Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC Bali Jimbaran Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2016, 1:43 pm

Programs: QF Emerald EY Plat HH D
I have written now 3 times about comp pickup at airport. Im RA. So get club but they keep stating the cost
Cant they see i will get in club with the 2 class ug?
Old Nov 17, 2016, 5:28 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 355F1
Sent the IC Bali an email to [email protected] asking about a Club Upgrade for my stay next week.

I paid $138/night for a classic room for the first two nights and used my Chase Free Night (literally expiring the following day!) for the third night.

Here is their reply:

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort.

Thank you for your email.

We are pleased to reconfirm your reservation with details as following :

on November 22-24, 2016 at 1x Resort Classic Room upgraded to Singaraja Room as your ambassador benefit which you have book under IHG Rc Advance Rate. Pleased to informed if you would like to have room upgrade to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 90 +21%VAT/room/night. This rate already inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons, club benefit and complimentary airport transportation arrangement.

on November 24-25, 2016 at 1x Resort Classic Room which you have book under IHG Rewards Night Point. Being an Ambassador member, you are entitle to get an upgrade room However room upgrade is not available for booking using points, or the room upgrade is valid only using qualifying rate such as advance purchase, Get together, Best Flexible rate, and soon.
Pleased to informed if you would like to have room upgrade to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 150 +21%VAT/room/night. This rate already inclusive of breakfast for 2 persons, club benefit and complimentary airport transportation arrangement.

We do hope above offer would be match with your expectation and we are looking forward to hearing your acceptance within 24 hours otherwise the availability room and its rate is subject to change without prior notice.

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

Are they seriously going to effing make me change rooms for the third night???? I have NEVER had any IC make me do that on a multiple booking.

Dummy booking is showing plenty of upgrade rooms available.
Yep, I've had the same experience. Increased rate for club upgrade on the points night.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 6:21 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by dontgoaway
Yep, I've had the same experience. Increased rate for club upgrade on the points night.
Same price?

I replied that if they could just make it $90/night for all three nights I would accept it. I haven't heard back yet.

I also mentioned my disappointment if they seriously make me change rooms because they don't want to upgrade my Chase Free Night with my AMB status. Checked the app today and it appears they have upgraded me to the King Singara room for all three nights.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 7:01 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, HH Diamond
Yeah, same price. $150 US++
Old Nov 17, 2016, 8:12 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I would also think that the upgrade fee on all 3 nights should be the same at 90$++ (21%) This back and forth is tiring and a bit silly.

Of course during low demand period they get peanuts from IHG for the room, but don't be that stingy.

Consider taking just Singaraja upgrade (some supposedly renovated) and get the special deal on breakfast (e.g. sometimes at 50% off) and leave it at that. Depends how much you drink at lounge whether that much extra cost is worth it to you.
Old Nov 17, 2016, 9:29 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Yeah, same price. $150 US++
Well.....sometimes it pays to ask for a deal.

Just got this email:

Thank you for your email in returned.

Pleased to informed you after we had discuss with our superior we are pleased to offer you additional charge for your reservation as following :

#62941001 on November 22-24, 2016 upgrade from Singaraja Room to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 90 +21%VAT/room/night.
#65506173 on November 24-25, 2016 upgrade from Resort Classic Room to Club Room we are pleased to offer you additional charge at USD 100 +21%VAT/room/night.

Please kindly advice us if above offer is acceptable for you then we may assign the same club room for your entire stay. Above rate already inclusive of breakfast and club benefit for 2 persons.

Furthermore, if you book our club room as your ambassador benefit you will entitled for room upgrade to Club Duplex Suite however during you stay period our club duplex and all suite room already fully book. At this case we will offer the guest to stay in the same room as currently reserve with lower rate.

We are looking forward to hearing from you,

Please do not hesitate to contact us should you need further assistance.

Sincerely yours,

So...I am obviously taking this upgrade!

I've been all over the world as I try to take at least one vacation every month but I haven't ever been to Bali!!!!

WOoooHoooo!!!!!
Old Nov 18, 2016, 8:24 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by boonkoh
Does anyone have an email address I can use for requesting club upgrade offers and breakfast offers?

I've been trying the icbali.reservation@ and their English is not too good and they refuse to offer any breakfast or upgrade offers for AMB/Plat. Not sure if they understand me or if they don't have the authority to give offers.
I'm having similar troubles at the moment. They are polite enough but seem to just pick and choose the parts of my emails they feel like responding too. If anyone has a contact there they'd be willing to share (privately, of course) it would be very much appreciated.
Originally Posted by binman
I would be grateful if anyone could send me via PM a club email address for this property. I have been 3 times now and it seems my email for the club duty manger no longer works.
Beautiful property and my last visit in 2015 was sublime.
For those of you looking for an email address and/or airport pickup price I received this today:

[email protected]

Warmest greetings from InterContinental Bali Resort at Jimbaran Bay, Bali.

