Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2017, 9:13 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by Moranguinho
Are there any recent experiences, how much separate club upgrade costs for AMB, e.g. from a classic duplex suite on?

I will write them in the next couple of days anyhow, but some date would really be appreciated.
I posted all of that info in the last couple pages of this thread as I just stayed there 3 weeks ago. Check back a few pages.

Sorry, on my phone.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
I agree. I will be back here at least 1-2 times per year and will book the Singaraja King from now on if they continue to offer the "Stay Longer (5days+) and Save." I got free breakfast, and 20% off all Dining (more on that below) and 20% off laundry. I can't justify the Club price if the breakfast is included with a regular room. And I don't need anything bigger or more fancy than the King Singaraja Duplex--it was literally the perfect room and the best value I have ever received at any hotel anywhere in the world.

I want to post a couple things that happened on this amazing one-week stay.

1. On my final bill they added a $1 charge-per-day to my room entitled "Other Charity Donation." Not knowing what in the heck this was I obviously brought it up to management's attention. The front desk told me that when I checked in that the person is supposed to ask if we want to donate $1/night to a local charity for something related to feeding the poor and I told her that nobody mentioned one thing. They obviously took it off the bill.

2. Upon check-in, the gal was NOT very clear on what "20% off Dining" actually meant. I interpreted this as 20% off my food bills if dining within the resort. Apparently that is NOT the case...and it is ONLY 20% off the FOOD portion of any bill. The front desk fixed this, but it was only a couple dollars of savings after the drinks were discounted.

3. The food at the IC is EXTREMELY MORE EXPENSIVE than the awesome seafood places literally a 2 minute walk to the left on the beach. For example, comparing the IC to the White Sands, the tuna steak dinner is $14 versus $4.50 and the margherita pizzas were $16 vs. $6. The price differences are too vast and the other restaurants too close to NOT mention this being important to the stay. However, I must ALSO say that we had the lamb ($32) at the IC and it was literally the best tasting lamb either of us has ever eaten. Hats off to the chef for that one.

4. We stayed in a Club Suite last November and told them we liked the Harnn Products so they replenished our room with Harnn toiletries daily. This was an awesome way for the hotel to show they appreciated us as return guests.

Overall, I think this is my favorite hotel for the money anywhere in the world and I look forward to returning next year. ^^^
Would you please tell me when usually is the sale for book offer the "Stay Longer (5days+) and Save." Because I am interest to visit Bali for the first time next year? thank you!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 1:55 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Would you please tell me when usually is the sale for book offer the "Stay Longer (5days+) and Save." Because I am interest to visit Bali for the first time next year? thank you!
I have no idea. Just do a dummy booking for 4-5 nights for the time that you're looking and it will tell you if it is an option.
Old Apr 29, 2017, 10:22 am

Originally Posted by 355F1
I opted to NOT stay in the Club Rooms this trip because they offered free breakfast with the "Stay Longer And Save" package (which I think requires 5 nights?). Breakfast was the only part of the Club Experience we cared about last time.

I am a Spire AMB and paid $158/night for a King Singaraja Room and they upgraded us to a King Singaraja Duplex.

Here is a video of our suite:

Remodeled King Singaraja Duplex Room @ Intercontinental Bali Resort - YouTube
Thank you for the advice and i see the "stay longer and save" but how could you get the rate of $158 INCLUDED breakfast, because it show $158 WITHOUT the breakfast and the pay rate for "stay longer and save" I book 6 night it show as $189?? how far in advance do you book to get this rate? is the breakfast worth it? sorry i never stay in this resort so I have a lot of question thank again
Old Apr 29, 2017, 12:39 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Thank you for the advice and i see the "stay longer and save" but how could you get the rate of $158 INCLUDED breakfast, because it show $158 WITHOUT the breakfast and the pay rate for "stay longer and save" I book 6 night it show as $189?? how far in advance do you book to get this rate? is the breakfast worth it? sorry i never stay in this resort so I have a lot of question thank again
I don't know how I got that rate. I simply did a booking on ihg.com for 6 nights and that rate came up as available. So I booked it.

Brrakfast is is one of the best I've ever experienced at any IC in the world. If you have more than one person you're better off just booking a club room and paying for a Club Upgrade upon arrival.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 12:19 am

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by demue
If you are using points and other free night type certificates then all you can book are Classic rooms which is the basic category.

Nothing terribly wrong with those rooms, albeit they may be a bit dated, but usually are maintained well enough. If you can charm them into a refurbished Singaraja room upgrade (1 category up, but normally no upgrades on reward stays ) then that may be nicer. You could also ask to pay a supplement to upgrade to Club room with Club benefits. They will quote you a supplement fee.

