Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2017, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by User Name
Who is that and what's your preferred method of contacting them?
Call the hotel, get the name of the GM and his/her email
Old Mar 11, 2017, 9:54 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
While you can email the GM (who is also in charge of all IHG properties in Bali as Area Mgr), the day to day running of the hotel lies with the Resort Manager. Ask for a competent contact in reservations to look into your queries.

Balinese Suites (there are only 2 AFAIK) are not excluded on AMB web site as OP stated correctly. Maybe an oversight, but it would make the whole thing less attractive and in my book hurt their revenue. Not a lot of AMB or RA will book into speciality suites and be happy to receive zero upgrades. So we all book lower category rooms and they will sit on unsold suites. Sure, during peak season not an issue as they sell out, but approx. 2/3 of the year they don't sell out.

On the membership, I would get AMB early on, pay 200$, book Club room and use the free weekend night cert at IC Bali for same Club room (basically 2 reservations), get upgrade to Club Duplex and still have 5K IHG points. Definitely total value in the 400-500$ range with free night and Duplex price differential due to upgrade.

Last edited by demue; Mar 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Originally Posted by tylerc
Visited the resort a few weeks ago, and it's really quite nice! A bit dated and worn in areas, but it looks like they're renovating so it's only a matter of time before it's looking new and fresh. Great staff, and very well manicured grounds. I did prefer the Sanur area to Jimbaran though.

Believe me its better than the Conrad.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
Believe me its better than the Conrad.
+1. Way better than Conrad. I'm Hilton Diamond and IHG Spire AMB (not RA) and I still stay at IC every time for the last 10+ years. No one will build a resort in Bali these days with such great, expansive grounds. It would cost a fortune. Room renovations are under way (Singaraja) and needed to sustain the appeal, but overall it is a well maintained property.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by demue
+1. Way better than Conrad. I'm Hilton Diamond and IHG Spire AMB (not RA) and I still stay at IC every time for the last 10+ years. No one will build a resort in Bali these days with such great, expansive grounds. It would cost a fortune. Room renovations are under way (Singaraja) and needed to sustain the appeal, but overall it is a well maintained property.
Will they have a sale soon?
Old Mar 12, 2017, 6:53 pm

Will they have a sale soon?
Nothing specific I have heard of. Usually, if you stayed there before, they email some of the offers. They always got the long stay rates that incl. breakfast and require a minimum 5 nights for a reduced rate (first night prepaid / forfeit).

Regular rates float up and down based on demand and booking situation. I always lock in a flexible paid rate or points booking (or both) and check back regularly and switch rates if I can save $.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 6:47 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Wife doesn't like beach resorts

Wife and I have 10 days between arrival and departure from DPS airport. I was only able to convince her to go with a side trip to Java to see Borobudur, a temple and wonder of the ancient world.

I'm a Plat Ambassador with enough points, Chase card free stay night, and Amb BOGO for a five night stay at the IC Bali. Trip is in August.

With such a mix of booking options, what room category should i book?

Are there off-site hiking options to satisfy an Indiana Jones wannabe?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:29 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Ahhh....back to Bali next week. Staying here again for 6 nights and then moving over to the Holiday Inn Benoa for 4 nights.

I love Bali!
Old Mar 15, 2017, 9:31 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Bowgie
Wife and I have 10 days between arrival and departure from DPS airport. I was only able to convince her to go with a side trip to Java to see Borobudur, a temple and wonder of the ancient world.

I'm a Plat Ambassador with enough points, Chase card free stay night, and Amb BOGO for a five night stay at the IC Bali. Trip is in August.

Are there off-site hiking options to satisfy an Indiana Jones wannabe?
i wouldn't call the IC Bali a "beach resort."

There isn't much beach activity going on considering there is an ocean next to it.

Its A pretty chill place. Quiet by 9pm.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Bowgie

If you are using points and other free night type certificates then all you can book are Classic rooms which is the basic category.

Nothing terribly wrong with those rooms, albeit they may be a bit dated, but usually are maintained well enough. If you can charm them into a refurbished Singaraja room upgrade (1 category up, but normally no upgrades on reward stays ) then that may be nicer. You could also ask to pay a supplement to upgrade to Club room with Club benefits. They will quote you a supplement fee.

August is usually high season and quite full / sold out. Don't wait too long to secure your reward nights.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 355F1
i wouldn't call the IC Bali a "beach resort."

There isn't much beach activity going on considering there is an ocean next to it.

Its A pretty chill place. Quiet by 9pm.
Yes, i agree. I do not like the beach in Bali, I prefer the beach in Cuba. In Bali I stay by the pool close my eyes and chill. Ask for drinks to be served etc, enjoy the lounge and evening drinks.
Old Mar 16, 2017, 8:13 pm

Yes, i agree. I do not like the beach in Bali, I prefer the beach in Cuba. In Bali I stay by the pool close my eyes and chill. Ask for drinks to be served etc, enjoy the lounge and evening drinks.
While beaches in Bali are certainly not rivalling the Caribbean, IMHO, the beach at the IC Bali is one of the best hotel beaches around. Clean, nicer sand, nice calm environment (no sellers or so). Only nuisance may be other guests that behave poorly. Can't blame the hotel for that.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wrote to hotel, and got back the usual schpeel, everything on the ground floor is sold out sorry and she even cc'd the entire world at the hotel. And we cannot give you another upgrade. I did not ask for another upgrade. Ha ha
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Bali earthquake, now what? People travelling me have an 8 month old baby and are worried. Refundable rate for the CERT nights but paid for last night.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 2:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Bali earthquake, now what?
Now nothing. Go to Bali and enjoy your holiday.
Bali is in an area where volcanic eruptions and earthquakes occur regularly and tsunamis are possible. The fact that an earthquake just happened is irrelevant.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.