Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2016, 3:59 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I know its a long way off, I'm just so super excited about it I want to plan everything now, lol
hah! Me toO!!!!!!!
Old Aug 3, 2016, 11:25 pm

Review

Just consumed a stay at the Intercontinental Bali Resort which was really amazing. Check out my review here: http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointhig...al-Bali-Resort

Last edited by Jerrremy; Aug 8, 2016 at 11:24 pm
Old Aug 4, 2016, 11:20 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
Just consumed a stay at the Intercontinental Bali Resort which was really amazing. Check out my review here: http://jerrremy.wixsite.com/pointshi...al-Bali-Resort
With some highly rated hotels being less than $60/night I am having a difficult time justifying 30k points/night @ the new hotel indigo for my upcoming trip.

So, what I think I'm going to do is stay @ this IC for $137/night for the Tue/Wed of my arrival. I don't know if I need the Club--I don't drink alcohol. And my ambassador status should get me a nicer room.

I want to be up by the clubs on Thu-Sat nights.

But I think I will be happy with eating dinner at the fresh seafood joints next to the IC.

What did dinner cost you?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
With some highly rated hotels being less than $60/night I am having a difficult time justifying 30k points/night @ the new hotel indigo for my upcoming trip.

So, what I think I'm going to do is stay @ this IC for $137/night for the Tue/Wed of my arrival. I don't know if I need the Club--I don't drink alcohol. And my ambassador status should get me a nicer room.

I want to be up by the clubs on Thu-Sat nights.

But I think I will be happy with eating dinner at the fresh seafood joints next to the IC.

What did dinner cost you?
It was really cheap. Like IDR140000 ~ 11USD?
Old Aug 4, 2016, 2:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Jerrremy
It was really cheap. Like IDR140000 ~ 11USD?

AWESOME!

So, I just booked my hotels.

Tue/Wed nights: IC Bali $137/night (not going to get Club Access but may pay for Breakfast if offered at check-in)

Thu/Fri/ nights: Ibis Styles Petiteenget (brand new hotel--opened in June, in Seminyak for $35/night)

Sat/Sun nights: HIX Kuta $33/night

I have never changed hotels in a city so this will be interesting and give me a taste of different neighborhoods!
Old Aug 5, 2016, 2:01 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
AWESOME!

So, I just booked my hotels.

Tue/Wed nights: IC Bali $137/night (not going to get Club Access but may pay for Breakfast if offered at check-in)

Thu/Fri/ nights: Ibis Styles Petiteenget (brand new hotel--opened in June, in Seminyak for $35/night)

Sat/Sun nights: HIX Kuta $33/night

I have never changed hotels in a city so this will be interesting and give me a taste of different neighborhoods!
Wow, $137 at the IC seems like a really good rate! Enjoy your trip! For those rates, definitely looks like a good idea to save you're points and pay instead.
Old Aug 6, 2016, 5:10 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
355F1 has come around. At 137$ the IC is a very good deal. You'll get upgraded to a Singaraja room. It's quite nice and rooms are spacious. Enjoy
Old Aug 26, 2016, 12:44 pm

Does anyone have an email address I can use for requesting club upgrade offers and breakfast offers?

I've been trying the icbali.reservation@ and their English is not too good and they refuse to offer any breakfast or upgrade offers for AMB/Plat. Not sure if they understand me or if they don't have the authority to give offers.
Old Aug 27, 2016, 12:16 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Does anyone have an email address I can use for requesting club upgrade offers and breakfast offers?

I've been trying the icbali.reservation@ and their English is not too good and they refuse to offer any breakfast or upgrade offers for AMB/Plat. Not sure if they understand me or if they don't have the authority to give offers.
I'm having similar troubles at the moment. They are polite enough but seem to just pick and choose the parts of my emails they feel like responding too. If anyone has a contact there they'd be willing to share (privately, of course) it would be very much appreciated.
Old Aug 29, 2016, 8:40 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For all the folks who are regulars at the IC Bali Club, the (very good) Club Manager that was there for years has left and a new Club Manager from outside (a different property) has come in to replace her. All the Assistant Club Managers are still there though and handle day to day operations.

I was there for a week recently and all was pleasant and we'll executed as usual.

Even saw the GM twice passing through the lounge together with the Resort Manager, but they largely ignored regular Club guests and were busy attending to some Mainland Chinese Lady with her two daughters who was busy projecting an "aura of utter importance". Not sure they realized how condescending the lady talked about them in Mandarin after they left, but hey their relationship management isn't my business .
Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:20 am

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by demue
For all the folks who are regulars at the IC Bali Club, the (very good) Club Manager that was there for years has left and a new Club Manager from outside (a different property) has come in to replace her. All the Assistant Club Managers are still there though and handle day to day operations.

I was there for a week recently and all was pleasant and we'll executed as usual.
Yeah, I found out she left when I emailed her last month. I'm here for the long weekend and nothing else has changed though. Some of the other regular faces are still around ^
Old Sep 11, 2016, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by Savage25
Yeah, I found out she left when I emailed her last month. I'm here for the long weekend and nothing else has changed though. Some of the other regular faces are still around ^
Did you get offered a paid club upgrade and discounted breakfast for your stay? Did you get offered this before your arrival or at checkin?

I emailed to ask about these both for an upcoming stay, but was told not offered or my question ignored in the responses! So would be interested to hear if these are still offered by IC Bali or if there's been a change in policy.
Old Sep 17, 2016, 9:50 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by boonkoh
Did you get offered a paid club upgrade and discounted breakfast for your stay? Did you get offered this before your arrival or at checkin?

I emailed to ask about these both for an upcoming stay, but was told not offered or my question ignored in the responses! So would be interested to hear if these are still offered by IC Bali or if there's been a change in policy.
I was already on a Club booking on a WNC this time.

But yes, I did inquire for another points booking and they offered me $100 per day for a club upgrade (claiming a Ambassador discount from the regular updgrade price of $150 per day). Clearly still very variable.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
I would be grateful if anyone could send me via PM a club email address for this property. I have been 3 times now and it seems my email for the club duty manger no longer works.
Beautiful property and my last visit in 2015 was sublime.
Old Nov 16, 2016, 11:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Sent the IC Bali an email to [email protected] asking about a Club Upgrade for my stay next week.

I paid $138/night for a classic room for the first two nights and used my Chase Free Night (literally expiring the following day!) for the third night.

Here is their reply:

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort.

Thank you for your email.

We are pleased to reconfirm your reservation with details as following :

on November 22-24, 2016 at 1x Resort Classic Room upgraded to Singaraja Room as your ambassador benefit which you have book under IHG Rc Advance Rate. Pleased to informed if you would like to have room upgrade to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 90 +21%VAT/room/night. This rate already inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons, club benefit and complimentary airport transportation arrangement.

on November 24-25, 2016 at 1x Resort Classic Room which you have book under IHG Rewards Night Point. Being an Ambassador member, you are entitle to get an upgrade room However room upgrade is not available for booking using points, or the room upgrade is valid only using qualifying rate such as advance purchase, Get together, Best Flexible rate, and soon.
Pleased to informed if you would like to have room upgrade to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 150 +21%VAT/room/night. This rate already inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons, club benefit and complimentary airport transportation arrangement.

We do hope above offer would be match with your expectation and we are looking forward to hearing your acceptance within 24 hours otherwise the availability room and its rate is subject to change without prior notice.

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Are they seriously going to effing make me change rooms for the third night???? I have NEVER had any IC make me do that on a multiple booking.

Dummy booking is showing plenty of upgrade rooms available.
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.