settled on 80$++ for King Club, Room (not Duplex) which is a fair amount on my book.
Old Nov 10, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Btw as I’ve checked the price difference the last days there were no rooms available at my booking date. Low season means still very good booked.
Old Nov 12, 2017, 3:18 am

Originally Posted by denkigroove
Btw as I’ve checked the price difference the last days there were no rooms available at my booking date. Low season means still very good booked.
Well, an entire wing is closed for renovation IIRC so room inventory is automatically reduced. Also several room categories have been taken out of inventory to manage guest bookings & room allocations.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 12:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Is this one of the ICs that play it by the book and offer nothing to RAs on reward stays?
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Is this one of the ICs that play it by the book and offer nothing to RAs on reward stays?
By the book unless you get very, very lucky. No Club access FOC on reward nights, pay supplement possible of course, but price subject to negotiation.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 5:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
By the book unless you get very, very lucky. No Club access FOC on reward nights, pay supplement possible of course, but price subject to negotiation.
Thanks - that's one of the many reasons I love IHG so much
Old Nov 15, 2017, 6:27 am

Thanks - that's one of the many reasons I love IHG so much
I hear you, the most ridiculous rule out there is the cutting of all significant RA / AMB benefits on IC reward stays aside from the late checkout.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear you, the most ridiculous rule out there is the cutting of all significant RA / AMB benefits on IC reward stays aside from the late checkout.
... and I think we still get the free newspaper thing.

The truth is a standard IC room without the frills is not generally an attractive value proposition.

However, with a reward night tagged on to a paid stay I've only had benefits ripped from me for that final night at one hotel. I have the feeling Bali could be the second
Old Nov 15, 2017, 8:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
... and I think we still get the free newspaper thing.

The truth is a standard IC room without the frills is not generally an attractive value proposition.

However, with a reward night tagged on to a paid stay I've only had benefits ripped from me for that final night at one hotel. I have the feeling Bali could be the second

Which hotel did that to you? I've stacked stays together at quite a few IC's including the Le Grand 3 times, and have never had a hotel make me move rooms, etc. during my stay!

the customer service at the Bali IC is top-notch, IMO. I have been there twice in the last year an they have above and beyond on many parts of my stays.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Which hotel did that to you? I've stacked stays together at quite a few IC's including the Le Grand 3 times, and have never had a hotel make me move rooms, etc. during my stay!

the customer service at the Bali IC is top-notch, IMO. I have been there twice in the last year an they have above and beyond on many parts of my stays.
Ohh there is a good chance they will go by the book and not give out free Club or similar. I have stayed there probably 30+ times and they do follow rules to the dot these days.

Now having said that, if you are RA or a frequent guest and raise it up to the managers some leeway can be extended. E.g. to stay in upgraded room, maybe even get Club benefits on reward night if connected to a paid stay. It depends and to be fair too many folks have abused this in the past booking one paid night in a Club suite or so and then expecting 5-6 follow on nights booked as reward into Classic room to be upgraded to same suite ans Club access.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
They relented after a short discussion, said I could keep the room but wouldn't be able to use the lounge. I'm a pretty regular guest at the hotel: the argument needed to avoid a room change got me so pissed off I cancelled the reward night and shifted it to the other IC in town, where I was assured of full treatment on a points night.

I'm sure my action bothered them not one jot, but it gave me a degree of satisfaction!

City with two ICs. That narrows it down just a bit...
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:40 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Ohh there is a good chance they will go by the book and not give out free Club or similar. I have stayed there probably 30+ times and they do follow rules to the dot these days.

Now having said that, if you are RA or a frequent guest and raise it up to the managers some leeway can be extended. E.g. to stay in upgraded room, maybe even get Club benefits on reward night if connected to a paid stay. It depends and to be fair too many folks have abused this in the past booking one paid night in a Club suite or so and then expecting 5-6 follow on nights booked as reward into Classic room to be upgraded to same suite ans Club access.

I usually do a majority of the stay as Paid nights, not 1 night paid and 5 rewards nights, etc.

Maybe that's why I've been so lucky?
Old Nov 16, 2017, 1:46 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador
Pecatu Suite??

I just learned my next reservation has been upgraded to 1 King Pacatu Suite 152 sqm. But I couldn't find a such name of room and its spec on web. Does someone experienced this room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.