Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2016, 9:46 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Normally breakfast costs around 225,000+: IDR so call it maybe 20US$ roughly per person. It is very extensive and probably worth it unless you eat very little. In the past for AMB or RA or even IHG Rewards members they had offers to purchase breakfast for 30-50% off regular rates upon check in. Ask them though offers may vary by season. Reservations staff can be quite a pain to deal with often not comprehending queries or plain not being able to respond accurately.
Old Jul 2, 2016, 2:41 am

Originally Posted by demue
Normally breakfast costs around 225,000+: IDR so call it maybe 20US$ roughly per person. It is very extensive and probably worth it unless you eat very little. In the past for AMB or RA or even IHG Rewards members they had offers to purchase breakfast for 30-50% off regular rates upon check in. Ask them though offers may vary by season. Reservations staff can be quite a pain to deal with often not comprehending queries or plain not being able to respond accurately.
The breakfast discount for AMBs has piqued my interest!

I am thinking of booking a stay at IC Bali with some reward points.

Does anyone know if this is still the case at the moment? Cheaper breakfast discounts for AMBs?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boonkoh
The breakfast discount for AMBs has piqued my interest!

I am thinking of booking a stay at IC Bali with some reward points.

Does anyone know if this is still the case at the moment? Cheaper breakfast discounts for AMBs?
They did offer breakfast for 50% off to us this week after i asked. It was not a default amb benefit (20% off spa is i believe)
Old Jul 7, 2016, 10:47 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Right now, when you book on IHG.com for some rates it offers the add-on option of breakfast for up to 2 adults. It is priced as 30 USD for normal folks and 25.80 USD IIRC for IHG members. That is a pretty good deal and normally I have been able to add that at the discounted price when staying on reward nights (and when we did not pay to upgrade to Club).
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:26 pm

Hmm, I was just checking reward nights availability for early October 2016 - and saw that it now requires 40,000 points per night, compared to 35,000 when I checked a week ago!

Is this a sneaky increase in the reward points required? Or a mistake?
Old Jul 28, 2016, 9:21 am
Formerly known as hcampana

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Hmm, I was just checking reward nights availability for early October 2016 - and saw that it now requires 40,000 points per night, compared to 35,000 when I checked a week ago!

Is this a sneaky increase in the reward points required? Or a mistake?
I checked in April 2017 and it is 40k as well. Was it really 35k before? I can't remember what it was last time I checked but I remember thinking it was kinda steep.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:07 am

Actually, I was wondering about the 40k level too which I just noticed. I do recall seeing 35k points per night still a few weeks ago. I have a booking made there 3 or so months ago and it is at the 35K level (paying for Club upgrade) so the increase to 40K is definitely something quite recent and absolutely sneakily done by IHG Rewards.

Well transparency has never been their strong suit

Last edited by demue; Aug 2, 2016 at 12:54 am
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:14 am

Actually, I was wondering about the 40k level too which I just noticed. I do recall seeing 35k points per night still a few weeks ago. I have a booking made there 3 or so months ago and it is at the 35K level (paying for Club upgrade) so the increase to 40K is definitely something quite recent and absolutely sneakily done by IHG Rewards.

Well transparency has never been their strong suit
Do you think it is worth raising up for the hotel or central reservation? I had always thought that points required was something that was modified only at specific times and announced in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:34 am

Do you think it is worth raising up for the hotel or central reservation? I had always thought that points required was something that was modified only at specific times and announced in advance.
I think it's worthwhile to ask about it :-)

I'm probably going to use my points at the new Indigo in Seminyak instead. It's 30k points for a 300/night hotel vs. 40k points for a 200/night hotel. The IC is probably much more luxurious, but I've never stayed in Seminyak, so it's a good excuse.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 10:50 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by myeurocrush
I think it's worthwhile to ask about it :-)

I'm probably going to use my points at the new Indigo in Seminyak instead. It's 30k points for a 300/night hotel vs. 40k points for a 200/night hotel. The IC is probably much more luxurious, but I've never stayed in Seminyak, so it's a good excuse.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing.

Are you headed there in November, also?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 8:18 pm

The value you get for your points certainly depends on stay period and cost of the property at those dates. November is low, low season and rates across Bali properties should be very attractive. At least that goes for the IC within the group of IHG properties for your time period. Sure, 40k points for 200$ all in isn't that great though not horrible either.

The Indigo, being brand new seems to try out dream pricing post opening which in that period I find unjustified. You can stay at the W and save some money in Nov vs. what Indigo wants. Of course, if you want to stay there and use points then the value is better if you accept the rate as justified. YMMV.

The IC is a great property, not busy in Nov and the grounds and beach are close to unmatched in Bali. Also, this is Indonesia and while they may aim for Nov opening it could still shift, be it that things are not fully ready or permits pending or ??? Even the IC Barclay in NYC moved opening twice by over 2 months.

So as mentioned in the Indigo thread, think about the type of stay, property, area and activities you want and take it from there. Plus consider to have a backup in place just in case. Enjoy.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 12:32 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
The Indigo, being brand new seems to try out dream pricing post opening which in that period I find unjustified. You can stay at the W and save some money in Nov vs. what Indigo wants.
Actually the W prices out at $335/night for my trip in Nov.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 5:47 am

Just got this reply from IHG customer services. Didn't realise that points requirement was dynamic according to date and cash rate?

"We would like to inform you that points requirement may vary depending on the hotel's nightly rate and discretion."
Old Aug 3, 2016, 6:26 am

Just got this reply from IHG customer services. Didn't realise that points requirement was dynamic according to date and cash rate?

"We would like to inform you that points requirement may vary depending on the hotel's nightly rate and discretion."

Are you headed there in November, also? ."
No late March. I know its a long way off, I'm just so super excited about it I want to plan everything now, lol

Originally Posted by 355F1
Right now, when you book on IHG.com for some rates it offers the add-on option of breakfast for up to 2 adults. It is priced as 30 USD for normal folks and 25.80 USD IIRC for IHG members."
When I pull up my dates in March it is 20 USD per night add on. 19 for members. Odd, no?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 10:52 am
IHG 5+ Badge

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold
I booked 3 nights with points at 30,000/night at Indigo Seminyak on eve and through new years day, rooms go for around 395usd (after taxes) on those nights, so pretty nice value.

Though, I am unsure on Spire benefits policy for Indigo, yet alone a points stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.