August is usually high season and quite full / sold out. Don't wait too long to secure your reward nights.
This seems to have changed recently - not sure if it's a permanent or intended change. I just booked a few rooms for later in the fall on points and was given the option of selecting a Singaraja room. Previously, the points rooms were just the Classic rooms. The points required isn't any different and received my confirmations. Hope this holds.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 3:12 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
This happens sometimes, whether by accident or intentional no one can tell. Book them and hold onto them.
Old Jun 19, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
I was informed by the hotel that they plan to begin renovating the club rooms as well as club pool (and other areas?) in September. I am considering a stay Dec 22-27 in a Singaraja room using points and a cheap upgrade to club lounge (which they confirmed will remain open) access. Since this is peak season, will the 'regular' pools be packed? How nice is the beach and is there shade? Trying to decide between this and the Grand Hyatt where we can get lounge access too (and they have a club pool).

Thanks in advance for your insights.

T.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 7:44 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by 54austin
I am considering a stay Dec 22-27 in a Singaraja room using points and a cheap upgrade to club lounge (which they confirmed will remain open) access. Since this is peak season, will the 'regular' pools be packed? How nice is the beach and is there shade?
Its not peak season. Its rainy season.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Savage25
It may be rainy season but, in my experience (and common sense), resorts in Bali are usually nearly full during the around Christmas and New Year's.

With the club pool out of commission, would the other pools be unpleasantly crowded?

How difficult is it find beach chairs in the shade? From pictures, it looks like there is a row of chairs with umbrellas and a few cabanas behind them. is there a fee for the cabanas?
Old Jun 24, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Originally Posted by Savage25
Not many places in the world that Dec 22-27 isnt peak season, sorry.
Old Jun 24, 2017, 9:43 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Both Savage25 as well as I have been at the IC Bali a few times over the exact Christmas period you describe. All I can tell you from that is that the place was never full, at times only half full and others maybe 2/3. It is not their most peak period and personally I had 25-30 stays at the resort over the last 15 years. There is a reason they will start renovations of Club rooms in Oct before it goes into the lower season period.

Also your chance of rain for even more prolonged periods than usual in Bali is high, but alas none of us knows what the weather will be. My last Christmas stay had 4 days rain and 1 day sunshine. Still enjoyable, but competition for sun loungers wasn't really an issue then.

Of course, things can change so it'll be the OPs call in the end. YMMV.

Last edited by demue; Jun 24, 2017 at 9:50 pm
Old Jul 1, 2017, 11:50 am

IC Bali vs RC Bali

Sorry if this question is better suited elsewhere, but I was wondering if any of you that stayed at the IC Bali ever stayed at the RC Nusa Dua? I'm currently a Platinum Ambassador and Marriott Gold. Room/price wise, I am able to book a standard suite at RC with club upgrade via certs for nearly the same price for a club room at IC. Location aside and just going off service and hotel grounds, are either of these hotels "clearly" superior? I know location is huge, but this will only be for a one night booking to end our trip in Bali and my wife and I plan on just staying within the hotel grounds to recoup and get ready for our next destination. Thank you in advance!
Old Jul 1, 2017, 10:27 pm

I have only been to the grounds of the RC (not stayed there) and certainly it is nice, albeit Nusa Dua overall is a bit generic Bali same as the hotels there could be in other tropical places too Nothing wrong with it though.

The IC still has one of the nicest and most expansive grounds with a very good beach (for Bali big hotels) in front. It is also close to the airport if that matters. Club experience is great too.

I'm partial to the IC, but I don't think you would make a mistake with the RC either, for a one night stay especially.

Just make sure you don't plan to stay at the IC between Jan -Jun 2018 as they will be renovating the entire Club wing during that period and mo Club rooms and Club Suites will be available and the Club pool will be closed too.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by demue
I have only been to the grounds of the RC (not stayed there) and certainly it is nice, albeit Nusa Dua overall is a bit generic Bali same as the hotels there could be in other tropical places too Nothing wrong with it though.

The IC still has one of the nicest and most expansive grounds with a very good beach (for Bali big hotels) in front. It is also close to the airport if that matters. Club experience is great too.

I'm partial to the IC, but I don't think you would make a mistake with the RC either, for a one night stay especially.

Just make sure you don't plan to stay at the IC between Jan -Jun 2018 as they will be renovating the entire Club wing during that period and mo Club rooms and Club Suites will be available and the Club pool will be closed too.
Thanks for the info @demue! Indeed, the proximity to the airport may be the deciding factor. I think that doubled with transportation to airport provided for Club room stays would make this a clear choice if there is no absolute "winner" in terms of grounds + service between the two. There are so many nice hotels in Bali at incredible rates it's almost stressful choosing which ones to stay at!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.