I and the entire team would like to extend our sincere gratitude for your loyalty to InterContinental Hotels Group.

As Spire Ambassador member , we have noticed that you would be arriving on 22 November and stay until 24 November and therefore, please do not hesitate to contact us or myself for any assistance you may require on your visit to make your stay a memorable one.
Please advise us your flight details at your earliest convenience so we could arrange your pick up service at IDR 550.000 if you require.

As Spire Ambassador member your benefits will be extended to:

·Welcome gift at check in
Our current local benefits in room welcome fruit basket.
Online newspaper access to press reader.
Our current local benefit of 20% discount on SPA.
Late check out until 4 pm upon availability
Room upgrade

Furthermore, in order to plan your activities better during your holiday, please find attached of activities, dining options and experiences which you may want to pre-book during your stay with us.
With this a well I would like to summary that you have been requested a king size bed and the room located on higher floor and since your room does not comes with breakfast you may buy in our restaurant at IDR 250.000++/pax.

On behalf of the entire InterContinental Bali Resort team, we are looking forward to welcoming you to the 'Island of the Gods'.

With warmest regards,

Ratna
Guest Relation Manager

INTERCONTINENTAL BALI RESORT
Jl. Uluwatu 45, Jimbaran
Bali 80361
Indonesia

Tel: +62 361 701 888
Mob: +62 8113802347
Fax: +62 361 701 777
Old Nov 18, 2016, 3:48 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
For money matters you need to deal with the reservations / sales team so contacting guest relations can be an entry point, but will likely get passed on.

Anyways, 100++$ for the points night is okay, not a super bargain, but also not as outrageous as 150++$. Enjoy.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG:PLAT DL:PM
Hello All - I am a recently minted platinum ambassador and planning on staying at the IC bali in a few months. It looks like I can book a club room for $300 vs $200 for a resort classic which seems well worth it. I am wondering what I can expect for a room upgrade? the IC bali markets a "club king" room which seems identical to standard yet is a separate category - with a $50 per night premium. I would like to be upgraded to a club duplex or maybe a suite, does anyone have experience or know if I will need to book the "king club" room vs a standard club room to ensure this?

Thanks in Advance.
Old Dec 6, 2016, 11:40 pm

You need to book a King Club to get upgraded to a Club Duplex as AMB. Club Duplex is considered a suite. Specialty suite upgrades can happen, but likely you have to book Club Duplex to start with and it depends on booking situation, e.g. is Bali Suite available or not, etc. Multi-level upgrades do happen, but RAs on paid bookings got a better shot at those to be honest.

If you want a Club room and not pay the Club room rate, the one category below can be booked - Singaraja Duplex and as AMB you will get assigned a Club room (1-category upgrade). Whether you prefer a Club Duplex (bigger, 2-level) over the Club room really depends on personal taste.

If you book a Classic room (paid nights) most likely you would get upgraded to a Singaraja Room. In some cases, people do get upgraded to a Resort Classic Suite (they got like 10 or 11 of those IIRC, good size, in bit of a need of a refurbishment, but usually well maintained) which is not officially bookable any longer as a room category these days and normally used to handle AMB upgrades.

Supposedly, refurbishment of some of the Singaraja rooms is currently under way, so you may be able to request a newly updated room as the upgrade from Classic room category. Your call.

Lastly, you can always drop them a note and ask about the latest policy for AMB upgrades to be sure.

For points nights no upgrades are given as standard policy.
Old Dec 8, 2016, 8:19 pm

Programs: IHG Royal Ambassador Spire Elite, BA Gold, GA Gold
Upgrades on a Points Booking

Hi there

Based on last comment from "Demue"

Unquote

Is this in relation to a standalone policy for IC Bali or Intercon or IHG?

I've had experiences (this year), where in bookings with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn resort - on points - I HAVE received an upgrade.
Admittedly this is the first time I myself will use points (4 nights over Christmas at IC Bali) and as of yet when I look at "Upcoming Trips" there has been no alteration to the booking.
In the same time frame of booking IC Jakarta (twice for upcoming trips) I see that they seem have to applied their alleged "Standardisation Policy".
That is to say that previously when booking the lowest - standard room - I would always (with my Royal Ambassador level) automatically receive a suite and Club access.
Now I am "only" provided with a Club Room - which is essentially a normal room with Club Access.

So back to the points......
Should I expect with my Royal Ambassador level (as well as 100+ nights in 2016 at IHG of which approx 70% are at Intercons) that I will under no circumstances receive (in advance) an upgrade and instead be presented upon checkin with an option of paying $150 x 4 nights to move from a "Classic Room" to a Club Room.

Lastly.... Does anyone know regardless of RA Status and no upgrade provided or taken if Club Access is permitted?

Thanks guys and all the best
Adrian
Old Dec 9, 2016, 10:28 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by agraham
Hi there

Based on last comment from "Demue"

Unquote

Is this in relation to a standalone policy for IC Bali or Intercon or IHG?

I've had experiences (this year), where in bookings with Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn resort - on points - I HAVE received an upgrade.
Admittedly this is the first time I myself will use points (4 nights over Christmas at IC Bali) and as of yet when I look at "Upcoming Trips" there has been no alteration to the booking.
In the same time frame of booking IC Jakarta (twice for upcoming trips) I see that they seem have to applied their alleged "Standardisation Policy".
That is to say that previously when booking the lowest - standard room - I would always (with my Royal Ambassador level) automatically receive a suite and Club access.
Now I am "only" provided with a Club Room - which is essentially a normal room with Club Access.

So back to the points......
Should I expect with my Royal Ambassador level (as well as 100+ nights in 2016 at IHG of which approx 70% are at Intercons) that I will under no circumstances receive (in advance) an upgrade and instead be presented upon checkin with an option of paying $150 x 4 nights to move from a "Classic Room" to a Club Room.

Lastly.... Does anyone know regardless of RA Status and no upgrade provided or taken if Club Access is permitted?

Thanks guys and all the best
Adrian
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...rms-conditions

Award nights are always in Amb block as virtually everything benefit wise being excluded on award stays (in general Amb section and applies to both AM + RA )
"When staying on Reward Nights, all Ambassador and Royal Ambassador Privileges apply with the exception of upgrades, free Pay-TV film per stay, 24-hour guaranteed room availability, 8:00 am early check-in and complimentary mini-bar beverages (where a cost for these benefits is applicable)"

1st Sep 2016, IHG updated t+c section for Ambassadors and RA's.
... In effect world temporarily split in two for RA's AMEA and RoW with RoW to terms catch-up sometime early 2017 (IHG still negotiating with RoW OC hotels) in terms of room upgrade/lounge access benefit

For AMEA (africa, Middle east, Asia minus Greater Chins) instead of Exec/Club/Suite terms are now
a)+2 cat AND Lounge access for RA's
b)since the award night text exclusions is unchanged, RAs get Lounge on Award nights

New RA AMEA t+c
=============

For guest stays at InterContinental® hotels and resorts in Asia Pacific (excluding China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Middle East and Africa, a room upgrade to a category two tiers higher than the original booking shall be available to all Royal Ambassador members. All Royal Ambassador members will be entitled to the Club InterContinental Experience on top of the two tier room upgrade. In circumstances where the two tier room upgrade is not available at 8:00 am, the Royal Ambassador will be checked into an available room until their upgraded room becomes available later on the day of arrival.
Old Dec 10, 2016, 11:13 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Had a lovely stay here last week and just wanted to show you how they took care of me.

Bathtub stopper literally got stuck and the tub wouldn't drain so they sent a box of chocolates and an apology.

I stayed on a mix of $138/night basic room, points,Chase Cert, and paid Club access (see my post a few posts back for the UG costs for each). They upgraded me to a Duplex Suite.

I inquired about staying one extra night and the club manager told me I could book it with points or my Chase free night cert and pay the $100 Club Fee and they would keep me in the suite.

Upon checkout they gave us complimentary transportation to our next hotel, the HIX Kuta. I was impressed with this last offering.

Overall an awesome stay. The breakfast is one of the best I've had at any IC, too.

I think I want to go back to Bali in march.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:09 pm

The property is great and the team on the ground, especially in the Club, are usually great and will try their best to accommodate. The initial email exchanges with reservations team prior to a stay can be hit and miss though and you usually need to get things raised up to a manager or so for resolution. YMMV.

The no upgrades on rewards nights part is standard IHG policy and while some properties chose to honor benefits the IC Bali goes by the rules (like Jakarta, Bangkok, Hua Hin, etc.) which one has to accept. This is a program level gap that many of us have criticised for years.
Old Dec 11, 2016, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by 355F1
Upon checkout they gave us complimentary transportation to our next hotel, the HIX Kuta.
You paid a Club supplement so you would have been entitled to free airport drop off. Given HIX Kuta isn't that much further, they gave you a ride there. Nice.

Last edited by demue; Dec 11, 2016 at 7:36 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.